• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WaPo: Why do Americans Own AR-15s

Me, when I build a new AR:

pardon-me-do-4m620y.jpg

But I'm more properly referred to as a swamp Yankee/Jucket

Ergonomic, accurate, reliable… can be aesthetically pleasing if you don’t bolt every accessory available onto them. What’s not to like about them?

Why is this guy famous?

View attachment 737969

But I'm more properly referred to as a swamp Yankee/Jucket
[rofl]"Jucket"

If swamp Yankees and Southern rednecks ever unite, there would be no stopping them.

angers liberals - 99%
because I can - 1%
Same answer here but in reverse. If I ever get asked by my few semi anti gun friends/family, I will answer if they are asking honestly and not trying to bait an argument.

My favorite answer is something like this: “tomorrow a law is passed. Every able bodied American adult must own an AR-15. No exceptions except felons, mentally defective or on rare case by case basis.”

I then say “I’m the judge deciding your case. Explain to me why you shouldn’t be able to own an AR-15.” This is where it gets fun because every argument they try can be shot down by a 10 year old.

. I have children in the house! “Buy a safe”

. I might lose my temper and kill someone! “Report immediately to the nearest mental hospital for a mandatory psychiatric evaluation and possible commitment. If lack of an AR-15 is the only thing keeping you from homicide, you don’t belong on the street.”

. I don’t know how to use one. “Show up next weekend at the local range and we will make you proficient in 2 days. Free of charge.”

I never let them get away with the “I’d kill someone!” argument, because of course they wouldn’t. Basically there is no reason they shouldn’t be capable of safely owning a gun, so it stands that the same logic applies to all of us.

I don’t know that I have changed any minds, but I know I’ve made some people think a little differently about it.

Politicians on both sides don’t want us to have them because it’s a threat to their power. Hardcore leftists hate AR-15s because they associate them with right wingers.

The average soccer mom suburban libtard however is usually just ignorant of how guns work and many are ho early scared for their kids. Statistics be damned, everyone should have some level of concern about school safety. Some of these people can be led to reason if you can get them outside their echo chambers and not just say “because I can! FU commie bitch!”

There is a time and place for that retort, but it shouldn’t be the default setting.

Back
Top Bottom