• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you spending your tax return on?

I usually get a few hundred back, we will see. If so it will be going toward one of these bad-boys when I get to NC in June:

PSA AK-P Triangle Side Folding Pistol, Redwood

I end up paying in but this is getting harder to pass by….

Highly recommend I bought one here barely used...its a fun gun and better made than the old ones.

I just ordered a new boat kit for the newest grandson who was born just before Christmas.

It's a 38" model of a 1929 Christ Craft Commuter.

Same boat my Grandfather had back in the early 30's when he used to smuggle whiskey into Benton Harbor, Michigan back during prohibition.

I'm going to name her "100 Proof"

I just ordered a new boat kit for the newest grandson who was born just before Christmas.

It's a 38" model of a 1929 Christ Craft Commuter.

Same boat my Grandfather had back in the early 30's when he used to smuggle whiskey into Benton Harbor, Michigan back during prohibition.

I'm going to name her "100 Proof"
Now that is cool.

I don't get returns , I have no dependants , I am not married , and the government claims I earn more $$$ than i need.
Being married barely makes a difference.

I have the numbers from 2 or 3 years ago when my accountant did me a favor and calculated my taxes as if I were not married. Let me put it this way - I could pay the difference for the next 100 years and it would still be cheaper than a divorce. And that tiny amount I save in taxes dissapears thanks to a bunch of other expenses because I am married.

Why I always laugh when people use "taxes" as an argument in favor of marriage.

Last edited:
Being married barely makes a difference.

I have the numbers from 2 or 3 years ago when my accountant did me a favor and calculated my taxes as if I were not married. Let me put it this way - I could pay the difference for the next 100 years and it would still be cheaper than a divorce. And that tiny amount I save in taxes dissapesrs thanks to a bunch of other expenses because I am married.

Why I always laugh when people use "taxes" as an argument in favor of marriage.
I use nothing as an argument in favor of marriage

I have not seen a refund in ten years. Last year I really goofed and had to pay the penalty for owing them to much.
I claim zero and have them take out an extra $50 per week. But the house is paid off and only one kid is still at home
I am hoping to owe them less than $5k this year.
It sucks, but it is what it is.
Yeah....first time we really oopsed on it and I didn't know there was a penalty for that. Though...color me surprised.

Unfortunately I'll have to go back to maxxing the 401K's and probably not saving as much. Its the only way out without giving them my money.

I'm certainly not gonna have them take more out, and give it to them, I'm gonna put more into my 401K and give it to me to lower my taxable income.

We make to much to have additional IRA's to add to and use to writeoff. Can't do that.

I guess it doesnt really matter though...by the time I start dipping into my 401...the base tax rate will probably have been raised and I should have just paid it. Plus its in money jail for 5 years.

Honestly with the shit they talk about doing stuff with 401K......I do think it might be better to just pay the taxes now...keep the cash and diversify it into other things.

Last edited:
Not that this mattered on my refund as I don't plan for one but I generally get a little back. It will go to a new bow and a new rifle when I get around to it :)

Also will probably up my 401k contributions depending on how or if our next raise comes next month.

The Senior Circuit breaker credit helped tremendously this year. We’re thinking of an airbnb somewhere up in Maine

Hopefully a weeks worth of groceries… but I doubt it’ll go that far.

Even a subscription to the jelly of the month club might be questionable

We owe a few grand to Uncle Sam so nothing from my non-return.
But depending on my bonus next week the plan was SP5 and Tax Stamp but now my company is saying we may not be getting our usual bonus so ill have to wait and see..Might just be another AK for me.

We owe a few grand to Uncle Sam so nothing from my non-return.
But depending on my bonus next week the plan was SP5 and Tax Stamp but now my company is saying we may not be getting our usual bonus so ill have to wait and see..Might just be another AK for me.

Good thing you weren't planning on pool else you would receive only a Jelly of the month subscription.

Back
Top Bottom