• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop (Salisbury, MA)

Wedensday night is center fire and Thursday night is for 22's. Cost 10 to shoot and usualy 1/2 the money collected is given away as prizes. It's not a money maker for them but a way to get more people shooting.
Just give it a try. You will find it a change shooting while being timed. There is plenty of time but just knowing that changes things. Good practice the bad guys won't always stand still and wait for you to take aim. Its usually a fun night out. I tend to shoot more of them in the winter then summer but look forward to start getting back in there soon.
Hope to see you there.

The only reason we camped at Rusnik's was Bob's is a hop skip and jump away... Even for my old bones...

Also, if you live in Seabrook, NH, and don't have a Mass license, I'm pretty sure the Original Bob's Shooting Range and Gun Shop has an agreement with the Salisbury police chief. I think that agreement allows those residents (Seabrook) to travel into Salisbury to shoot at Bob's with their weapons in tow. Call Bob's to inquire FIRST, though, don't do it on my say-so alone. - Michael

Also, if you live in Seabrook, NH, and don't have a Mass license, I'm pretty sure the Original Bob's Shooting Range and Gun Shop has an agreement with the Salisbury police chief. I think that agreement allows those residents (Seabrook) to travel into Salisbury to shoot at Bob's with their weapons in tow. Call Bob's to inquire FIRST, though, don't do it on my say-so alone. - Michael

Hmmm... Hope a State Trooper doesn't stop you if you're transporting illegally. Sounds a bit shady to me,

As far as i know there is no agreement or one needed. Mass law has stipulations for out of staters to travel into mass without a license as long as your either just passing through or going to a shooting facility. The gun has to be secured and locked in a trunk and cannot be an "assault weapon" as defined by Mass general Law or be in possession of post ban high capacity magazines.

If you got a glock with ten rounders locked in your trunk and you are not CCW you are good to go.

Last nights .22 steel shoot was a good time. I donated my ten dollars but I went in assuming that I was going to suck haha. I'll be back next wendsday to donate again.

Stopped by last night and was impressed with how the shop and range was looking. Much cleaner then what I remembered and the stock of guns was larger then I had ever seen there. The prices were very competitive, if not cheaper then some of the bigger name shops around.

I would most certainly visit again and will be doing so.
Gots to check out the steel shoot for myself also.

Stopped by last night and was impressed with how the shop and range was looking. Much cleaner then what I remembered and the stock of guns was larger then I had ever seen there. The prices were very competitive, if not cheaper then some of the bigger name shops around.

I would most certainly visit again and will be doing so.
Gots to check out the steel shoot for myself also.

I havent been for a lil while, would you say they have alot more handguns? The cases were pretty empty.

I havent been for a lil while, would you say they have alot more handguns? The cases were pretty empty.

was there last week or 2 weeks ago - they are loaded with new Sigs, they had some really old lugers, nazi era I think I overheard one of the guys saying, and a few, more random, used guns for sale. I was there to shoot but I wouldn't have been opposed to picking up a used .22 at a reasonable price, but there wasn't that much for me. If I remember correctly, a good supply of used wheel guns...

Yes a few Glocks, Sigs, bunch of revolvers, long guns along the wall. I would have to say it was the best stock I had ever seen them carry but it had been a couple years.

Definitely a fun place to go shoot. I went for 2 .22 plate shoots but I've been out of commission and haven't made it back yet. Once the weather gets a little better I'll start going again.

BTW they seem to have cheap raffles going all the time. Last time I went the winner got to chose from any Brand new Sig pistol in the store. $20 buy in and very few spaces were sold. The time before was a .22 rifle (I forgot the make) but the buy in was either 5 or 10 bucks and again they don't sell many tickets so it's a good chance of winning. I'll be back.

I had the same problem the other day regarding the cold...The good thing is that the ventilation is so horrible that the lead and carbon plugs your nostrils therefore warming your nose....

As much as I love Bobs, and enjoy shooting there, I sincerely hope you're joking (for your health). The taste of lead sure is yummy when its all up in your sinuses.[hmmm]

No he isnt joking much was there the other day as well .. and um well it was smoky and cold after i got done

I was in last night and they do have heat out on the range and from what i felt gets pretty warm. Bob's also has ventilation that sometimes might not get turned on. If no one is on the range heat and vents are off. Just ask to throw everything on.

There's a kerosene heater out on the range for when it gets cold. I go up there to do plate shooting almost every Wednesday, provided I'm not working late. Good bunch of guys around there.

When they do it you shoot 6 rounds in 15 seconds and repeat this 3 times then 6 rounds in 10 seconds repeat 3 times then 6 rounds in 5 seconds but you only repeat that 2 times.
They felt it would give us all more trigger time.

Been there a couple of times now and I really like the place and the people. The first time it was a little cold (not bad enough to complain) but this Fri it was perfect - tried out 3 guns. Love their policies and the atmosphere and recommend it highly!

Back
Top Bottom