• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop (Salisbury, MA)

Great, as always. There was a guy shooting .45 when I came in, I saw him picking up his brass and offered him mine (9 and .40) because I dont reload but he didnt have anything in those calibers but he was a nice guy. Then the place was quiet until I left. Seriously depleted my ammo cache though...

Nice. When I was there I had a kid shooting a .357 Glock in the lane next to me. Damn those things are LOUD! I had to stop shooting and wait until he was done, I was getting like the shock wave into my lane LOL.

Nice. When I was there I had a kid shooting a .357 Glock in the lane next to me. Damn those things are LOUD! I had to stop shooting and wait until he was done, I was getting like the shock wave into my lane LOL.

yes they are!! I shot my friends glock 33, .357 once and not only is the thing loud, its like holding a mini cannon. I think it was the same day, he was shooting his 10mm glock 29 and I was in the lane to the right and every casing hit me in the head. [laugh]

LOL. Yes it is very loud. He actually let me shoot it and I didn't think the recoil was that bad at all. But yea when he was shooting it the casings were flying out at a high rate of speed and coming into my lane, haha.

yes they are!! I shot my friends glock 33, .357 once and not only is the thing loud, its like holding a mini cannon. I think it was the same day, he was shooting his 10mm glock 29 and I was in the lane to the right and every casing hit me in the head. [laugh]

My bad LOL :) :)

Won the raffle.

Was up to Hodgies for an ice cream. On the way home, I thought, mights well stop in and see what's new at O'Bob's. Still some empty squares on the raffle board for that S&W MP15 hanging on the wall. Best $20 I've spent in a long time. MA AW compliant. Its a keeper.
GC

mp15_obob_crop.jpg

Hey, nice job Greycar!! What's the next raffle? You mentioned an MP-15??

They gave me a nice price on a Sig last time I was in there, Friday.

Anyone going to be there today before the steel plate?
I am going to try and get there in about an hour or so to shoot a little before the steel plate shoot, I have some stuff to do tonight so can't stay for the shoot.

Gun Raffles............

In case anyone is interested in gun raffles, The Original Bob's Shooting Range and Gun Shop in Salisbury has raffles on an ongoing basis. It's a fairly inexpensive way to add to your collection (providing you win once in a while). I am not affiliated with Bob's, just a customer. You guys might want to check this out. The last handgun raffle was a Sig pistol of your choice from in-stock items.

I was planning on going to Bobs today to use the range. Their website is down and nobody answered the phone.

I have a 45 minute drive a head of me so I don't want to get up there and have them be closed.

Any reason they would be closed?

Just got back from Bobs. Incredible shop.

They have tons of firearms in stock and a very clean and organized shooting range. The staff there was really friendly. I plan to make a stop a Bob's much more often.

Derek

They have tons of firearms in stock and a very clean and organized shooting range. The staff there was really friendly. I plan to make a stop a Bob's much more often.

Derek

Note any ammo prices? I haven't stopped by in quite a while, but I recall them being quite competitive.

Derek

That's great to hear. Couple of good guys behind the counter there. Last springtime the range target gear was pretty beat up. I guess they straightened that out. I wish the best for them. They deserve it.

Friend of mine recommended this for Indoor range ....Looks like a great place .. gonna be first place i go as soon as the Permit comes in

Friend of mine recommended this for Indoor range ....Looks like a great place .. gonna be first place i go as soon as the Permit comes in

don't hesitate for your permit, you can rent and shoot sans-permit.

They have a modest selection, but a selection non the less of stuff to rent and shoot... good way to get a feel for stuff before you make a purchasing decision.

As much as I liked shooting at Bob's and liked Bob and Jack, I found it more economical to join a gun club. It was costing me about $30 for gas and gun range rental for every trip, not counting ammo. I shoot about twice a week now that I'm in a club. Bob's is still a good place to shoot though and they have the steel plate shoots if you like that.

As much as I liked shooting at Bob's and liked Bob and Jack, I found it more economical to join a gun club. It was costing me about $30 for gas and gun range rental for every trip, not counting ammo. I shoot about twice a week now that I'm in a club. Bob's is still a good place to shoot though and they have the steel plate shoots if you like that.

I'm sur it's a lot cheaper to join a club but I haven't found one I like yet. Anyone going tothe steel plate shoots Thursday? I think I'm going to head up and at least check it out if not try it out.

Back
Top Bottom