• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you spending your tax return on?

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Try as I might I can never configure our taxes where it comes out close to zero. Normally we dump what we get back into whatever goal we are working towards in the moment. This time however I plan on getting myself some goodies.

1) Remington 870 (unsure what model)
2) Some firearm training classes
3) BJJ gym membership
4) Undetermined handgun

So what is NES spending the return of money stolen from them on?

My case is more like ... how long do I want to wait to send the check to the gov while the money is earning interest.

This. I can't remember the last time I received a check due to my overpaying the Gov and letting them use my money for free. The challenge is planning so you don't owe too much and get a penalty.

Refund? 😂 😂 😂 😂

I screwed up my last IRS Estimated Tax payment and paid it on 2024 taxes instead of 2023. Accountant said to either make another payment for 2023 estimate or call the IRS and have them move the payment to the correct year. Made the extra payment so I guess I'm ahead of the game in 2024 for a couple months. At least MA allows you to do pass through ELT payments from an S Corp instead of paying estimates to the DOR personally, it's a little easier/smoother.

We had to replace our Septic last summer so we are getting the MA tax break for the new install. Though that money is going to pay for the Equity Line we had to take out to pay for the new septic. No fun toys unfortunately

I should have known better starting this thread. :)
I'll answer your question seriously: spend it on skills rather than goods. So either BJJ or gun training.

For us it varies, sometimes we owe and sometimes we get some back. Whatever we get back goes into the house fund to cover planned improvements.

Try as I might I can never configure our taxes where it comes out close to zero. Normally we dump what we get back into whatever goal we are working towards in the moment. This time however I plan on getting myself some goodies.

1) Remington 870 (unsure what model)
2) Some firearm training classes
3) BJJ gym membership
4) Undetermined handgun

So what is NES spending the return of money stolen from them on?

Thoughts -

1. Marine Magnum or you take the L

2. Great idea!

3. What's the second J stand for and wow, I never knew there was a gym for that!

4. I'd look for a handgun with a little more motivation.

Me, I'm buying a tactical duck

. Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.23.30 AM.png

Don't you know you're a bad person if you can't calculate your withholdings to the exact Dollar owed?
My wife and I have been fortunate that our income has grown quite a bit continuously for the last 3 years, add in that we had a kid as well. Prior to that we were pretty close to 0.

I'll answer your question seriously: spend it on skills rather than goods. So either BJJ or gun training.

For us it varies, sometimes we owe and sometimes we get some back. Whatever we get back goes into the house fund to cover planned improvements.
The plan is to do both.

We will owe and it might not be good. All that bank interest I earned from 5% cash is likely gonna fund a check back to the gov't.

I need to put together a real estate Ponzi ala Robert Kyosaki.....where I can say "I don't pay taxes because I borrow ....MONEY!" que the Dr. Evil laugh.

We owe just under $500 dollars, so I am happy I did not give them an interest free loan, and I am paying with inflated dollars

If I get a return, never know because my business is still growing and income fluctuates, it will go towards:
Future ski house down payment fund
Household operating account
22lr PRS setup so I can afford to shoot more
New mountain bike
Climbing gear
Advanced dive course for one of my kids
Etc

Back
Top Bottom