Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from Tite group sporting.

I bought 3 boxes of 9mm, and my dad got a signed ffl form from him. Mike was very friendly and nice. Also talked to my old man about the ruger sr9 which he had on the wall.

Great guy to do business with.

I just got back from Tite group sporting.

I bought 3 boxes of 9mm, and my dad got a signed ffl form from him. Mike was very friendly and nice. Also talked to my old man about the ruger sr9 which he had on the wall.

Great guy to do business with.

He's awesome. You get to shop, swap stories, then stop into GOAL. What more could you ask for?

I love Tite Group.

What do you mean he got a signed FFL from him and why?

It is common practice for an FFL to give out a signed copy so that a customer can send it along with payment for an out of state transfer. I get them all the time from Four Seasons, Tite Group, and Collectors.
What are you jealous your not gonna get the transfer fee? [rolleyes]

Mike gave me a signed copy and I transferred many toys to him that I purchased. He believes that a transfer shouldn't be all that difficult and makes it as simple as possible for his customers.
Just another reason why so many people here speak highly of him and keep going back to his shop. Mike is top notch to say the least.[rockon]

It is best to call before you head out there. Mike is a great guy, but his hours can vary a little bit.

Exactly. Call first.

Also, I think the gentleman from NSF was asking an innocent question. He was just trying to understand the statement. I like visiting Mike's operation too and he's certainly my favorite MA store. I too am hyper-vigilant about questions but I think we can assume that the question was genuine and simple inquiry. Afterall, NSF has a good rep around here too.[wink]

I think of Mike as more of a "friend in the business" than as a regular "gun shop". That fact that he's like a friend to everybody is awesome. But you're better off calling and letting him know what you need than expecting to go to his shop and browse.

Its a great small shop. Mike, the owner is a 35 year retired Army Sergeant Major. He has a phenomenal distributor network that he can get you almost anything you want within a day, no problem. Even better, he only charges 20% over his cost. Driving his costs well below those of his competitors. He has done a couple transfers for me, I have also bought a couple rifles and a few cases of ammo from him, well below other shops prices. He is a truly great guy and a friend, I drive about an hour and a half to visit it him, and its worth it. He's always a pleasure to work with, and the only place I will buy guns from in the future.

I'll give some more props to Mike here. He was able to get me the mags for my G30 without much fanfare, and at a lower price than every other dealer I normally use (that couldn't get them for me at all. ) .

FWIW those in the area seeking ammo should call him up and stop by if you're in the area- he is well stocked with ammo at present, and a lot of it is at pretty reasonable prices.

-Mike

+1 for Mike. I can't believe I've never gone in here before. It's very small (pretty much a closet) and selection is limited, BUT what he does have is fantastic. I'm trying not buy a .45 immediately, and barely got out without one.

Good prices on ammo, too. I think selection has been reduced somewhat, which is partially my fault.

Had a gun transferred through here this morning. The shop is little, but the owner (Mike) seems like a good guy. He's got a handful of guns in stock, and a decent supply of various ammo. It is more expensive than Dick's or Walmart, I'm not sure how it compares to other gun shops ($29 for 50 WWB .45). He had some 9mm makarov and 8mm in there, and seemed to be willing to order anything anyone wanted, whether ammo or firearm. The store is pretty easy to get to from 495, and is located right across the street from GOAL Headquarters.

Tite Group Sporting

I bought a gun there this afternoon. Nice little shop and the owner Mike was very nice and quite accommodating. His web site listings are out dated so I would call before going out there, (508) 393-8558. I'll be back to see
Mike again for sure.
-----------------
N.R.A.
G.O.A.L.
M.R.A.

Had a gun transferred through here this morning. The shop is little, but the owner (Mike) seems like a good guy. He's got a handful of guns in stock, and a decent supply of various ammo. It is more expensive than Dick's or Walmart, I'm not sure how it compares to other gun shops ($29 for 50 WWB .45). He had some 9mm makarov and 8mm in there, and seemed to be willing to order anything anyone wanted, whether ammo or firearm. The store is pretty easy to get to from 495, and is located right across the street from GOAL Headquarters.

Do you recall what they charge for doing a transfer?

I want to give Mike from Tite Group some props. I phoned him yesterday about ordering MA-compliant magazines for one of my firearms. I couldn't get to the store before closing yesterday. I stopped by at lunchtime today to talk to Mike and he already had the magazines ready for me and at a fair price. Mike is THE MAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom