Well, post some military pics.

My Grandfather, circa 1900. After the Spanish American War the US took control of the Philippines and the Mora tribesmen resented swapping one colonial power for another and so began another war between these folks and the US occupation, He spent almost three years in action with US forces putting down the Mora rebellion. He contracted Malaria (who didn't) amd then returned to the US to be discharged. He was Irish born and he changed his name as he didn't want his parents to find out he joined the military as they hated the British and their Irish lackies who collaborated with the British to persecute the Irish citizenry.

Attachments

• G-Pa May(1).jpg
    G-Pa May(1).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I just came across this going through some old books. Nobody ever believes me and now I have the proof. My bunkie @ Parris Island back in 93 was James Bond. Wanna talk about pit session.
When I went to Nam with C Co, 3Rd Bn, 187th PIR in December of 1967 from Fort Campbell, our Company Commander was also named James Bond!

That time my Troop Commander and Squadron Commander saw their careers flash before their eyes. REFORGER 84.

i-Hk48XBk-L.jpg

Hummer on the ball !!

I don't have many, most were destroyed when my basement flooded years ago but here is one a friend of mine took of my first carrier landing as aircrew, 1976 on the USS Nimitz Med cruise. I have one somewhere of the same flight being hurled into the air off the catapult. I'll have to see if I can find it...

1644815050986.png

Back
Top Bottom