Add Chili's and Sonic to the list.

I find the comment "enforce" pretty funny. How are they going to "enforce" it if they can't see it? As I say every time. Concealed means concealed.

If you read the article it specifies open carry, and asking customers not to. There is nothing about enforcement or concealed carry.

About 5 gun owners might stop going there. The rest won't care, this whole thing is a non event.

Exactly. I don't frequent Chili's (maybe once every year, or two), and I've never been to Sonic at all, but if I wanted to go to either, I would be cc'ing anyway, so to me this is a non issue anyway.

I just don't like that the moms are claiming it as "another win". [thinking] [puke]

10364178_290985881067957_6060216285029762680_n.jpg

I care very little about what they say... that's not any different than Saeed Al Sahaf (aka, Baghdad bob) claiming the Iraqis are winning. It's just more Sahafist style BS from the antis.

-Mike

I just don't like that the moms are claiming it as "another win". [thinking] [puke]

]

Blame the half wits who thought a business would appreciate the controversy surround their statement impacting their business. YOu are an absolute jack a$$ if you think companies beholden to shareholders and PROFIT would do anything other than operate in the pursuit of profit. Chilis had NO interest in coming out on this, retards with rifles forced them to. Coming between a business and profit will put you to the bottom of appreciated customers list. Chilis doesnt give a **** if you dont shop there, they dont want you to. If I were a shareholder of any of these companies I would agree with them. Their goal is to make me money not be political.

Another "win" for liberals created by half witted republicans. I swear one day either the republican party will die or it will have a civil war. If it dies it will have killed itself.

Last edited:
Here in North Carolina, we can carry open or concealed wherever we wish to, almost. The usual exceptions are Federal, state and county properties, with counties in some areas allowing. Businesses must have signs that are CONSPICUOUSLY posted, just like I highlighted the word. Those signs mean we will not spend our money there. I want to see what Sonic and Chili's does down here, especially Sonic, since they are more spread into suburban areas where Chili's is concentrated only in urban areas.
Agree, food sucks at both, Chili's used to be decent 10-15 years ago, they suck now!

Yeah, yeah the food's bad. Yer missin' the point. This OC Movement is so helping our side. I think some of you think WTF we are going to lose anyway so who cares. When Sonic makes a statement about guns, you Yankee Doodles better wake up. Sometimes you guys are a victim of your own regionalism or you want to downplay subtle cultural perceptions (we are fighting a culture war)

They are mainstream red state America. Their corporate hq is in OK. Not too many in the NE but plenty in small towns in the mid-west, west and south. The kind of folks who go there are the same kind of folks who go to Shoney's and Hardees and a lot of you won't get those cultural references either. It's all about the message and public relations and frankly this OC thing isn't working in our favor too well. If Sonic thinks they have to pander to the Moonbats, I at least have to pause and ponder.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah the food's bad. Yer missin' the point. This OC Movement is so helping our side. I think some of you think WTF we are going to lose anyway so who cares. When Sonic makes a statement about guns, you Yankee Doodles better wake up. Sometimes you guys are a victim of your own regionalism or you want to downplay subtle cultural perceptions (we are fighting a culture war)

They are mainstream red state America. Their corporate hq is in OK. Not too many in the NE but plenty in small towns in the mid-west, west and south. The kind of folks who go there are the same kind of folks who go to Shoney's and Hardees and a lot of you won't get those cultural references either. It's all about the message and public relations and frankly this OC thing isn't working in our favor too well. If Sonic thinks they have to pander to the Moonbats, I at least have to pause and ponder.

I wouldn't read that far into it. These companies look at it this way... issue wishy washy statement saying that they would prefer that people not openly prance around with guns in their stores, a handful of people get annoyed, but then the entire problem pretty much goes away. It's not about "pandering" for them its just a means to an end, the path of least resistance. These people want to sell hamburgers or whatever the hell it is they do, not get drawn into the middle of a debate.

-Mike

Blame the half wits who thought a business would appreciate the controversy surround their statement impacting their business. YOu are an absolute jack a$$ if you think companies beholden to shareholders and PROFIT would do anything other than operate in the pursuit of profit. Chilis had NO interest in coming out on this, retards with rifles forced them to. Coming between a business and profit will put you to the bottom of appreciated customers list. Chilis doesnt give a **** if you dont shop there, they dont want you to. If I were a shareholder of any of these companies I would agree with them. Their goal is to make me money not be political.

Another "win" for liberals created by half witted republicans. I swear one day either the republican party will die or it will have a civil war. If it dies it will have killed itself.
This^. They have _asked_ that you not OC in their locations thanks to bozos holding rifle-carry _events_. As much as I don't support coddling hoplophobes, Chili's and Sonic did not sign up to be part of a culture war. Their goal is singular--to maximize shareholder value.

OCT and its confederates keep doing this and getting the same negative result--the very definition of insanity. Now businesses that did not care about this issue are one step closer to, say, putting up 30.06 signs and the equivalent in other states.

OCT and other OC rally groups that repeatedly drag third-party organizations into their political statements are a gift to PAG.

I have seen people OCing handguns in the Walmart Plaza in Plaistow, NH and wonder how long before that is going to get ruined for them by some group wishing to make an issue of it by slinging rifles in Walmart, Home Depot, and Bed Bath and Beyond.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen early evening television lately? Homos kissing each other, girls in their underwear, guys ripping hits out of bongs and kids disrespecting their parents and elders. This is all fine with the people who control the culture war, but interject guns into it and we have a major societal problem.

I truly feel bad for the future of our kids.

If a couple guys set up a table somewhere with informational pamphlets and engaged in actually educating people, while open carrying, that would go a lot farther than just walking into a store with an AK slung over your back. I'm very torn on this, mainly because I don't think it really helps, at least not how they are doing it, but I do feel that if you do this in a way that you are trying to actually educate people it can work.

To me it's like teaching someone how to defend themselves by walking up to them and punching them in the nose. Sure maybe a couple people will learn and fight back, but most people are just gonna be pissed off you punched them in the nose.

About 5 gun owners might stop going there. The rest won't care, this whole thing is a non event.

It isn't a non-event. Today it's a few sketchy restaurants, but every time those fools hold a demonstration another restaurant chain "comes out" against gun owners. At some point it crosses a threshold and becomes a movement AGAINST us.

I become more and more convinced the "Mom's" or similar is promoting these events. When they run out of restaurants they'll start on box stores and then _____.

We should all continue to push the envelope, but these large, in your face demonstrations cause far more harm than good.

Don't eat their crap anyway but as a few said before me, they just seem to have a problem with "open" carry. It's all good, open or concealed, but open carry is like poking the bear, or hornets nest, or whatever. I'm not sure whether most people who open carry in a suburban city local are looking for a reaction rather than exercising their rights and these press releases are the result.

The only "no gun" sign I've seen on a "private" business was Toys R Us / Babies R Us in Manchester - I think it's pretty new. That being said, I just conceal. Open carrying in that situation is inviting contact with authorities, IMHO.

I wouldn't read that far into it. These companies look at it this way... issue wishy washy statement saying that they would prefer that people not openly prance around with guns in their stores, a handful of people get annoyed, but then the entire problem pretty much goes away. It's not about "pandering" for them its just a means to an end, the path of least resistance. These people want to sell hamburgers or whatever the hell it is they do, not get drawn into the middle of a debate. -Mike

Mike,

I would have to say that overall while you have many fine points to make, you frequently underestimate the subtle paradigm shift that is going on in our society. I am not Chicken Little and I am not going around saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" in fact when I posted this, I said to myself: Mike will respond and pooh-pooh the idea.

Mike I think the issue lies in two main areas: I'm not a Yankee Doodle for one thing, I've lived in a lot of different places and my roots are in a different part of the country. It's taken me slightly more than 30 years of living here to realize than in a lot of ways I'm not like you folks here, actually never have been, and never will be. The other thing is I'm probably 20 or more years older than you and that doesn't make me any smarter or better but it allows me to see a much different America, America that has changed in so many major ways and it didn't change dramatically . It changed by baby steps, in subtle ways. People keep looking for the big change, but it is not the big change, it's like water drop by drop dripping on a stone .

Is it major that Sonic has a gun policy? No , is it significant? Maybe, maybe not, but it is an indicator and an indicator is frequently a tiny clue ( no it's not being overly analytical either, something else you label me with [wink]) and it is that we are losing a culture war. Charlton Heston got it right, it is about hearts and minds but people are always thinking macro not micro and that what strikes me. Sonic is bedrock solid American Red State and if they have a "gun policy" no matter how trivial you deem it, it does mean something.

Mike,

I would have to say that overall while you have many fine points to make, you frequently underestimate the subtle paradigm shift that is going on in our society. I am not Chicken Little and I am not going around saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" in fact when I posted this, I said to myself: Mike will respond and pooh-pooh the idea.

Mike I think the issue lies in two main areas: I'm not a Yankee Doodle for one thing, I've lived in a lot of different places and my roots are in a different part of the country. It's taken me slightly more than 30 years of living here to realize than in a lot of ways I'm not like you folks here, actually never have been, and never will be. The other thing is I'm probably 20 or more years older than you and that doesn't make me any smarter or better but it allows me to see a much different America, America that has changed in so many major ways and it didn't change dramatically . It changed by baby steps, in subtle ways. People keep looking for the big change, but it is not the big change, it's like water drop by drop dripping on a stone .

Is it major that Sonic has a gun policy? No , is it significant? Maybe, maybe not, but it is an indicator and an indicator is frequently a tiny clue ( no it's not being overly analytical either, something else you label me with [wink]) and it is that we are losing a culture war. Charlton Heston got it right, it is about hearts and minds but people are always thinking macro not micro and that what strikes me. Sonic is bedrock solid American Red State and if they have a "gun policy" no matter how trivial you deem it, it does mean something.

i didnt read mikes comment as defending the logic of businesses like chilis or sonic.
i read his comment as explaining the rationale behind their decision.
and i agree w him that their statements are wishy washy attempts to pander to current anti-gun trends. It has little overall substance and there are far more important 2A battles worth our energy.

Don't eat their crap anyway but as a few said before me, they just seem to have a problem with "open" carry. It's all good, open or concealed, but open carry is like poking the bear, or hornets nest, or whatever. ...

That's the point. There WAS no policy against OC in these places until there was a demonstration where a large number of people OC'd at once.

NOW these places that never even noticed and certainly didn't care about the scattered patrons having an OC firearm, have policies barring them.

The "Mom's" and Blumenthal have been less effective at polarizing the population against guns than these demonstrations have been.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

If I can't carry at Chili's, where else will I be able to find a meth-addicted waitress to suggest a pairing of a shitty red wine to wash down my jalapeño poppers?!?!

i didnt read mikes comment as defending the logic of businesses like chilis or sonic. i read his comment as explaining the rationale behind their decision. and i agree w him that their statements are wishy washy attempts to pander to current anti-gun trends. It has little overall substance and there are far more important 2A battles worth our energy.

I think you missed my point and his point entirely. It's not about fighting a 2A war with Sonic, it's the fact that they even have a policy.

Back
Top Bottom