Why so few 1000M ranges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ish. What do you normally shoot at 1000m? I've been looking at a Remington 700 in .300 Mag for a distance gun. would that be good for 1000m?

Oh my god. This is great fun tonight. Like I said to M1911 I dont like to boast and I know the question was asked to Ish but I wanted to show off my distance gun. This beauty has a round capacity of 650 bullets. So if I shoot then move up to where the round landed and shoot again I can just about make it to 1000 yards before running out of bullets. I know it is sweet but don't be too envious. If I ever see you guys at the range I will let you take a shot but I may have to loosen the spring a bit until you show me your worthy. Right now in it's current state I have chrono'ed a FMJ "round" at about 23 fps. Thats right, dont put your hand at the end of the barrel cause it realy stings.........

red ryder.jpg

It's a Daisy Red Ryder if you were wondering what to put on your wish list.

Last edited:
I try to shot my mother in law while she is putting up pennies as my target, but looks like she is faster than me. Nice try tho…

A 7.62mm rifle rarely gets hits at more than, or even close to, 1,000 meters, and anything over 500 meters requires a high degree of skill. Do you have those skills?

Ish.

ummm.... can you say 208 amax at 3000fps? That is transonic at close to 1800[wink] The 30 cal has made hits on prairie dogs past 3000.

I know that, but good fundamental doesn’t mean that the same fundamentals apply when shooting a 1K or .1K. Maybe who brought the comment about it can help us in this discussion.

Ish.

So how exactly are the fundamentals different? Wait, before you answer, you should probably go to dictionary.com and check the definition of fundamentals.

B

A 7.62mm rifle rarely gets hits at more than, or even close to, 1,000 meters, and anything over 500 meters requires a high degree of skill. Do you have those skills?

Ish.
That must be why the international Fullbore rules require .308 Winchester for all their 1000 yard competitions.

You are clueless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPRBYKAsxc&feature=related

I've shot with Bryan Litz and he will do what he did at 800 at 900 and 1000 yards, which is the complete course of fire for a Palma Match.

So how exactly are the fundamentals different? Wait, before you answer, you should probably go to dictionary.com and check the definition of fundamentals.

B

As a matter of fact, I went to the dictionary looking for a different word, crap! What it was that word…….. Come on now….. got it, it was the world “nonsense” and I saw your picture on top of the definition.

I am glad to answer your question. Do you have any other question for me?

Ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom