• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who knew that gun owners were such warriors for gun control.

Attended a class last week, and the instructor was bad-mouthing the NRA. He seemed happy that the NRA was having financial problems, and other organizations were stepping in to take over the fight. Apparently, gun owners were not renewing memberships, and not donating money. That coupled with the attacks on the organization by progressive politicians and judiciaries, was causing staff layoffs, reductions in lobbying services, and cutbacks in political donations.

I understand that the NRA has been badly managed, and organization leadership have lived high off the hog using member's dues.

But without the NRA, there would not be a second amendment.

They are solely responsible for organizing gun owners into a potent, political force, and keeping politicians from undermining our rights.

It's true. We need to do a housecleaning at the NRA, and install leaders who are fiscally prudent, and not focused on booking luxury perks for execs.

But every time we attack the NRA, we are going the dirty work of evil progressives, who want us disarmed.

We are facing unprecedented attacks on our second amendment rights. Thanks to Republican incompetence and laziness, we have allowed Marxists to infiltrate our culture, and they have been busy indoctrinating generations into progressive thinking. Those kids grow up to vote far left.

We need every group to fight to preserve our rights. Undermining the NRA is just harming ourselves.

This thread happens about once a month. Hold onto your hat.
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Every time a gun owner bad mouths the NRA, the Democrats have an orgasm, and laugh at how stupid gun owners really are by cutting our own throats.
The last time the NRA cared about gun owners was 1977

In the last ten years, they've proposed bump stock bans, brace bans, and red flag laws. They even prevented constitutional carry in multiple states. Some friends. Many will take their chances without. Can't say I'd blame them.

Some of us teach the NRA's material, and bring progressives into our classes. We even advance gun ownership as important to everyone. All that, without strawman arguments about how the NRA is the only group stemming the tide.

They are the biggest. They are the oldest. To tell ourselves they're the best (or even strictly necessary) is to deny the reality of the situation.

I understand that the NRA has been badly managed, and organization leadership have lived high off the hog using member's dues.

It's true. We need to do a housecleaning at the NRA, and install leaders who are fiscally prudent, and not focused on booking luxury perks for execs.

I think maybe you don't understand the approach of many who feel we must starve the parasites so that they leave the body and then we see if it is worthy of feeding our dollars to it again.

Am I the only one who was expecting a thread criticizing the NRA for being such cucks in the 2A fight?

Not what I was expecting...

If we have a Trap and Skeet for Ages 65+ forum, mods should move this thread to that. Those are the only NRA lovers at my clubs.

I feel your pain.

You guys used to be able to hate, insult, and attack Jews, Catholics, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women, and anyone else who wasn't a white male, but that all stopped. Now, the only people you can hate on are LGBT people.
Maybe the admins should change the name of this group to Northeast Homo Haters.Com. Has a nice ring to it.

Time to put on your wife-beater t shirt, leave the double wide, and head off to your warehouse job, where you can badmouth people with the rest of your white trash friends. Then home to your morbidly obese wife, your undisciplined, white trash kids, and an evening swilling Old Milwaukee beer, in front of the TV, while you post fag bashing stuff to Northeast.

I feel for ya.

Average NRA supporter

I’d rather support GOA and GOAL locally. The NRA is at a crossroad and I think they know it.
The one thing about GOAL that pisses me off is Executive Director Jim Wallace’s vehement defense of the NRA. That’s not to say I don’t understand why he does it (GOAL is the NRA’s local state affiliate), but I’d rather he just stay silent when the topic of the NRA comes up instead of trying to come up with every single justification possible for their indefensible behavior. It just aggravates me that we are so starved for pro-2A groups in MA that we pretty much have no choice but to suck up to such an anti-2A organization.

I’d like to support GOA, they do great work nationally, but when was the last time they did anything meaningful in MA? Even FPC & NAGR are doing important work by challenging the handgun rosters and AWB.

Average NRA supporter

Beat me to it. This is also the same person who was lecturing us on buying too much ammo.

Beat me to it. This is also the same person who was lecturing us on buying too much ammo.

Lol I remember that post. Can't believe he came back. Actually after reading this post it makes sense

Lol I remember that post. Can't believe he came back. Actually after reading this post it makes sense
She seems to get involved for a couple weeks, then get tired and take a nap for a couple years. Seems to have stuck around more since COVID.

Since I don't talk to my mom much these days and i dropped out of the church, it's sure nice to have someone around to moralize at me. I'd forgotten how wanted it makes me feel.

Every time a gun owner bad mouths the NRA, the Democrats have an orgasm, and laugh at how stupid gun owners really are by cutting our own throats.
I’m so happy that you suck the straw so hard slurping up the Cool Aide.

With your help Wayne can keep his suits extra clean and fly first class.

Attended a class last week, and the instructor was bad-mouthing the NRA. He seemed happy that the NRA was having financial problems, and other organizations were stepping in to take over the fight. Apparently, gun owners were not renewing memberships, and not donating money. That coupled with the attacks on the organization by progressive politicians and judiciaries, was causing staff layoffs, reductions in lobbying services, and cutbacks in political donations.

But without the NRA, there would not be a second amendment.

They are solely responsible for organizing gun owners into a potent, political force, and keeping politicians from undermining our rights.

But every time we attack the NRA, we are going the dirty work of evil progressives, who want us disarmed.

We are facing unprecedented attacks on our second amendment rights. Thanks to Republican incompetence and laziness, we have allowed Marxists to infiltrate our culture, and they have been busy indoctrinating generations into progressive thinking. Those kids grow up to vote far left.

We need every group to fight to preserve our rights. Undermining the NRA is just harming ourselves.
Let the nra burn we have better gun rights orgs now

Back
Top Bottom