• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

What did you have done? Pro Package? Bushing?
Basically.

• Cajun Gun Works Race Hammer
  • CGW’s famous TR-PIN floating trigger pin made from S-7 tool steel
  • CGW 1485-T1 disconnector
  • Reduced power music wire trigger return spring RP-TRS
  • CGW’s famous 7510X precision match barrel bushing for the ultimate in accuracy
  • Full ignition system upgrade – 11.5# hammer spring & extended FP with matching spring
91254 Shadow 2 - Black - Cajun Gun Works

Basically.

• Cajun Gun Works Race Hammer
  • CGW’s famous TR-PIN floating trigger pin made from S-7 tool steel
  • CGW 1485-T1 disconnector
  • Reduced power music wire trigger return spring RP-TRS
  • CGW’s famous 7510X precision match barrel bushing for the ultimate in accuracy
  • Full ignition system upgrade – 11.5# hammer spring & extended FP with matching spring
91254 Shadow 2 - Black - Cajun Gun Works

I was referring to the Shadow 1 that you said CGW was working on for you.

I was referring to the Shadow 1 that you said CGW was working on for you.
Whoops, don't know how I overlooked that lol. Defensive carry package to keep it IDPA legal (uses the CZC competition hammer and no reach reduction kit).

What’s everyone using for the recoil spring? I’ll have to check the ejection pattern, but it feels oversprung. I suppose it was probably designed to shoot hot major loads (that sounds dirty) but I’m just shooting factory loads on the light side.

What even is the stock spring weight?

What’s everyone using for the recoil spring? I’ll have to check the ejection pattern, but it feels oversprung. I suppose it was probably designed to shoot hot major loads (that sounds dirty) but I’m just shooting factory loads on the light side.

What even is the stock spring weight?
I'm using a 10# spring from CGW (130-132 PF reloads). The factory recoil spring weight is 13#

All my mags with extended base plates will not lock the slide back when empty. They didn't with the stock magazine springs, which were then replaced with +10%'s. When replaced, they tested fine. They worked for a bit, but tonight on the last magazine, it failed to lock back. So I grabbed my others that had worked just before. No dice. Could this be an issue with the slide stop/slide stop spring?

Guess I should have waited a little longer to get my S2. Downside to getting one so early in production is that they hadn’t worked out all of the kinks. Long story short the early models are prone to cracking above the slide stop hole. CZ has since modified this area with a relief cut.

Finally noticed mine cracking today during cleaning. I’m terrible at tracking round counts but I’d estimate somewhere around 8,000ish rounds? Could be more.
94B37BB5-0A15-485F-B638-5D79ADA2A700.jpeg
34E1A405-6C9C-4D48-9E98-27F55910F877.jpeg

The new gen frames:
505D0434-C6EE-4284-B723-5BBFE977C87E.jpeg

This has been a known issue for over a year. A lot more discussion over on the enos forum:
shadow 2 crack?

I reached out to Cajun gun works as that’s who I bought it from. They offered to send it back to CZ for replacement (CZ has been replacing the frames no questions asked) and they’ll upgrade the parts. I’m still waiting to hear what they will charge me for that. I don’t mind being out the shipping cost to Cajun but paying to upgrade a S2 twice doesn’t make a lot of sense to me....

What also sucks is that this was the rarer arcore/nitride model too. Only ~50 of these made it into the US....oh well it’s a comp gun not a collector/show piece.

@dhuze @Glockster30 first it was the Coonan 357 cracking, now the Shadow 2!?[laugh]

One of the reps from Cajun responded and said he’ll have to check with the boss but he doesn’t believe it will cost me anything. That would work for me.

I’ll find out for sure on Monday....

Wow, that’s a bummer. I’ll have to look at mine.
Sure is! I just hope I can get it back before the aiming for zero match in May. And definitely want it back for Area 7 in June. I think it shouldn’t be a problem getting it before A7 but AFZ might be tight.

So the newer ones have no material where yours is cracked? Has anyone continued to shoot with that crack for any significant round count?

Seems like a non critical area, and leaving the crack there may not affect anything. Or I'm completely wrong.

One of the reps from Cajun responded and said he’ll have to check with the boss but he doesn’t believe it will cost me anything. That would work for me.

I’ll find out for sure on Monday....

Why would she have to check to see if it will cost YOU anything? It’s a manufacturers defect. They have to warranty it no matter what they say.

Remind me never to buy one of your used guns.

So the newer ones have no material where yours is cracked? Has anyone continued to shoot with that crack for any significant round count?

Seems like a non critical area, and leaving the crack there may not affect anything. Or I'm completely wrong.
Weeding through the comments on the shadow 2 Facebook group and on the enos forum, I only came across 1 person that continued to keep shooting without any problems if I recall. BUT most of the people who had their frame crack, looked like this afterwards:
E94E5F69-C387-4657-BCF9-AA133CA7205C.jpeg
After that happened I think they said it wouldn’t go into battery among other things.

Some guys had them crack as early as 5,000 rounds and some guys had over 50,000 rounds before they cracked. Very random and with my luck it would crack during a match....

Why would she have to check to see if it will cost YOU anything? It’s a manufacturers defect. They have to warranty it no matter what they say.

Remind me never to buy one of your used guns.
I should have been more clear. Cost me for the upgrades that Cajun did (different internals, polishing parts etc). The manufacturer should definitely be covering the cost of the new gun under warranty of course.

[rofl]Oh come on! You should have no concerns buying a gun from me [laugh]

Thanks for sharing. I have the newer frame. While looking at it, that spot does not seem to contact anything other than to hold the pin for the slide stop. Many of the other SP-01s and newer CZs don't have that relief cut either and they're okay. Kinda odd that is a weak spot for it to crack specifically in the Shadow 2.

Thanks for sharing. I have the newer frame. While looking at it, that spot does not seem to contact anything other than to hold the pin for the slide stop. Many of the other SP-01s and newer CZs don't have that relief cut either and they're okay. Kinda odd that is a weak spot for it to crack specifically in the Shadow 2.
Yeah it is very odd why the S2 is the only model with this problem. I know the S2 was a completely new design/frame but still.

What if CGW just milled a relief cut there to prevent further cracking?

My S2 are the same as yours. I don’t have that many rounds on them yet though
I originally asked Cajun last month if they could do that which they said they probably could. But it seems like they’ve since decided to just get them replaced rather than deal with repairing them. I’m sure if they modified the frame and then it still cracked, CZ would probably void the warranty and I’d be SOL.

Back
Top Bottom