• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So what is the answer?

I understand something needs to be done with these mass shootings but how do they go about doing it without violating our rights and Constitution? Seems no one knows the answers and we know the lawmakers are just trying to keep their votes intact. Ever since Trump decided to run for president back in 2014-15, the country became more divided and right now it is definitely at its worse. The Dums and Repubs need to put party aside and start fixing everything in this country.

#1 adress the mental health issues in America.
#2 police in every school…everyday

Agreed. Every shooting lately has revolved around the mental condition of the shooter. It’s hard as linking mental health to your ability to own guns can be rife with abuse but I think that is where it needs to start.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Follow what Israel does at their schools. They’ve eliminated this problem as a shooter would be dead before they got close to the door.

I understand something needs to be done with these mass shootings but how do they go about doing it without violating our rights and Constitution? Seems no one knows the answers and we know the lawmakers are just trying to keep their votes intact. Ever since Trump decided to run for president back in 2014-15, the country became more divided and right now it is definitely at its worse. The Dums and Repubs need to put party aside and start fixing everything in this country.
The country became more divided during the eight years of Obama‘s presidency which is the opposite of what voters thought would happen by voting for the first black president.

I understand something needs to be done with these mass shootings but how do they go about doing it without violating our rights and Constitution?

Lol is that what the noise box says? But it says nothing about "regular" crime which involves people getting smoked at much greater volume.

If there was an easy answer, we would have already found it.
this.
At risk of emulating @SpaceCritter, maybe start by implementing literally any of the lessons from the The Final Report and Findings of the Safe School Initiative

Sell and use more family dinner tables.
Serve whatever cuisine you wish; Southern, continental, Chinese, TEXMEX, American.
It doesn't matter. It. Wasn't. About. The. Food!
R.1e1d5b60bc5aebbbe9c7ba0d3999a7be

Anybody picking up on the fact that as the news networks and social media push more and more of the crazy shit, the more violence we are experiencing?

There is a reason that past generations had normalcy and encouraged traditional values such as marriage to the opposite sex, discouraged divorce, encouraged love of country and working hard.

It is an organized destruction of society we are seeing. It's a masterful plan. All it takes is one more plandemic and society will cry uncle and look to government to control every aspect of life.

This is not a gun violence problem. It's much bigger. Guns are just one of the triggers, pun intended.

I'll put on my flame suit and say that putting cops in "every school every day" is some extreme police-state bullshit. Both a waste of resources and unless you deploy a trained team with long guns they're just going to be the first people to get popped or shit their pants while waiting for backup.

Are you serious???

The issue isn't guns or large trucks or machete's. It's the entire system that allows these people to go walking around. 50 years ago, if you were the little NewTown dipshit, you'd get your head cuffed a few times a week. You might not end up alright and you might die early of anxiety and you might not have a great life BUT SMALL CHILDREN WOULDN'T BE F'ING DEAD!

Time and time again, it's people who are young and "fed up." Please. You clearly didn't get pushed enough by your parents. Or you didn't have parents. At least not 2. We revel in the "freedom of not having to be tied to an unloving spouse" in this country. Yup. Right up until Junior decides to open up on his coworkers that thought he was quirky or something.

People need reality b-slaps. It's not the guns or the other "weapons." It's the catering to people FEEELINGS all the time without ever making them productive members of society.

I have always subscribed to this yet had not heard it until last year: "You aren't raising children, you are raising adults."

I would add:
#3 Restore families in America. Kids whose two parents are involved in their lives don't grow up to become mass shooters.
And..... for that matter they also are less likely to become involved in street crime, which on average is a far greater odds of putting them in a position to kill another kid/person. School shootings are ground noise compared to the BDC garbage we have going on. Most of those involve broken families.....

I'll put on my flame suit and say that putting cops in "every school every day" is some extreme police-state bullshit. Both a waste of resources and unless you deploy a trained team with long guns they're just going to be the first people to get popped or shit their pants while waiting for backup.

No flame here but as I said above we need to lock schools down and to me that means more then one armed police officer at each school. It’s a whole new way of thinking when school safety is really looked at.

Big Al think bigley, Your man Obama did more to devide America than anyone thought of. To the advantage of the liberals.

Are you serious???

The issue isn't guns or large trucks or machete's. It's the entire system that allows these people to go walking around. 50 years ago, if you were the little NewTown dipshit, you'd get your head cuffed a few times a week. You might not end up alright and you might die early of anxiety and you might not have a great life BUT SMALL CHILDREN WOULDN'T BE F'ING DEAD!
Lol so you think lanza would be normal if his parents beat him up a bit? 🤣

The kid belonged in a prison grade looney bin.... something that's disappeared right before the decade that these things started becoming non zero events.

Let’s be honest - no one gives a wet sh*t about “mass shootings”. Mass shootings are only celebrated in the media and by our ruling class are when they have a high enough profile, i.e. “whypipo and children”.

The stats on Chicago from Jan 1 to Apr 11 2023: 142 killed, 493 wounded. —> and since there is no hue & cry about this urban warzone, you’ll forgive me if I choose not to clutch my pearls and recline on the fainting couch while crying “something needs to be done”

The percentage of gun (legal) gun ownership has remained pretty stable, so the issue is *not* the firearms. The root cause of the media focused shootings appears to be mental illness, but this is speculation from afar because there is almost never reporting on the aftermath and the if the perp is one of the media’s “protected classes”…the story is memory holed with prejudice

So…the ruling class, their media lackeys and the public at large are unwilling to cut out the urban decay causing major metropolitan areas to be war zones, choose to celebrate mental illness /drug addictions rather than institutionalize and treat those unfortunate souls and look for “solutions” that are low-risk/camera friendly (i.e., restrict rights of the law abiding)

You want to “do something”….copy what El Salvador did last year. Murders in El Salvador tumbled 56.8% in 2022 after the govt’s widespread crackdown on gang violence.

And when you finish with the gangs, more on to the mentally ill, the junkies and homeless ….problem solved

No flame here but as I said above we need to lock schools down and to me that means more then one armed police officer at each school. It’s a whole new way of thinking when school safety is really looked at.

Schools are already locked down.

I think in an acute sense it would work but it would just move these nutbags to softer targets. It's just pushing the target elsewhere. Everyone jerks off about school safety. Then some other public aggregation spot gets shot up by a looney.

Locking glass doors and hoping for the best is NOT locked down.

People need to come and go from them all day long so I don't know what you expect. A cop at every door? Metal detectors? f*** all that.

There are plenty of examples of cops in schools not stopping violence. I'd rather have my kids grow up without a cop over their shoulder all day long.

a most typical answer from most of the countries is to shove all your rights right up your ass and de-weaponize the citizenry. it will come to this here as well.
other way that works - it is a way of swiss, israel and other countries - a mandatory draft with a psycho evaluation done during service, and then having past military service as a mandatory LTC requirement. theoretically it should have some benefits in the way of how people then treat weapons and secure them away from mentally unstable offspring of theirs or others.

i do not think neither path would work well here, though, as no one here wants to address the problem itself and either side only wants an ultimatum of 'all or nothing' kind.

what i would do right now - the totally useless national guard should be put to a good use and every school needs to get 2 soldiers planted in the entrance, to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom