• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What’s with all the hype here for the Glock 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is you got lucky and found the village idiot. Congrats you raped a MA gun owner. Your a solid guy.

Generally i sell mine for what I bought them for.......

A) Because shooting a gun for a while and owning it for a year or two, and getting what you paid for it is a good deal to me. Ive sold some at much less than I paid because they sat unsold or went to a close friend.
B) Im not a douchebag that would rape a newbie MA gun owner, certainly would not rape a friend.
C) Its not that easy to sell a stock no night sights, no add ons glock for 800.....I'd have to bump it 700 times probably and I like to just sell my guns.

Am I leaving money on the table....possibly? See B....kinda where I'm at "brotato"

But, Lately...I don't think so. Everyone with a third grade education knows where to get a new off list pretty much.

I sold mine in under a week without a single bump. Pre COVID, but still. 800 went farther back then.

I take contention with any suggestion or notion that I ripped the guy off. We engaged in a lawful transaction where he got what he wanted and I got what I wanted. I offered a product at a price he was willing to pay. That's the free market. He was under no obligation to buy. If he felt it was worth his time and trouble to find it at a lower price somewhere else, he was free to do so. But that gentleman put a value on his time and fuel. And driving halfway across the state to go to the mill would have mitigated any cost savings. But you know there's that reality thing again. It can be a real b**** sometimes.

Sounds like some people here are upset with themselves that maybe they've sold some and didn't charge enough. I get it, some people don't like money I suppose. Me, I get what the market says an item is worth. I don't do favors for strangers that I've never met before or will again. Particularly when it involves taking cheddar out of my pocket.

You know that's not true. How about supporting that statement by posting a search string that will return some dealers who will do transfers of off roster handguns? I'll bet $100 that you can't. The search string would have to be something that would occur to a newbie with a reasonable effort. It took me a while and a lot of effort. But maybe I am dumb.

I think you all enjoy playing this smoke and daggers game. Participating in a borderline activity, then relishing that you do when others are baffled by it.
It's literally been posted in this thread. Hell, it's on this page of the thread - twice - so you don't have to go back very far. Do you want me to hold your hand down the steps and give you a ride there too?

It's literally been posted in this thread. Hell, it's on this page of the thread - twice - so you don't have to go back very far. Do you want me to hold your hand down the steps and give you a ride there too?
Yes it has. But look at how much they played with the mouse till someone got fed up and posted some reasonable information. I was merely refuting your claim that a quick search will return useful / usable information to a newbie. I know I found it fairly hard to figure it out when I first started.

For the love of GOD!!! Just got to F*cking Mill and take your pick. How much clearer can someone get. Hell, I don't even remember the name of the place I bought mine. Jeesus H Christ
And your price will vary by at least $200 on the same glock. Some at the mill play ass rape games on newbies. Some play the long game for customer relationships and fair prices. Be sure to price check and figure out who is who.

Come on now. You folks enjoy being asshats to newbies out here. You are being one yourself.
Yes, because they generally deserve it. Most of you people are the equivalent of a 10 year old who still asks their parents to help them wipe their ass after taking a shit. There are no secrets, you people are just lazy.

Yes, because they generally deserve it. Most of you people are the equivalent of a 10 year old who still asks their parents to help them wipe their ass after taking a shit. There are no secrets, you people are just lazy.

Dude... Come on man. There is being an ass..... then there is next level. You just reached next level.
How you going to claim someone you don't even know deserves to be treat like a dick by you and others cuz "they deserve it". WTF.

And to think that you're a moderator here. I could certainly see how such behavior from moderators here would encourage newbies to come to this forum and encourage NES to grow. Good on you I guess. Way to contribute!

Dick...

Last edited:
I better call up the attendant.

restroom-attendant-100-500x382.jpg

I was gong to start a thread on a G19 but figured here would be better. I have a Glock 19, love it, but was at one of my small mom and pop shops and saw another G19 for $350. The backstrap was dirty like it had spend its life in a truck door pocket but aside from that, clean as a whistle with zero sign of wear or use. Had a magpul mag, no OEM mag, but oh well, so I bought it and slapped a set of meprolites on it. Since I have two, I want to bedazzle this thing out for shits and giggles, range use. Theres nothing about the 19 I feel needs improving, I'm proficient with them, but what mods are useful, what mods are counter productive? I'm thinking of an aftermarket slide cut for an optic, lightened with a window or ported with a gold or copper colored barrel, again, something just for fun. I don't ever really get into what I call "Kool-Aide" guns but I've seen some that look pretty snazzy so figured why not.

Talon Grip wrap.

Dude... Come on man. There is being an ass..... then there is next level. You just reached next level.

I don't care.

How you going to claim someone you don't even know deserves to be treat like a dick by you and others cuz "they deserve it". WTF.
Because we see it every week on this forum, new "people" * who want to be spoon fed everything, expecting everything to be done for them, for free.... because they can't be bothered to do things like, use google, or deductive reasoning,
and then being sniveling and angry when someone decides they don't want to enable entitlement behavior anymore. 🤣

*i use this loosely because a lot of these are either weird gov/ngo sock puppets or previously banned users/retreads that show up just to create problems. So there's that, too.

Sounds like some people here are upset with themselves that maybe they've sold some and didn't charge enough. I get it, some people don't like money I suppose. Me, I get what the market says an item is worth. I don't do favors for strangers that I've never met before or will again. Particularly when it involves taking cheddar out of my pocket.

Oh yeah....REAL upset. Get a grip dude.

We all know by now that you would never do any favors for MA gun owners, that's obvious.

Some people can't see past their blinding capacity to be right. Peace out on this one.

Because we see it every week on this forum, new "people" * who want to be spoon fed everything, expecting everything to be done for them, for free.... because they can't be bothered to do things like, use google, or deductive reasoning,
How difficult is to understand that asking on here is a part of the doing "things like, use google, or deductive reasoning"? What do you think is the top result on Google when someone types in something like "getting an off-roster gun in MA"?

It's a public forum. With people who like guns. Who ought to know a lot. Yay. It seems logical to ask here. I'll get my answer in no time at all. It seems logical that this is the most efficient way to find what I need. Oh no. There are all jackasses here. Oh well, I'll find what I need with a bit more effort.

I would suggest that you just post a very visible sticky somewhere stating why you don't like to discuss such things on the forums and to expect some ragging or hostility if they ask anyways.

I would suggest that you just post a very visible sticky somewhere stating why you don't like to discuss such things on the forums and to expect some ragging or hostility if they ask anyways.
Might not be a bad idea to extend that olive branch.........thought there was one for not discussing ammo vendors already.

Even though both have been discussed made obvious in this thread anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom