What did you do to your firearm today.

My engraved grips arrived today,and they look good.What do you guys think?View attachment 550065

giphy.gif

A while ago I had the bright idea of getting matching Dan Wesson 1911s one in .45 the other in 9mm. Today I determined that a 9 can fire in a .45. It is very soft shooting but accuracy is poor.

Wtf, How does the gun look? Glad you lived to tell about it.
I did that once in a class with a 40 in a 45 (with the instructor's permission) because someone said with 100% confidence that the gun would blow up to bits. It didn't, and that guy finally stopped talking.

I did that once in a class with a 40 in a 45 (with the instructor's permission) because someone said with 100% confidence that the gun would blow up to bits. It didn't, and that guy finally stopped talking.
There was a guy shooting single stack or cdp at a match at pioneer in the squad in front of me and the gun was giving him fits. I looked at his cases to be Mr Helpful and sure enough he's got all stretched out .40s.

I'm going to have to look into that. I usually pound a torx bit onto them if they are stubborn.

Plus one; going to add that to my toolbox.

I was shocked the first time I went to remove the grips on my S&W 1911 and the bushing came out with it. Very unpleasant surprise. I have a small bag of spare bushings now in my parts box.

My compact is an aluminum frame so I wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up. But either way it makes life easier and I was grabbing new screws and bushings from them anyways. It just sti ks you have to buy one for each bushing type. I wish they made a double sided one or something. 20190319_165324.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom