Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for Mike at Tite Group. I was there on Wednesday picking up my new pistol and he was very pleasant to deal with. His service is on point and has some of the best prices in town.

Mike

Also make sure to call ahead as must have been said a bunch of times before. He doesn't have much inventory on hand either but can get what you want pretty quick usually.

We were there today...was closed at lunch but saw us out in front of the shop and came right over. Good guy, says he can get us what we want...we will be back and he will get some cash. I would def. call first.

I checked their web site last night and saw a S&W 22a 5.5 barrell for $199. I called this morning to check on it and the guy on the phone said that price was from 3 years ago and quoted me $281. He also told me it was a "pretty gun" so I don't know if that's because I'm a girl or not, but I'm not overly thrilled with the whole thing.
I guess if the pricing was current it wouldn't have been so disappointing.

Becka,

I recently looked at their website and saw prices that just could not be real. Check out this page:

http://titegroupshooting.com/COLT Match Rifles HBAR Web.htm

I believe that their web prices are woefully outdated. That is bad business IMHO. But I don't believe they were trying to bait and switch on ya 'cause your a "girl". I think they just don't realize how important it is to keep a website up to date.

Best,

Rich

Becka,

I recently looked at their website and saw prices that just could not be real. Check out this page:

http://titegroupshooting.com/COLT Match Rifles HBAR Web.htm

I believe that their web prices are woefully outdated. That is bad business IMHO. But I don't believe they were trying to bait and switch on ya 'cause your a "girl". I think they just don't realize how important it is to keep a website up to date.

Best,

Rich

I don't think they did a bait and switch on me either, I'm just bummed at outdated pricing (I actually thought it might have been used for that price). The "it's a pretty gun" part is more girl related than the price quote.

I checked their web site last night and saw a S&W 22a 5.5 barrell for $199. I called this morning to check on it and the guy on the phone said that price was from 3 years ago and quoted me $281. He also told me it was a "pretty gun" so I don't know if that's because I'm a girl or not, but I'm not overly thrilled with the whole thing.
I guess if the pricing was current it wouldn't have been so disappointing.

Buy a .500 then! [rofl] It's pretty too. Mike's a good guy- I little rough around the edges but a good guy.

I know Mike's had some real problems with his website and from what I recall he was going to close it. It's up but he does not update it. I think it mentions on the site that prices may not be current. I think Mike is a low-tech guy in a high-tech world....

I think Mike is a low-tech guy in a high-tech world....

Bingo. He's a good guy but you have to talk to him in person to get his full attention. I've never heard of anyone walking away from a FTF visit with mike disappointed.

You won't be either.

RD

nah, I am girl also, and met Mike in person. I was there with some of 'my boys' and when I asked him a gun related question he talked to me in the same manner as the boys. Actually more so when I was talking about a 1911. His wife is also a shooter. I agree some places will treat women differently, but not him. Also, check out Archer arms in Carver if you are in the area. Joe is a good guy and I have met a number of women in his shop.

Okay. So far any time I mentioned a gun (or knife) was pretty, the guys around me laugh at me. Especially at Dicks.
Maybe he just has a fine eye for 'the pretty'. [wink]

That's ok. With the stark exception of MassMark, most of the men who work there (at Bag 'o Dicks) are women.

Okay. So far any time I mentioned a gun (or knife) was pretty, the guys around me laugh at me. Especially at Dicks.

as a retired Army Ranger...I don't think anyone would laugh at him[wink]
ahh, he has a presence
and maybe the ones who laughed are jerks[smile]

Last edited:
Funny... I've called guns beautiful... I've called them gorgeous... I've called cars the same... I've called boats the same...but I don't recall using the word pretty. My wife on the other hand called my Seecamp cute.

Somehow I equate the word pretty with something feminine.

Is it just me? Am I the only one that seems to see guns as masculine?

Cheers,

Rich

I used to sell guns to Mike at TGS when I worked at Lew Hortons. Mike is a good guy and will get you anything he can.

I also sold guns to WGS. I have nothing good to say about that place as he didn't pay his bills when I dealt with him. I went out on a limb to get him an open account with Horton's. He stiffed Horton's right off the bat for over $_K. He went out to a collection agency shortly afterwards. I bet they don't even deal with him anymore. I can't say for sure as I left there shortly afterwards. He is a big shot for some company in the Springfield area and has the gun shop as a hobby. As mentioned earlier, his personality is something to be desired. Kinda like above you in my opinion if you catch my drift.

I've found Mike's personality... different. He doesn't take any BS, and small talk is not his specialty; but if you know what you want, he's very accommodating. I've never left his shop unhappy. Poorer, perhaps, but not unhappy [wink]

I've found Mike's personality... different. He doesn't take any BS, and small talk is not his specialty; but if you know what you want, he's very accommodating. I've never left his shop unhappy. Poorer, perhaps, but not unhappy [wink]

I bet Mike at TGS is ex Marine.

After talking to Mike on the phone I was a little worried about how he would be but once I got to the shop he was a good guy, I will be calling him as soon as my tax refund comes in.

If you have been shopping around and know your prices TGS's prices usually are the same or lower than most other shops. He's one of the three shops that we do business with. I'm happy we found out about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom