• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What kind of fanboy are you?

Whiskeywon

NES Member
Mostly joking because true fanboys are cancer who think their gun is the end-all, be-all and that other manufacturers should go home. Especially given that every company seems to have its baggage. (Remington just needs to go out of business) That doesn't mean you cannot be proud of what you have and enjoy it. But seriously, interested in why some of you lean the way you do for particular brands of handgun or rifle.
I feel like as long as your rifle is above a certain quality it turns into preferred tastes and it's honestly all more of the same marketed as different.
I like a lot of HK products despite the fact they are generally overpriced (being imported), hate us and never listen to their consumer market. I like Sig as well, but they are a coin flip as to whether or not their modern products (despite always being worked out) are going to be a dumpster fire. As I eye the 365... I enjoy S&W products and their customer service, but they have secondary agenda nonsense that has come out over the years. Glock has a great product that is proven and first commercially successful product family of its kind, but true product improvement has seen to gone over Gaston Glock's forehead. General gist of my feelings are if you make a good product, I'll appreciate it and more than likely pick it up.
Lately I've been on the CZ rifle train with the CZ Bren & the 550 in 30-06 and handguns have been S&W with a 1911ta and 327PC with long terms being VP9 and my 226. Let's here about you recent favorites and long terms and why.

I’m a Glock fanboy, though I think if I lived outside MA and could get standard capacity magazines for any pistol that may change.

In reality smith, Springfield and sig are all basically the same I think.

Recent favorite has been my Kimber Custom TLE. Why? It's refreshing to not be shooting a Glock every week. It's odd yet funny to be shooting a Kimber and not having any of the issues the rest of the internet claims to have.

Long term favorite is Glock. Why? It was the first handgun I bought and preban mags are available. My Gen4 G19 has to be getting close to 6k rounds through three years with no parts being replaced aside from sights.

Future? If I end up not getting the Kimber Custom Pro TLE/RL II, I'll be looking into either the CZ P10c/P09 or the M&P 2.0c. It may come down to the trigger since both the P10C and 2.0c seem good overall.

Women. I like women.
I think we could all (maybe only mostly?) get behind that here!
Future? If I end up not getting the Kimber Custom Pro TLE/RL II, I'll be looking into either the CZ P10c/P09 or the M&P 2.0c. It may come down to the trigger since both the P10C and 2.0c seem good overall.
I haven't really had any experience with Kimber, but they seem pretty nice? put a couple mags through a friend's Kimber Carry Pro and ran well enough. My future includes a couple of surplus rifles. Want a Type 44 Arisaka and a '03A4 at the moment

I haven't really had any experience with Kimber, but they seem pretty nice? put a couple mags through a friend's Kimber Carry Pro and ran well enough. My future includes a couple of surplus rifles. Want a Type 44 Arisaka and a '03A4 at the moment

I've got a little less than 1k through mine using Wilson Combat mags with no issue. Before I bought it I was set on a Springfield Operator TRP. I turned away from it after the BS in Illinois; I'll buy a Kimber Warrior when I want to scratch that itch instead. Sig makes pretty good 1911s though.

My buddy brings out a sporterized British 303 rifle on "rifle day". It's fun to shoot.

I like Sigs (the metal ones) due to their heft, accuracy and shoot-ability. And their school-bus size slide makes they very easy to manipulate quickly for speed shooting.

iu

I like Military Surplus. U.S. Military Surplus.
Why? Why the Hell not? [smile]

Oh, and revolvers. Lots of revolvers...
You aren't offending me with that, that's for sure. Have an M1 and a '84 trapdoor, want a carbine and want a 1917 (loved the hell out of the Winchester I got to shoot). Honestly want all of them though, be greedy, it is what it is. Though for why would anybody want US Military Surplus rifles? Because if you don't you're clearly communist and hate America. And as said above, really into my 327, though I do need to get more into revolvers... only got one. edit: reposted to add quote from sigfan.
I like Sigs (the metal ones) due to their heft, accuracy and shoot-ability. And their school-bus size slide makes they very easy to manipulate quickly for speed shooting.
This, didn't really like the 320 nearly as much as the VP9 or Glock 19, but the 226, and my 226 SAO are amazing handguns that just feel natural. Had a 229 in .357 sig for a bit, but sold it to free up funds.

