Sporterized classic milsurp rifles
Gold plated anything, if you're not in the royal guard
Closed-bolt, long-barrel carbine versions of submachine pistols
Fake supressors
Airsoft

That money got me:
1) Meuller APV scope
2) B&C stock
3) VQ target trigger group (and this was only because I fuxord the stock one, and figured since I needed to replace it, I might as well upgrade)

I still need to upgrade the barrel. The stock one shoots mighty fine, but it looks ridiculous.
Hogue stock, butler creek barrel vq trigger, bushnell glass, harris bi-pod that gets shared... Great gun for kids and adults alike...

Hogue stock, butler creek barrel vq trigger, bushnell glass, harris bi-pod that gets shared... Great gun for kids and adults alike...

Definitely. I haven't spent all that money on it because I felt I needed to (shot great out of the box), it's just fun to tinker with it, and it's WAAY cheaper than an AR.

Kali style AR-15's FTW...

riflesfull.jpg

[thumbsup]

GUILTY AS CHARGED!

minus the trigger work... pew pew pew [rofl]

ETA: it hasn't got much use latley since i picked up the M&P 15-22 though... [wink]

[cheers]

Kali style AR-15's FTW...

riflesfull.jpg

I've only ever seen one that I liked, and it was actually a different lower receiver, which took standard AR uppers and mags, but had a regular looking sporter-style (non pistol grip) stock on it. I found it online somewhere once, and haven't been able to find it since.

I've only ever seen one that I liked, and it was actually a different lower receiver, which took standard AR uppers and mags, but had a regular looking sporter-style (non pistol grip) stock on it. I found it online somewhere once, and haven't been able to find it since.

Did it look anything like this?....

KittyRifle.jpg

remington "R-15's" or WTF ever they call them...

Remington%20R-15%20VTR.jpg

it's [STRIKE]designed[/STRIKE] painted for FUDDs with identity crisis'

remington "R-15's" or WTF ever they call them...

Remington%20R-15%20VTR.jpg

it's [STRIKE]designed[/STRIKE] painted for FUDDs with identity crisis'

Personally, I think it might be a good way to un-demonize the EBR with the sporting-only crowd.

Now that I think about it...an AR with an ATI .410 upper would be cool for trap [grin]

AR%20wood%20furniture.jpg

Have to admit, I've long been intrigued about this for a wall-piece... [laugh]

Let's assume full-auto.

I wonder how many rounds you could pump through that before it started smoking and/or caught fire? [smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's assume full-auto.

I wonder how many rounds you could pump through that before it started smoking and/or caught fire? [smile]

You don't even need full auto to light shtuff on fire. Dench and his M44, for example. And my SKS and I....

That being said, those would be perfect with the ATI .410 upper that I'd use for trap!

Are you saying pistols with no option of having a rail, or pistols with no option of NOT having a rail?

Pistols that only come with rails. There are a lot of interesting modern guns that I wish you could get without a big square muzzle with a rail. Seems like only tiny pocket guns and 1911s come that way now.

Pistols that only come with rails. There are a lot of interesting modern guns that I wish you could get without a big square muzzle with a rail. Seems like only tiny pocket guns and 1911s come that way now.

Gotcha. Makes sense, particularly if you never plan on mounting a weaponlight (or bayonet!)

I agree until you start talking about old sxs shotguns, they are the balance between art and function - Fox, Parker, Smith - I prefer Fox but that's just my preference

Why just old SxSs? The high-end Italian O/Us and SxSs are pretty much perfection mechanically and artistically.

Most any "tacticool" addition to an AR. Just shoot the thing already, MAYBE with a nice piece of glass. No one cares about your skull logo on the side.

Huge extended safeties on 1911's. Magwells on 1911's (yes I own one with it and I find it useless!)

Tech sights on 10/22's. I know I'll catch flak for this... but that front sight is the cheapest thing ever. Make it out of steel! And make it fit tight to the front. I own one of these too. [sad2] I'll change my opinion if it's ever improved.

Edit: I see the new versions are steel... and some have some other adjustment on them. Perhaps they're better?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom