What did you do to your firearm today.

Mounted my new Holosun 507kx2 to my P365x. It could just be me but I think the reticle is canted. The Kusiak holster RDS cut seems overkill on the top but the leather on the side contacts the RDS just barely. Definitely concerned about printing.
20221023_132719.jpg20221023_132741.jpg
20221023_132808.jpg

Looks like it's twisted to the left a couple of degrees. Seems their QC is 1-3 degrees but this seems like more.

Don't have that issue with my HE version. Top and bottom hash marks are inline with one another and plumb. The left and right hash marks are level, and while the left hash mark can appear lower than the right (not in line) at times, adjusting my focus makes it go away (trick of astigmatism?).

I use circle with no dot by the way.

🐯

Did you have to fit the disconnector to the hole in the frame? What was the before and after pull weight? Did you tune the spring?
The disconnector fit fine but the sear was slightly wide for the frame. I used the same main spring and the original leaf so pull weight stayed around 4.5.

This slide returned today from being milled for optic mounting. DSC gunworks did the work. I put it in the mail last Monday, so that's 10 days total door to door. I had it cut for the Dawson Precision Optic system, the same as current production Staccato guns. This allows me to mount the Leopold DeltaPointPro directly to the slide without any plate, or any number of different optics with readily available plates from Dawson precision. I chose to go without a backup iron, but have the option to add it. I may just do a 3D printed slide in the back of the DPP thing from Galloway.

Attachments

• PXL_20221027_193721636 2.jpg
    PXL_20221027_193721636 2.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 24
I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to remove some scratches on my Dan Wesson 357 mag 8" stainless shroud. Bob (retired revolversmith at DW) told me “grey” scotchbrite or any fine. Just gave it light pressure and made several passes in one direction only.
This is why I love stainless guns and not blued guns 😂
Before:
21518314-A656-44ED-B24A-129FE24F784A.jpeg

After:
D4E81358-5961-4FC4-9600-BCB1B136143A.jpegEEA19793-ABD9-481A-BA53-A88F2F8570E8.jpeg4510346B-0778-45B8-8495-818FF3F00584.jpeg

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to remove some scratches on my Dan Wesson 357 mag 8" stainless shroud. Bob (retired revolversmith at DW) told me “grey” scotchbrite or any fine. Just gave it light pressure and made several passes in one direction only.
This is why I love stainless guns and not blued guns 😂
Before:
View attachment 682989

After:
View attachment 682990View attachment 682991View attachment 682992
Nice!

By the way, "UFN" = ultra-fine. Grey is made with silicon carbide abrasive (S = silicon carbide).

I'd recommend the ultra-fine rather than fine, which would make deeper, coarser scratches. Yours looks bueno.

Nice!

By the way, "UFN" = ultra-fine. Grey is made with silicon carbide abrasive (S = silicon carbide).

I'd recommend the ultra-fine rather than fine, which would make deeper, coarser scratches. Yours looks bueno.
Ohhh shit. He didn’t specify silicon carbide or aluminum oxide (another option). Hmmm.
After looking at this chart it appears I should have used the AO version (7446 on chart)

Ohhh shit. He didn’t specify silicon carbide or aluminum oxide (another option). Hmmm.
After looking at this chart it appears I should have used the AO version (7446 on chart)
Silicon carbide is a little sharper and more friable. Also harder than A/O. Looks ok to me as is but since you only used ultra-fine, you could re-do with the A/O if you want. I'd leave it alone unless it doesn't look right to you.

Trying my hand at fitting a new barrel on my ‘83 FN Hi-Power. Was getting very wild groups even at close range with the original barrel, so I snagged an inexpensive Brownells barrel to work on. Patience, precise measurements and little adjustments. We’ll see how it goes at the range…

Attachments

• 9FC82733-6617-410B-B09F-3AE885F86B11.jpeg
    9FC82733-6617-410B-B09F-3AE885F86B11.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 8
Over the weekend I did some work on my Ruger PC Carbine.

1. Installed Tandemkross Shock Block - this is a replacement "bumper" for the bolt. It is supposed to eliminate "bolt battering". I replaced it mostly because I was going to be in there and it wasn't that much money.
2. Installed Tandemkross Victory Trigger - Skeletonized flat faced trigger. Reduces pre-travel. Post-travel adjustment.
3. Installed Volquartsen Target Hammer Kit - Replace hammer, hammer bushings and trigger reset spring and plunger. This will reduce trigger pull.

Stock trigger pull averaged 5 lb. 7.0 oz. That was 15 pulls using a Wheeler Electronic Gauge.
Trigger pull after was 2 lb. 5.5 oz. That was 10 pulls using the same trigger gauge.
Trigger is crisp with much less pre-travle. Reset is consistent and short.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but for $120 of parts and maybe an hours worth of work I would say it is a good upgrade.

Last edited:
Range day today: punched paper on the 25 yard range at NFGA. From left:

PBNJ needs work. When it shoots it's a tack driver, but it's got the same double feed issues it's little sister far right had. Gotta pull it apart and go over it again.

The impulse buy G35 is amazing. Nothing else to say on this, other than that I can't believe I waited this long to get one.

The 940SC is rehabilitated: 98% reliable now, she's rocking hard with an OEM trigger housing, 336 ejector and Wilson trigger, spring and connector. And man, that Wilson trigger is suh-weet!

Attachments

• 20230115_165816.jpg
    20230115_165816.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom