Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Screenshot from the neighbor's Ring camera a few days ago.

He said he saw two bears, but only one showed up on the camera.

My house is about 100y away up the trail towards the top of the picture.

After the word went out via text around the neighborhood, another neighbor (further from me) checked his camera and also caught the bruin walking around
out in his field.

Not sure why we don't catch them here on our trail cams? They seem to avoid my property.

Garys bear 06.19.2023.png

Spent an hour in the front yard yesterday and came back today. I'm sure he dug through the builder's dumpster and then took a giant shit in my kitchen.

image638232901626813960.png

Not sure why we don't catch them here on our trail cams? They seem to avoid my property.
Not a trail camera photo, but while doing some maintenance out on the range the other day I noticed that something had tore this prop up.

Maybe the bear(s) that have been in the neighborhood recently?

I looked for tracks and claw marks, but saw nothing definitive.

range prop damage 06.21.2023.jpg

The mother of last year's twin fawns has had another baby.

View attachment 770701
One of the does had a set of triplets this year. Before she dropped them, she was huge!

I don't have a trail cam yet but here is a phone pic of them in my front yard...

Momma is somewhere close by…most likely resting [grin]

1690656599593.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it illegal to dump a pile of corn in front of a trail cam?
(No hunting)

What state? MA; it’s legal.

You are better off putting it in a feeder than tossing it on the ground. It keeps it dry. I use a simple PVC tube feeder. Mineral licks are great attractants, and supplements when antlers are growing and moms are nursing.

Here you can see my simple PVC feeder. A 6’ piece of PVC pipe, caps, and a 45. It holds about 5 gal of corn/pellets. I had to reinforce the bottom with a metal block as the damn squirrels chewed thru the PVC drain I had on the bottom.

The main attraction at the moment in this picture are the two mineral blocks.

42614092-C1-ED-4-D6-D-8-C5-D-639-A1-BEB695-D.jpg

What state? MA; it’s legal.

You are better off putting it in a feeder than tossing it on the ground. It keeps it dry. I use a simple PVC tube feeder. Mineral licks are great attractants, and supplements when antlers are growing and moms are nursing.

Here you can see my simple PVC feeder. A 6’ piece of PVC pipe, caps, and a 45. It holds about 5 gal of corn/pellets. I had to reinforce the bottom with a metal block as the damn squirrels chewed thru the PVC drain I had on the bottom.

The main attraction at the moment in this picture are the two mineral blocks.

42614092-C1-ED-4-D6-D-8-C5-D-639-A1-BEB695-D.jpg
To add, in MA it just has to be removed 10 days before it can be hunted:

Back
Top Bottom