• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22lr

four seasons has ...are you ready for this ?Mini Mag 22lr 300rds for 38.99

Ouch. New shooters are buying it up too! I was buying a SR22 in July at FS and so was a few other younger couples in their 20s and 30s and the employee asked if they wanted to purchase a 325 brick of Federal Automatch and they immediately said yes! Employee looks at me and asks if I'm interested in the ammo and I asked how much? $40!! I'm like no thanks I'm all set. $40 plus tax, just crazy. But I saw both couples buy it, they don't know any better.

they look at a box of 9mm for $15 and then see a box of 325 bullets for $40 it sounds like a good deal to the uninformed.

Are there cheaper places in Mass than FS for ammo? Everywhere I've looked seems expensive, I only buy ammo if I'm in NH.

I didn't realize walmart in MA has ammo though, will have to check that out.

Are there cheaper places in Mass than FS for ammo? Everywhere I've looked seems expensive, I only buy ammo if I'm in NH.

I didn't realize walmart in MA has ammo though, will have to check that out.
Some sell ammo some don't. Just a warning that when Walmarts here get 22 in stock it sells out very quickly. I only end up in an ammo selling Walmart a couple times a month and I haven't seen any 22 yet

I've seen CCI MiniMags recently for $7.50/100 in a Wal Mart. However that was in California.

Just bought a 300-round box of CCI HV at Shooters for $24. No Mini Mags. 1 box limit.

I had a bunch of stuff in my basket but their computer went down hard, so i only had enough cash for the .22LR. :(

CCI AR Tactical 22? That's what they had last Friday when I was there.

Man that sucks that their computers went down. I would have been in the same boat as you, usually have about $40 cash on me.

Last edited:
I was in Patriot Arms in Ipswich today and noticed some CCI mini-mags 22lr (I think hollow point). $10ish a box. No idea about limits.

(I got excited and I don't even own a .22)

Outback had Agiula Colibri, SV, and HV, and SUBSONIC (to the OPs original question.)
I think they were all $70/brick. [sad2]

There was also some match ammo for over $100/brick.

CCI AR Tactical 22? That's what they had last Friday when I was there.

Man that sucks that their computers went down. I would have been in the same boat as you, usually have about $40 cash on me.

I think that's what it is yeah, AR Tactical. They had like 20 boxes, plus some CCI Quiet or whatever it's called.

Yeah, I had like $300 worth of stuff I was gonna buy, including some mall ninja pants! I need to carry cash more.

- - - Updated - - -

I was in Patriot Arms in Ipswich today and noticed some CCI mini-mags 22lr (I think hollow point). $10ish a box. No idea about limits.

(I got excited and I don't even own a .22)

It's hard to get excited at $10/box though.

You need some .22s!

Yeah, I had like $300 worth of stuff I was gonna buy, including some mall ninja pants! I need to carry cash more.

Haha nice. I bought almost $200 worth of powder and primers last Friday, I would have been bull**** if I wasn't able to buy it after driving up there.

Walmart in Hudson MA has 100 rd boxes of CCI 40 gr standard velocity. 3 box limit for 7.49 each. I was there 20 minutes ago and there were about 20 boxes left. I took three.

CCI SV for $3.99/50 at Shooters Outpost

I think that's what it is yeah, AR Tactical. They had like 20 boxes, plus some CCI Quiet or whatever it's called.
As of yesterday, Shooters Outpost had the AR Tactical (limit 1), and single boxes of Quiet-22, Quiet-22 segmented (no limit), as well as CCI Standard Velocity (limit 4).
[video=youtube_share;3ytndFsMyj0]http://youtu.be/3ytndFsMyj0?t=2m9s[/video]

As of yesterday, Shooters Outpost had the AR Tactical (limit 1), and single boxes of Quiet-22, Quiet-22 segmented (no limit), as well as CCI Standard Velocity (limit 4).
[video=youtube_share;3ytndFsMyj0]http://youtu.be/3ytndFsMyj0?t=2m9s[/video]

I'm not sure how my Sig 522 handles Quiet rounds, may have to try some if they're really like air-rifle noise level.

Quiet-22, at 40gr and 45 ft-lbs, has more energy than most airguns.

I'm not sure how my Sig 522 handles Quiet rounds, may have to try some if they're really like air-rifle noise level.
The only semi-auto I've seen reliably cycle with Quiet-22 is Beretta Neos. But yes, Quiet-22 makes less noise than my air rifle (I have one of the loudest 22 air rifles in production).

The only semi-auto I've seen reliably cycle with Quiet-22 is Beretta Neos. But yes, Quiet-22 makes less noise than my air rifle (I have one of the loudest 22 air rifles in production).

Just got a 500 pack of the quiet stuff for my daughter's bolt actioin. I was talking to a couple of the guys at Shooter's about it and they said it was very quiet but there were very few autos that would cycle properly with it.

Last edited:
I've shot at least a full brick of Remington Subsonics through my CMMG AR conversion without a failure. I was pleasantly surprised, as I had trouble with these rounds in my MKIII and my Plinkster.

It's pretty fun shooting steel without hearing protection, as long as you are at the range by yourself.

Back
Top Bottom