• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I’m not a tech guy, but how is it possible for someone to write a bot script without being able to access TUSAs internal data base? Anyone care to educate me on the matter? I believe that bots are the culprit in this situation, just think it’s messed up that people are having items taken from their cart.

I’m not a tech guy, but how is it possible for someone to write a bot script without being able to access TUSAs internal data base? Anyone care to educate me on the matter? I believe that bots are the culprit in this situation, just think it’s messed up that people are having items taken from their cart.
They are not 'being taken from the cart.'

Many people assume that an item being in the cart 'reserves it', or pulls it from stock. It does not, generally.

Fact of the matter is, somebody bought it before you. That is all. It may have been a bot (going through the checkout process faster than you can type), but nothing is being 'taken'.

this is truly frustrating. went out of stock in 3 sec, faster than i could get to the cart.
Yep. I won’t be renewing with TS next year if they don’t fix this issue. 100.00 a year and I’ll be lucky to get my 10 free rds of 5.56 and an ammo can this year from them. Talk about price gauging.

this is truly frustrating. went out of stock in 3 sec, faster than i could get to the cart.
Yea dude it was gone almost instantly, I am on a very fast fiber network here too and I couldn't get any, was much less than 3 seconds response for me.

Yea and I can confirm running a bot program on target sports works no problem, we just didn't go far enough with it. We tried running it from "add to cart" but now were gonna try it full bore so it snags a quantity of 10 of anything that pops up and auto checkout. Mostly doing it to confirm all of our suspicions and our own curiosity, and our guy here is a gun guy and like's to experiment with his programming abilities. If we can get it to work I'll start flipping the ammo in the members classifieds 5% over cost or something if it would help people out.

Sold out in a few minutes. They also continue to screw up the price per round calculation: it showed as 14 cents per round despite costing $18 for one hundred. Definitely will not renew my prime membership when it expires in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom