• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who knew that gun owners were such warriors for gun control.

But the NES consensus is apparently that gun rights wouldn’t be affected by an absence of the NRA. I don’t know.
yep, exactly. and they are the same people who "have to work" whenever there's a statehouse rally on a hearing day. i don't know who they think is doing the work.

The NRA's primary usefulness at this point is to serve as a boogeyman for the left. Their revenue has been on the decline for years. Membership is lagging. Legal costs are rising. They've never done all that much good for those of us in MA anyway. They are not the behemoth that the media and the left make them out to be, yet they continue to blow money on all sorts of silly shit.

They fear polling more than the NRA, and current polling is trending in favor of gun rights. It makes you wonder how much the NRA is actually helping on that front, vs getting in the way.

The NRA's primary usefulness at this point is to serve as a boogeyman for the left. Their revenue has been on the decline for years. Membership is lagging. Legal costs are rising. They've never done all that much good for those of us in MA anyway. They are not the behemoth that the media and the left make them out to be, yet they continue to blow money on all sorts of silly shit.
I have libtard family members that talk about the NRA and I just laugh and say I don’t support them either. I’m an FPC guy. All the rights all the time.

Attended a class last week, and the instructor was bad-mouthing the NRA. He seemed happy that the NRA was having financial problems, and other organizations were stepping in to take over the fight. Apparently, gun owners were not renewing memberships, and not donating money. That coupled with the attacks on the organization by progressive politicians and judiciaries, was causing staff layoffs, reductions in lobbying services, and cutbacks in political donations.

I understand that the NRA has been badly managed, and organization leadership have lived high off the hog using member's dues.

But without the NRA, there would not be a second amendment.

They are solely responsible for organizing gun owners into a potent, political force, and keeping politicians from undermining our rights.

It's true. We need to do a housecleaning at the NRA, and install leaders who are fiscally prudent, and not focused on booking luxury perks for execs.

But every time we attack the NRA, we are going the dirty work of evil progressives, who want us disarmed.

We are facing unprecedented attacks on our second amendment rights. Thanks to Republican incompetence and laziness, we have allowed Marxists to infiltrate our culture, and they have been busy indoctrinating generations into progressive thinking. Those kids grow up to vote far left.

We need every group to fight to preserve our rights. Undermining the NRA is just harming ourselves.
But without the NRA, there would not be a second amendment. [rofl] [rofl] [rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

About which part?

This was the most recent poll I saw and was referring to: https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/documents/monmouthpoll_us_042423.pdf/

That poll found 49 percent of Americans opposed a ban on the sale of assault weapons while 46 percent supported one, and six percent were unsure. That marks a nine-point decline in support and a seven-point increase in opposition since Monmouth asked the same question in June 2022.

I know it means almost nothing, and there's still plenty of support for all sorts of infringements, but I stand by that most politicians fear bad polling more than they fear the NRA. Why would they care at all about the NRA?

Hopefully the Board (even the Wayne lap dogs) will get the message as members head towards the exit door.
The NRA has lost its purpose and abandoned its mission.
The board lap dogs are fat and happy, like Wayne, but if the bucks go away they may as well.

I don't think they care as long as the money lasts for their lifetimes. Which invites comparison to many members of Congress.

yep, exactly. and they are the same people who "have to work" whenever there's a statehouse rally on a hearing day. i don't know who they think is doing the work.
Going to work is a lot more productive than wasting time at the statehouse, at least in MA.

Start trucking people from out of state to make it look like we have a lot of support?

Then Maura can get the SPLC to call NES a hate group.

MOST?
In over 30 years of combined club memberships Harvard was the only club out of 7 that required it and that was removed some time back.
A former friend of mine is a Democrat Fudd. He brags that he was responsible for doing away with the requirement to have an NRA membership to join the club in Warren, RI.

He gets credit for eliminating membership to a “terrorist” organization and the members don’t have to pay dues for an organization that doesn’t support gun rights enough. Everyone wins!

When I joined Taunton years ago, they required membership to the NRA or GOAL. GOAL for the win!

MOST?
In over 30 years of combined club memberships Harvard was the only club out of 7 that required it and that was removed some time back.
This. I think I only joined one club that required it and it was only for the initial application, never asked for it during renewals, so I took the $30 or so as part of the application fee.

Another club let me do GOAL, so that was a win.

This. I think I only joined one club that required it and it was only for the initial application, never asked for it during renewals, so I took the $30 or so as part of the application fee.

My club is like this as well. NRA required for first time applications.

They require GOAL memberships which is great. I wish they would add at least a mandatory $25 donation to Comm2a. Obviously donating more would be better.

Or remove/replace the NRA requirement with Comm2a

Comm2A, GOAL, SAF, FPC, GOA all have better recent track records than the NRA in litigating 2A cases.The NRA likes to claim credit in cases where they had minimal input other than donating some money.

They used to be more active in litigating cases, but the past few years they have damaged their brand.

They need to restructure and change their leadership. That's why other than in a very few cases I never vote for incumbent board members. It's been a Wayne LaPierre fan club and the members are supposed to pay for their junkets.

When I was on the BOD and a batch of new members were in front of us one of my questions was this club does not require NRA or any other membership I would ask are you a member of any organization that supports your hobby.
We had people joining for the pond or archery in addition and not for the shooting disciplines. I felt it was a fair question nobody bitched that I’m aware of and wouldn’t have cared anyway.

I'm saying gun laws are racist
Worse yet, antis are racist. Particularly SPLC.... they have basically claimed, if you read between the lines, things like "there need to be moar gun laws restricting access because minorities are too stupid to own guns safely and readily available firearms are a temptation" 🙄

Back
Top Bottom