• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Weird considering that it's brass cased and M43 Yugoslav surplus is allegedly very very clean shooting as far as x39 goes. maybe it's not as similar as people speculate
Yeah I dunno. It’s easy enough to clean. Just leaves a lot of unburned powder - see photos in the post I replied to previously.

That Armscor .22 is dirty af. 500 rounds through suppressed 10/22 & 22/45 and both needed a shovel to clean the crap out and then detail stripped. The pistol bore was like a coal mine.

I will say that it does suppress ok, meaning the pop is acceptable. It’s not as quiet as slower rounds but it’s acceptable.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know what people have found when opening one of these spam cans as well. I've got a bunch of these spam cans in different calibers stacked in storage, but I've never actually opened one.
WTF? What are we expecting to find?

When I opened my last can of mosin ammo.....there was mosin ammo in there. I assumed the round count was correct at 440...but didn't count them.

When I opened my last can of mosin ammo.....there was mosin ammo in there. I assumed the round count was correct at 440...but didn't count them.

I've read that some of these spam cans contain rusted out ammo as the seal was broken. Not saying that is Barnaul, but just checking to see if anyone ran into issues. Not a left field question.

I've read that some of these spam cans contain rusted out ammo as the seal was broken. Not saying that is Barnaul, but just checking to see if anyone ran into issues. Not a left field question.
Yup I'd be skeptical of any combloc tin ammo cans that aren't in good to very good condition... not something I'd stock up on for long term storage.

Weird considering that it's brass cased and Yugoslavi M43 surplus is allegedly very very clean shooting as far as x39 goes. maybe it's not as similar as people speculate
I believe that's yugo m67 that's you're referring to. But yes good stuff, I've heard nothing but good things besides it being corrosive. Loaded hot, accurate, and likes to tumble from what I've read. Have a case myself, haven't shot any of it yet.
20200824_171057.jpg

Has anyone opened one of the spam cans? Is that a good idea upon receipt?
I'd be interested to know what people have found when opening one of these spam cans as well. I've got a bunch of these spam cans in different calibers stacked in storage, but I've never actually opened one.

F34DSBJH2NDPZG3PQA54R3LBAQ.png

That Armscor .22 is dirty af. 500 rounds through suppressed 10/22 & 22/45 and both needed a shovel to clean the crap out and then detail stripped. The pistol bore was like a coal mine.

I will say that it does suppress ok, meaning the pop is acceptable. It’s not as quiet as slower rounds but it’s acceptable.
Sounds like Remington Thunderbolt. I think they use oak leaves and mouse nests as propellant.

If he was at an IDPA/USPSA match and the firearm hit the ground inside of the stage boundary, loaded or unloaded, that is an automatic DQ. If the firearm hits the ground outside of a stage boundary you are supposed to get an SO/RO and inform them and then follow their instructions. No DQ in this case however if you retrieve the firearm without the SO/RO and get caught the DQ is at the discretion of the MD.

Regardless of thoughts on hot versus cold range in IDPA/USPSA the rules specify a cold range. Arguments can be made for/against both. Don't like the rules then play another game.

or go to the range at a time when you're the only one there for a mellow, rules free experience

Just noticed TSUSA has Federal Champion PHP 22LR for $30.35 a box of 525 (<6¢ a round).

They have been selling the LRN right along, but this is the first I have seen the PHP in quite some time.

I have a case of it on hand so I do not need any and also last time I bought it 2/2020 it was like $18.50 a box, but if I was someone who needed 22LR then I would jump on this.
Quality vs. price I have always found them to be a good value compared to the more expensive Mini Mag PHP.

🐯

IDK how shipping factors in, but Igman brass case 7.62x39 is for sale for a bit cheaper than Belom. Pretty similar stuff, if not better. Igman is an OG Yugoslav munitions plant in Bosnia, IDK about Belom, but Igman should basically be new-production M43 but non corrosive
Just saw code "drft" for free shipping. Excellent deal

LOL I was half joking.

I know.....rusted ammo could be a possibility. The few mosin spams that i opened were good to go, I don't own a x39 and never have bought Barnul ammo cans. But if they get to 200 bucks each I might.

F34DSBJH2NDPZG3PQA54R3LBAQ.png
I knew a kid with a raging drug problem back in the day. He would buy power tools from Home Depot, (compressors, miter saws, table saws, etc). Take them home, remove the tool, fill the box with bricks or whatever would most closely replicate the weight of the original tool and then bring it back to the store for a return. HD was/is notorious for just putting returns back on the shelf. Im sure theyre not the only retailer doing that.

Yes. I’m not aware of any clubs that allow loaded firearms during a USPSA/IDPA match - unless you’re shooting a stage. Everyone else is unloaded until instructed by the RO
Every club I have been to for USPSA and Steel Challenge was this way. No loaded firearms unless you are shooting and no ammo at the safety table.

That sexy BELOM 9mm is back in stock.

Had to get some, hopefully I get the package before the wife sees it. I couldn’t resist!
Goofball question, but are their packages reusable for reloads? ive never seen any irl and it looks different to me in the pics. Looks flimsy

HA! TargetSports is now showing both member prices and non-member prices right next to eachother! This is how they entice you to buy their Prime membership. On top of that, there's a checkbox that says "Add prime membership to ammo purchase" so you buy both the ammo and prime with a single click lol. The CEO of this company is thinking like Jeff Bezos.

HA! TargetSports is now showing both member prices and non-member prices right next to eachother! This is how they entice you to buy their Prime membership. On top of that, there's a checkbox that says "Add prime membership to ammo purchase" so you buy both the ammo and prime with a single click lol. The CEO of this company is thinking like Jeff Bezos.
I wonder if they lost a lot of prime members over the last couple of years and are trying to bring them back

Back
Top Bottom