What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I use a Dillon 550, and I'm constantly finding spent primers everywhere as well. Don't stress too much. :)
No stress in the reloading room.... the wife never goes in there. BTW, what is the issue with Enforcer and Federal SP mag primers? These are two things I was planning on pairing now that I finally have some 357 brass

Cleaned up the bench and surrounding area so I could put my " expansive" setup back to work.(think 6 Sq ft)
Prepped 200 cases and loaded 100 with the 125 grn RN that I cast and coated last month.
Between the cleaning up, organizing, setting up, dicking around with the press, and actually reloading, I managed to kill about 5 hours.
Yay me.

Cleaned up the bench and surrounding area so I could put my " expansive" setup back to work.(think 6 Sq ft)
Prepped 200 cases and loaded 100 with the 125 grn RN that I cast and coated last month.
Between the cleaning up, organizing, setting up, dicking around with the press, and actually reloading, I managed to kill about 5 hours.
Yay me.
Damn. I wish I could get 5 hours at the reloading room without the wife calling my name to do some damn thing. That would be heaven.

Damn. I wish I could get 5 hours at the reloading room without the wife calling my name to do some damn thing. That would be heaven.
I use this method: piss her off so she goes away, or busies herself to punish you.
In 35 years she hasn't caught on yet.😁
This is my last day off. Work shut down for the week between.
I'm ready to go back.🤪

I just "graduated" from the Lee classic turret to a rcbs turret my son got me for Christmas. So far I absolutely hate the priming system. Read my issues above. I liked the Lee turret but it wore out quickly. The rcbs I have feels like it'll last a lifetime compared to the lee......but the priming system is just f***ing awful.
Just did a little google and there is a thread on 1911 site about the spent primer issue. Somebody is supposedly selling a fix. As well there is an old thread about your priming problem here @ NES. He just did a little handle adjustment.

Hate to say it but there is always hand/bench priming. I am cosidering picking up a used single stage just for decapping just to take some pressure off the Lee because you are right, a tank it ain't. Maybe a separate decapping press would work for you if all else fails

I use an old single stage for decapping.
Keeps a lot of crap out of the presses.

Hand priming is the way to go if your press gives you fits. You'd be surprised how fast you can prime 400 cases.
I like the RCBS bench priming tool and use it for everything other than .223 and pistol cases...

See if you cast bullets you can do what @mac1911 does and pay yourself. You save $60 per K so you put that $60 in an ammo can and forget it’s there until you want a new CZ.

See what I made tonight. I had fun from start to finish. Made some sexy 9mm and saved money the whole time.
My wife likes it because it keeps me off the street.
Please don’t tell her that cocaine is cheaper. View attachment 702813
Its my powder and primer fund 90% of the time

I really want to get back into it, but the lack of availability of SPP is crimping my style. I have a whole plan for my room setup, but I don't need another source of frustration in my life. In the meantime, I'm getting into building 80% guns, but that only creates the need for lots of ammo...it's a vicious cycle.

I really want to get back into it, but the lack of availability of SPP is crimping my style. I have a whole plan for my room setup, but I don't need another source of frustration in my life. In the meantime, I'm getting into building 80% guns, but that only creates the need for lots of ammo...it's a vicious cycle.
I’ll send you a PM to avoid clogging up this thread but SPP are VERY easy to get right now. You just need to open up the wallet and dig deep

How fast will these launch out of a levergun, or at what velocity will the coating fail?

Barrel is a 20”, powder is IMR 4227.
Win spm

View attachment 705663
Depends if it's a marlin w the micro groves or a Henry, Winchester, Rossi etc. Out of a marlin you need to keep the velocity in check or leading could result. Out of a Ballard style 1400+ should be achievable. W that slow of a powder

Just did a little google and there is a thread on 1911 site about the spent primer issue. Somebody is supposedly selling a fix. As well there is an old thread about your priming problem here @ NES. He just did a little handle adjustment.

Hate to say it but there is always hand/bench priming. I am cosidering picking up a used single stage just for decapping just to take some pressure off the Lee because you are right, a tank it ain't. Maybe a separate decapping press would work for you if all else fails
Lee app and the universal decapping die

Did a quick search on this - part is 3d printed and is sold by the guy who designed it for $15.
Looks like it works well.

Back
Top Bottom