What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Still demoing 1/2 the room

Started like this on Saturday
lWdiDW.jpg

And after deciding the sub floor was not worth redoing, ended up here a couple hours later today
44TKk8.jpg

Cranked out 500 rounds of .380. Finally moved that caliber off the turret press and onto a Dillon 550. I need to. I'm putting more ammo through my G42 in a month than I used to put through my LCP in a year.

Yeah, I just bought the caliber conversion for .380 for my 550b a few weeks ago. Loaded up about 200 rounds. All I have for .380 is my LCP and it's not the most fun gun I have to shoot. The 200 rounds should last a while. I keep looking at the Kimber .380's but I just can't seem to justify spending that kind of money on another.380.

I haven't loaded anything lately but I'm hoping to bang out some 45-70 this week or weekend.
Some nice 12 grains of Unique loads and some warm loads with H4198

I just ordered some of those green zombie powder coated 158 gr SWC's for my light 357 mag loads.

Last edited:
I've used the green zombie powder coated lucky13bullets 158gr swc, 9mm 125gr, 45acp 230gr.
I had my last batch of 9mm 125gr sized to .357 which I load for my 9mm and 38spl loads.

I've used the green zombie powder coated lucky13bullets 158gr swc, 9mm 125gr, 45acp 230gr.
I had my last batch of 9mm 125gr sized to .357 which I load for my 9mm and 38spl loads.

Nice. Glad to hear someone else has used them. Good idea on using same bullet for 9 and 38. They were back ordered but I'm in no rush to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

I've powder coated some myself and they very well. That stuff is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's right. I think I remember you talking about the powder coated bullets for 357 and 44 mag if I recall.

Loaded up 50 rds of .44 MAG 180gr XTP with 31gr of H110. Needed a thumper for some festivities tomorrow. Also loaded up some 230gr .45 ACP with 6.0gr of CFE Pistol. My first time using this powder, hope it goes well.

Last edited:
Loaded up 50 rds of .44 MAG 180gr XTP with 31gr of H110. Needed a thumper for some festivities tomorrow. Also loaded up some 230gr .45 ACP with 6.0gr of CFE Pistol. My first time using this powder, hope it goes well.

Nice! I've got about 50 of those XTPs left but I don't have any clean 44 brass at the moment. I feel Dana's pain haha.

Loaded up 200 rounds of 45acp LRN...230gr over 4.2gr of Red Dot. I've had these LRN's for about 18 years...finally loaded them up tonight. I also found about 300 200 gr LSWC that I bought around the same time. I'll probably load those up sometime this weekend .

My personal favorite load, my wife's least favorite lol! Report in how those 45 shoot, I almost bought a pound of CFE Pistol yesterday.

Nice! I've got about 50 of those XTPs left but I don't have any clean 44 brass at the moment. I feel Dana's pain haha.

It's a terrible feeling! I'm actually completely out of any brass except for some random 8MM and 7.62 X 54R. I have next month off so I'll have to do some catching up...

I'm hearing a lot about this powder. Has anybody used it with 9MM or .40S&W? What are your experiences and how does it compare to the powder you used to use? I'm using Titegroup right now and it is accurate and recoil is good at both 9MM minor and .40 major Power Factor for USPSA but it is very dirty. By the time I get to the end of a match (~150-170 rounds) even my front sight is coated !!!

Yeah, I just bought the caliber conversion for .380 for my 550b a few weeks ago. Loaded up about 200 rounds. All I have for .380 is my LCP and it's not the most fun gun I have to shoot. The 200 rounds should last a while. I keep looking at the Kimber .380's but I just can't seem to justify spending that kind of money on another.380.

The great thing about the .380 shell plate is that it also works for .223/5.56 and .300 Blk.

I've been loading all 3 lately on my 550 and all I have to change is the tool head.

Don

You know you're a hardcore reloader when your waiting patiently to receive of your CMP special grade M1 Garand, and you already have 200 rounds of -06 loaded up and waiting.... LOL

You know you're a hardcore reloader when your waiting patiently to receive of your CMP special grade M1 Garand, and you already have 200 rounds of -06 loaded up and waiting.... LOL

Only 200[rolleyes] I kid, what's are you running for a load.
My garands do well with almost any quality bullet. Although they don't need to be pushed to fast.
I can run as low as 38 grains of H4895 and get 100% function.
My groups are more consistent and just under 2moa in the 44-46 grain range of the popular M1 powders.

I loaded the last of 500 Xtreme 115 gr RN with 4.2 gr of Titegroup. All done with 115 gr bullets for good. Now I just need to use up the 1/4 pound of Titegroup.

I've got 8 pounds of Vihtavuori N320 that I'm using with Zero 125 gr JHP and Precision Delta 124 gr JHP bullets as my standard 9mm load now.

I spent 2 hours cleaning and organizing all my supplies and ammo last night. Everything is nice and neat now. How it should have been.

Started case prepping some .308 Win cases, any of you guys load for this? Keeping the bullets at 155-180gr range. 18.5" barrel 1:9 twist if that matters.

Did some inventory. Found my powder/bullet/primer ratios are a bit out of whack.

I did that earlier this week and noticed I didn't have enough 357 mag bullets for the amount of 2400 powder I had. My usual bullet vendor was closed yesterday and I need to call in the order.

Then I realized I didn't have enough H110 powder for the amount of LPPs I had for my 44 mag loads. Went to shooters outpost after work on Wednesday and grabbed a few pounds.

I don't have the storage nor the money to afford the amount of 9mm bullets to go along with the 8 pounds of Vihtavuori N320 powder I have. That's around 15k...I've got about 4,500 now lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom