What is the worst Firearm you have shot?

as long as the bolt carrier and bolt can move its going to fire.
the AK can take ridiculous amounts of shit jammed into it before it fails, were the M16/M4 will fail much, much faster.

When I was 18 I bought a NEF 10 gauge from a buddy who was short on cash. All I could find at the local shop were Super XX Magnums to feed it. Holy Schnikees! That thing hurt! Wish I had kept it though as I'm a lot heavier now and used to more recoil.

I dont like anything glock, I shot a friends once and hated it. I will jump on the .40 S&W haters club but I hate 357 SIG more.

As far as surplus guns go the only one I dislike is the MAS 36, I hate the dumb looking bolt and while I never shot one the one I handled sucked. I also dislike guns that were dropped [rofl].

As far as not liking the AK-47 I dont love it but I dont hate it either.

And for people who dont like m44s I say man up and take a little recoil I mean I am 14 and I shoot both my m44s with heavy ball all the time.

Messiah talk aside, the Garand is one fine piece of weaponry. Now to go about adding one to my safe.[smile]

$445 to $600, plus $23 shipping from CMP. ODCMP.com

You need to belong to an affiliated organization (GOAL qualifies) and show proof of marksmanship training (CCW permit qualifies, as does other things).

Bring it with a bunch of ammo to an Appleseed, and we'll even teach you how to shoot it well.

There was a .40 caliber glock that was I believe a compact model, it wasn't full size. A gentlemen at the range offered to let me shoot it after I let him shoot my 1911. I obliged because I had never shot a plastic gun before and I was admittedly curious. I thought the trigger was horrible, the grip angle was tragic, the width of the grip was horrendous, the recoil was brutal, and the accuracy was disgusting. Other than that everything was fine.

Thompson/Center Contender, 10" barrel, 30-30 Win., with 150gr factory ammo.

My thumb hurts just typing about that pig. With handloaded 110gr it was fun, kind of. Accurate, lots of recoil, lots of flash. Burned a lot of powder in that big case for that tiny bullet.

With Remington 150gr hunting loads,though - I'd rather shoot Eddie's 700gr loads all day that ever pull that trigger again. By the third shot, I'd have a sharp pain running up my forearm from my thumb. I managed to sucker several random passersby at the range to finish up the box for me, so I could use the brass.

That barrel went away fast, replaced by a 22, 357 and 44 barrel. More fun, less painful.

Beretta 92FS/M9 or the Astra A-80; issued the first, and owned the 2nd. Both suck.

Generally dislike most DA/SA double-stack autos; but the M9 & A-80 were the worst.

Handgun? CZ40P.. jamomatic, sent it back to the factory first day that I shot it, Finally, traded it in with some other stuff, for a Springfield TRP. Traded in my 386 PD Airlite, nice carry revolver but extemely difficult to train with in .357

The ruger mini 30 sucked for me..too small!

para82nd.jpg

Mosin nagant m44, or 91/30.
The recoil is insane, and I don't know how they used them as sniper rifles without anticipating the flinch.

All things are relative, I guess. I'd say mosins are "brisk" but on a sliding scale I think they are a couple of notches below many 12 g shotgun loads.

The most "insane" rifle I ever fired was a Remington? bolt action .375 H+H Magnum with a lightweight synthetic stock. Gun must not have been more than 7 pounds, tops. If you hold the thing correctly (and use the right stance) though, it really wasn't that bad- you just had to be prepared for the fact that when you pulled the trigger that the gun was going to swing a bit and move your whole body. [laugh] I fired it twice, and on the 2nd time, I actually hit a bowling pin hanging from a rope at 50 yards with the irons that were on it. The experience was pretty intense but my shoulder actually didn't hurt at all. I'm sure a box of 20 though would probably leave
one as a hurt pup at the end of that.

-Mike

Mosin nagant m44, or 91/30.
The recoil is insane, and I don't know how they used them as sniper rifles without anticipating the flinch.

Have you seen pictures of what the Russians wore as far as coats? Recoil to them must have been equivalent to us shooting a 10/22 in t-shirts.[laugh]

.25acp Raven I had in the service. I was stationed in a BAAAD section of Atlanta and they made me turn in my 1911 at the end of shift. So, $39.95 got me the gun, a holster and 25 rounds at the local pawn shop.

Pull the trigger and it may or may not go bang. Same thing when you jacked in a round.
Same thing when you put on the safety.

And I carried it hot all the time on the MARTA system. I have since learned a thing or two.

I have read every post to see if anyone mentioned the Raven .25acp
I paid 50 bucks for mine... first gun I bought... money was tight.
What a POS. Dry fired it once and the firing pin broke, heck the firing pins broke if you looked at them the wrong way. And you wouldn't know it till you went to make it go boom and it went HUH? .

I was at the local gun shop this spring and jokingly asked if he had a firing pin for one... and he did. I gave the gun to a buddy of mine in 1992, and the first time he took it to the range the pin broke. Now he has a new one with my compliments.

Massad Ayoob wrote that a 25 was a nice thing to have when you don't have a gun. He must have based his opinion on a Raven .25

Worst of the worst to simply bad:

1. Llama 1911 clone in 9mm I think
2. Grendel .380
3. Charter Arms .38
4. Para Warthog
5. 2nd Generation Glock 20 (the only one on this list that I actually owned)

Chris

Walther P-22. jams, FTF, FTE. Inaccurate.
Mossberg Pinkstah. Misfeed every other round. Pain to clean and load.
Charter arms 357. Broke 3 times, cylinder wouldnt rotate. Replaced with a 44 special which is great (and I am selling, wouldncha know)

-Al

Definitely my dads old Jennings .22 pocket pistol. Thing would do more damage if thrown at the target. I call it the noisy cricket! I could make a more impressive firearm from spent brass shells and pocket watches!!

642 with laser sights. Your never won't miss the target but it's hard to shoot an eye out!

A rental SW1911 from S&W in Springfield.

The thing jammed at least twice per magazine, and just when I thought it was getting better, the gun entered burst mode.

This experience turned me off of S&W for years. You'd think the salesfolks would want to keep their rentals functional in their own store.

A rental SW1911 from S&W in Springfield.

The thing jammed at least twice per magazine, and just when I thought it was getting better, the gun entered burst mode.

This experience turned me off of S&W for years. You'd think the salesfolks would want to keep their rentals functional in their own store.

Did you bother to tell anyone that the gun was malfunctioning, or did you suffer in silence? [laugh]

-Mike

I couldn't have answered this until today. Yesterday I shot Clinotus's pistol grip pump Mossberg with slugs and because I hadn't ever shot that firearm with that load, I didn't really know what to expect. Frankly, I found no joy. Oh, sure, I really appreciate Clinotus letting me try it out, and I can definitely see how someone could find that a comforting home defense weapon, but as for the simple joy of shooting in a target setting....

None.

Please don't take this a swipe my friend it's just an all business piece.

I couldn't have answered this until today. Yesterday I shot Clinotus's pistol grip pump Mossberg with slugs and because I hadn't ever shot that firearm with that load, I didn't really know what to expect. Frankly, I found no joy. Oh, sure, I really appreciate Clinotus letting me try it out, and I can definitely see how someone could find that a comforting home defense weapon, but as for the simple joy of shooting in a target setting....

None.

Please don't take this a swipe my friend it's just an all business piece.

I agree, my friend has one I have shot. Its cool to put a couple slugs down range and thats it. Even then my wrist hurts. I would still like to get the marine version though.

Like you said its all business.

I had something similar happen to me at S&W when I used a rental. I used let the range officer know the problem, he looked at the pistol and agreed. Multiple stovepipes/FTE because it was so filthy and caked with carbon. Took it back thru the 'drive thru' window and replaced it with another gun. Replacement rental (filthy none the less but at least worked) came with an additional box of ammo and targets.

*Edited to be on topic- I never did have a POS. Most of the issues incurred by me were solved by either cleaning the gun or switching the brand of ammo.

Last edited:
PPK. My hands are too big, I was cut to pieces. I cried for days realizing that my chances of being the next James Bond had just been shattered by a cruel European weapons manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom