• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What kind of fanboy are you?

I’m a fanboy of two.

US Milsurp rifles

Old Mossberg .22 rifles. I have a bunch. I used to buy them at less than $100. I can still find them for under $200 here and there.

My most favorite is a model 35B made in 1938 with a Mossberg scoped on it. I can shoot a golf all at 100 yards all day long and almost never miss it.

Les Baer 1911. I appreciate both fine craftsmanship, and utilitarianism.
JP Rifles. Again, craftsmanship, and incredible CS.
Walther PPQ. Nearly everything perfect in a poly pistol. (Plastic sights, but I can live with changing those out, no sight pusher needed, smartly designed)
HK pistols. Nailed ergo's and the fact that they're an engineering firm first.

just an observation.....I love going out to grab some food with my fanboy shooting buddies after a day at the range. they always start to argue the case of their favorites at the moment. the lay people sitting around us have no clue what they're shouting over each other about but they pick up key words and I enjoy the reactions from the other tables. eye rolls, raised eyebrows, the wispers. god bless fanboys, they make my life interesting.

Beretta, Beretta, Beretta
The 92 series is like a Sig 226 but done better.
Screenshot_20180701-074207_Instagram.jpg
BNFVWGTgjRS

It doesn't matter what I'm a fan boy of.

What matters is what somebody else is a fan boy of, so that I can ridicule them.

LOL! I was thinking I'm really not a fanboy of anything either, other than having lots of choices in the safe.

I do find fanbois totally f-ing obnoxious, like all the Glock fags on the forum. Great utility handgun that's cheap outside of MA & exactly what I'll toss in the truck once I leave the PRM. I have several and consider them to be in a similar category as the old, cheap beater knife that you use to break down a pile of dirty boxes. They have the world's worst trigger- not even close to as good as a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun or a $5 airsoft pistol. In fact if I bought an airsoft pistol with a trigger that felt like a Glock trigger, I'd send it back for a refund.

[devil]

Apparently Leupold. Every time I try to buy glass, no matter what deals I find, no matter how much I can justify buying something else, I always end up with a Leupold showing up at my door.

I tried to buy a low end Vortex for the cheap upper I just got, somehow a Leupold VX-R Patrol and a Leupold Mark 2 30mm IMS mount showed up at my door yesterday.

20180630_194029.jpg

It doesn't matter what I'm a fan boy of.

What matters is what somebody else is a fan boy of, so that I can ridicule them.
Yes it does! I need the ammo obviously so that I may as well. But not really (unless you fanboy something really terrible like any modern Remington handgun.) I have a buddy who swears up and down that his RP9 is completely on the level and I get a good laugh every time. I'd rather have a hipoint for what it's worth.

Apparently Leupold. Every time I try to buy glass, no matter what deals I find, no matter how much I can justify buying something else, I always end up with a Leupold showing up at my door.

I tried to buy a low end Vortex for the cheap upper I just got, somehow a Leupold VX-R Patrol and a Leupold Mark 2 30mm IMS mount showed up at my door yesterday.

View attachment 238612
There we go. A boat I'm in. I recently got the LCO/DEVO combo (got a really good price) to try out and honestly love the dot especially compared to Eotech. And the fixed 6x Has grown on me.
Nothing can beat
high quality
Durability
Customer Service and warranty
Though prices range from competitive to expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Guns that work
Military Arms Channel

The more I think about it, its more often the case of firearms or brands that I hate becuase of personal experience.

Last edited:
Vintage rifles and shotguns. Nostalgic shit, like Savage 99, Rem 760, Marlin and Winchester levers, M1 Garand, old school working man guns that pretty much aren't made that way anymore.

I'm not a fudd....I own plenty of black guns and glockish type stuff. I just like stuff that was around in my father's day.

How you liking the CX4? Been eyeballing them for a while to blast at plates at the range but was kinda turned off by all the plastic.
I liken the quality to Glock for a polymer gun. Fit and finish are similar, easy to disassemble, convert between left or right hand, and clean. Trigger leaves much to be desired but I have plenty of 92 mags and it reliably goes boom when the trigger is pulled.

I drink Glock kool-aide... It's just simple and I can focus on what is important. Shooting. Quite honestly, if you can't pick up a stock Glock (or other standard polymer striker fired pistol) and put together a 50 yard group, you probably shouldn't be spending any more money on pistols.

I'm sure at this point in my shooting life, I could get some performance gains by making some changes, but #shrug

I drink Glock kool-aide... It's just simple and I can focus on what is important. Shooting. Quite honestly, if you can't pick up a stock Glock (or other standard polymer striker fired pistol) and put together a 50 yard group, you probably shouldn't be spending any more money on pistols.

I'm sure at this point in my shooting life, I could get some performance gains by making some changes, but #shrug
Try a compensator on your Glock :D

Or a potted barrel, or long slide :D

Back
Top Bottom