I'm not sure if you're saying that to my post, since I reposted or to your post [rofl]
Because given your name and your sig one might almost surmise you're a fan of the M1... Almost feel like I need to ship you an extra shirt of this.
440_des_-_garand_-_w_1024x1024.jpg

I am a gun fanboy, and do not discriminate.....big guns, small guns, shiny guns.

It does not matter. Like them all.
That was kind of the general theme of my first message too. You make a good product I'll love it. You make a bad product, I'll still love it, but it'll just be a love to insult.

"I'm not sure if you're saying that to my post, since I reposted or to your post [rofl]"

No, Cpt. Obvious was for sigfanboy13 who posted:
I like Sigs
in a thread titled: "What kind of fan boy are you" and was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...

Ooooh, haha, well, I thought the same thing for him too, but made me laugh when you posted it because I thought the same thing with US Milsurps in reference to you.
I like Military Surplus. U.S. Military Surplus.

I like Sigs
Well, children what did we learn today? Enbloc likes US milsurp firearms and Sigfanboy well... likes sigs. At least he's honest about where his love is I suppose. Dare I go as far as to infer what M1911 prefers for firearms?

I guess the closest thing I get to fanboy territory is for the M1 Garand. I tend to like old stuff and it looks old without looking beat up. Heavy, wood and steel, smells good, (lol), has a good amount of history associated with it, the "PING". If I could only keep one rifle it would have to be the AR for other reasons, but if I could keep two, the Garand would be the other.

I like hunting shotguns. I don't consider myself a Fudd, but I am a bird hunter and field shotguns interest me more than anything else for whatever reason

I like vintage, Emerson steel blade fans with guards that babies can crawl through.
You know, you got me excited for a moment. I thought this was going to be a good knife post or something and I had to go and finish the sentence.
I like hunting shotguns. I don't consider myself a Fudd, but I am a bird hunter and field shotguns interest me more than anything else for whatever reason
I've been toying with the idea of getting a Taylor & Company 1887 for the last couple months. Beyond that don't have much experience with shotguns outside of 1897, the 500/590 and the 870. Something I'll probably do later in life, but for the moment just isn't what I've been doing.
Currently Magpul.
Just for mags? Furniture?

Last edited:
I can honestly say I have no favorites. If a gun is reliable and I can shoot it well, I'm happy. I try to rotate through every gun I have in the course of a year even if I only shoot 20 or 30 rounds through it (I do shoot much more through carry/HD guns). While that doesn't sound like much of a range session, it assures me that the gun is still operating properly and I can still hit what I'm aiming at.

Unfortunately, over the last few years, the arthritis in my wrists has been getting steadily worse and more painful, the time is approaching when I will probably be shooting only rifles from the bench and I might even need help setting them up and charging the semi's or pulling the bolts back! [laugh]

i'm a fanboy of:
-Glock because they just work
-HK because they look down on me for being .civ and I can't help but like it
-Ruger because while their QC is meh, their CS is fantastic
-Faxon and BCM...all their stuff just tickles my feather

definitely NOT a fanboy of:
-S&W, no just no.
-Keltec, vomit. my RFB i still there.
-Sig. since when is being drop-safe considered an upgrade?

Just for mags? Furniture?

Furniture mostly although I have plans to buy 5 closeout color mags next week. Hell I just clamped a new in box rear flip sight and it was damn well zeroed. I know its hard to pay good money for a little plastic but the overall design, fit, and finish are top notch.

Back
Top Bottom