Torn about doing business with the perceived enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I'm a little torn here about what I'm going to do. As most of you have probably read in the Bass Pro Shop thread, the owner of NET is accused of reporting on BPS as well as the possibility he may have had a hand in ruining out ability to buy ammo from outside the state.

The part I'm torn on is that the owner of NET has always been very helpful to me when I've been there. Whether it was giving me a great deal on reloading components or the significant discount he gave me one time on a rifle. Customer service was always good there. So that's the good part.

But on the reverse side is I'm not very happy at all concerning his hand in screwing over us gun owners as he's accused of in the BPS thread.

My quandry is that NET has something that I've been looking for at a price I'm happy with. This leaves me with a decision I'm having a hard time making. Do I get this item knowing the good service and price cut I've received in the past or do I pass because he's looking to make a profit at gun owners expense.

What would you do?

I'm a little torn here about what I'm going to do. As most of you have probably read in the Bass Pro Shop thread, the owner of NET is accused of reporting on BPS as well as the possibility he may have had a hand in ruining out ability to buy ammo from outside the state.

The part I'm torn on is that the owner of NET has always been very helpful to me when I've been there. Whether it was giving me a great deal on reloading components or the significant discount he gave me one time on a rifle. Customer service was always good there. So that's the good part.

But on the reverse side is I'm not very happy at all concerning his hand in screwing over us gun owners as he's accused of in the BPS thread.

My quandry is that NET has something that I've been looking for at a price I'm happy with. This leaves me with a decision I'm having a hard time making. Do I get this item knowing the good service and price cut I've received in the past or do I pass because he's looking to make a profit at gun owners expense.

What would you do?

I got screwed by Ford Motor Co. and Muzi Ford twenty five years ago. I have never bought
a Ford product again even though I loved the product. Can you guess what I would do? [smile]

That the owner of NET alerted "the authorities" to BPS' illegal sales (guns not on the AFR; forget the AG's regs) is a matter of record. That "the authorities" knew of these sales from other sources is highly likely.

The subsequent accusation of meeting with the AG to shut down mail-order/internet sales strains credulity. The likely instigation of that (besides the AG's innate hostility towards gun owners, of course) is the tv "Consumer Protection" reporter doing a big story on Sportsmans Guide selling weapons illegal in MA to MA residents and selling ammo w/o any attempt to confirm age or identity, still less whether the buyer was duly licensed.

So - let your moral quandary at least be confined to more realistic parameters.

As for the rest of the question: You have found a dealer who gives you excellent service and prices, presumably within a convenient drive.

How is that a problem?

If you have to ask us what to do, then I doubt you have any really serious convictions about this matter. So go buy the thing you want and don't worry about it. The sun will come up tomorrow.... honest!

That the owner of NET alerted "the authorities" to BPS' illegal sales (guns not on the AFR; forget the AG's regs) is a matter of record.

That would be more than enough to keep me shopping elsewhere. There are plenty of dealers with plenty of deals - great service and great guns and many have not endeavored to sleep with the enemy, (perceived or otherwise). Loyalty to those whom I serve is ingrained in what I do for a living, so it's just my way of thinking....

You're a good person and no matter what you decide, depicts is right - the sun will rise.

Last edited:
not me

I would not do business there again, ever.

We are spending monies as a group to fight the anti's and this
guy has what seems only greedy intentions.

JimB

I would rather hit my left testicle with a hammer than do business with that fat rat bastard!

If you have to ask us what to do, then I doubt you have any really serious convictions about this matter. So go buy the thing you want and don't worry about it. The sun will come up tomorrow.... honest!

Actually, it's the "serious convictions" that have me hesitating on this one. My problem is that I keep thinking about it from both sides.

Thanks MassMark for the kind words. Need to make the call in my head and then leave it alone.

JimB
Wealth of knowledge in so few words. I can't see how anyone who believes in the 2nd could put one foot in this guys store. What this guy did was purely for self gain. [angry]

Enemy

JimB
I wouldn`t take anything from him even if he was giving it away.

I wouldn't sell a piece of my soul just to save a few bucks. Give your business to a dealer that gives you service with a smile WITHOUT stabbing you in the back. Let this rat go down with his ship.

Yet that same demonic presence donated a gun to GOAL's latest raffle, organized and ran the action pistol matches at 2 clubs for years and created a dealers group to represent firearms interests.

How "anti" is that?

Yet that same demonic presence donated a gun to GOAL's latest raffle, organized and ran the action pistol matches at 2 clubs for years and created a dealers group to represent firearms interests.

How "anti" is that?
With the exception of the gun being donated{obvious damage control}everything you say has been posted before. These actions although nice are part of advertising and getting your name out among gun owners. Is calling the AG's office not once,BUT TWICE a good way to represent firearm interest or self interest? Just asking.[rolleyes][rolleyes]

I would rather hit my left testicle with a hammer than do business with that fat rat bastard!

As would I.

NET isn't an Anti, he's worse. A greedy, back-stabbing lowlife that has ZERO concern for anything outside of lining his pockets. I've seen the type before, and I avoid them. I'm "in the business" as some of you know. I do NOT rat on my competition, nor do I bad mouth them.

Yeah, I saw the comment that he donated a gun for a GOAL raffle, that's an "Attaboy". The action pistol match bit is good for 2 more, one for each year.

And just ONE "Aw $hit" wipes them away. His dislike of bass pro taking some of his sales from him is almost certainly his motive, and he wished revenge.

He got his revenge, let's see what it costs him.

Sorry for my ignorance - what does the acronym "NET" stand for?

I know about the Bass Pro thing - but am ill informed on NET.

Thanks

Gotta go with my gut on this one, and my gut tells me no way I'd buy from him. Ever.

I've occasionally come across a vendor (real life or internet) who goes out of their way to help, gives superlative service, etc. I'll pay a bit more to do business with them, to support them. I'd take this same logic in NET's direction - he did us a huge disservice. I don't care if he's 50% off, I wouldn't buy from him.

With the exception of the gun being donated{obvious damage control}everything you say has been posted before. These actions although nice are part of advertising and getting your name out among gun owners. Is calling the AG's office not once,BUT TWICE a good way to represent firearm interest or self interest? Just asking.[rolleyes][rolleyes]

You clearly know little of what you speak of. In point of fact, NET has been donating prizes to GOAL (and other clubs and organizations) for some time. So much for your claim of "damage control." [slap]

I don't recall whether the creation of the matches at two separate clubs was previously posted and it matters little if it was. There have been several new members added and many of those here don't read threads before posting on them.

Buy there or not; it's your call. But that call should be made on facts, not ill-informed rants; the complete record, not one action.

I wouldn't do business with him even if he had something I'd been looking for forever. The fact that you're having these thoughts shows that you know it's not right to buy from him.

Assuming it's a gun, how are you going to feel when you pull it out of the safe each time? If it's components as TypeO indicated, PM me, maybe there's another way.

Buy there or not; it's your call. But that call should be made on facts, not ill-informed rants; the complete record, not one action.
I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't let the words of one person turn me against another. I agree that wouldn't say much about me if I did that. If you remember one of the first BPS threads that came out regarding this Ted admitted and bragged about doing this himself. He told people here that belong to one of those clubs and his customers it was fact. That doesn't sound like a ill-informed rant to me. He has also admitted calling the AG on ammo mail order companies that were delivering to residents of MA. That would make the BPS incident his second action, not his first. I apologize if you think I insulted someone who you obviously think is a good person. I guess I have a hard time comprehending having the words "gun friendly" and his past actions in the same sentence.[cheers]

It's time for Ted to speak for himself. Perhaps he should be invited as guest speaker at the next NES get together, with the topic being "The dealer's role in the law enforcement process".

There are several people that are very upset with the owner of NET for known facts, of which, he has admitted to proudly. Just think how pissed off more people would be if they knew of many more of his antics.

Ok soo.. He donated a gun to the raffle. Spon. some shoots. (right?) Ok ,so that makes sticking a knife in the Ma. Gun Owner back...OK! [sad2]

I'm missing something here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom