• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Just bought a brick of the CCI #41’s that were available at Larry’s (19:10EST.) I’ve had some other items in my cart for a few weeks now and it gave me a good excuse to checkout finally.

I didn’t really ‘need’ them, but SRP and LPP’s are my biggest deficiencies in my stock of supplies. I figure we’re due for another panic buy wave here shortly, so I figured I should grab them while I can and while it was ‘easy’ to do so.

I cringed a little when I hit the ‘place order’ button, but it is what it is. I’ll be happy when/if prices come down some more and won’t even care that I spent 100 for 1000 because it keeps me from having a pit in my stomach about my inventory.

I’ve mentioned a few times that I stocked up right before all this (not bragging), but somehow still feel like I don’t have enough. I stopped shooting this year and I think it’s in part to having serious anxiety about being able to resupply.

Last edited:
Just bought a brick of the CCI #41’s that were available at Larry’s (19:10EST.) I’ve had some other items in my cart for a few weeks now and it gave me a good excuse to checkout finally.

I didn’t really ‘need’ them, but SRP and LPP’s are my biggest deficiencies in my stock of supplies. I figure we’re due for another panic buy wave here shortly, so I figured I should grab them while I can and while it was ‘easy’ to do so.

I cringed a little when I hit the ‘place order’ button, but it is what it is. I’ll be happy when/if prices come down some more and won’t even care that I spent 100 for 1000 because it keeps me from having a pit in my stomach about my inventory.

I’ve mentioned a few times that I stocked up right before all this (not bragging), but somehow still feel like I don’t have enough. I stopped shooting this year and I think it’s in part to having serious anxiety about being able to resupply.
So you made the trip to Midwarts to stroke Larry Potter's wand? Happy ending for him and left your wallet completely spent? I have to say that as I get closer and closer to only one year supply of primers, I'm definitely tempted. I don't think I could live with myself in the morning so I have not yet sold my self respect- yet...

The only way to absolve yourself is over the smell of burning gunpowder. Go practice for Perry. [rockon]

So you made the trip to Midwarts to stroke Larry Potter's wand? Happy ending for him and left your wallet completely spent? I have to say that as I get closer and closer to only one year supply of primers, I'm definitely tempted. I don't think I could live with myself in the morning so I have not yet sold my self respect- yet...

The only way to absolve yourself is over the smell of burning gunpowder. Go practice for Perry. [rockon]
The way I’m looking at it is that the dirty old wizard just saved me from having to drive over all creation like I used to when I first started reloading. Honestly, with the stuff I had in my cart, I was paying shipping anyway...their hazmat fee is reasonable compared to other places.

$100 shipped to my door for something I was paying $40 for in good times (for the military LRP’s) still ain’t all that bad. This was quite literally the only primers I’ve bought since March 2020. I traded some things during COVID for some, but honestly got great trade value in return for what I gave up (hand jobs mostly) and it worked out to just about ‘standard’ pricing for them.

The way I’m looking at it is that the dirty old wizard just saved me from having to drive over all creation like I used to when I first started reloading. Honestly, with the stuff I had in my cart, I was paying shipping anyway...their hazmat fee is reasonable compared to other places.

$100 shipped to my door for something I was paying $40 for in good times (for the military LRP’s) still ain’t all that bad. This was quite literally the only primers I’ve bought since March 2020. I traded some things during COVID for some, but honestly got great trade value in return for what I gave up (hand jobs mostly) and it worked out to just about ‘standard’ pricing for them.
What? You mean my 1 hour 20 minute drive each way to Shooters Outpost to snag a $35 box of primers isn't cheaper than just paying $100 for delivered to my door? LOL true that driving all over creation costs plenty, but Larry Potter needs to get 'Ram'ed in the tail pipe, as soon as the Ram has primers and offers them for a more reasonable delivered price.

And what's with catering to all the SPP and SRP Nancy boys? Can't they release some primers for those of us who don't wear skinny jeans nor wax our eyebrows?

What? You mean my 1 hour 20 minute drive each way to Shooters Outpost to snag a $35 box of primers isn't cheaper than just paying $100 for delivered to my door? LOL true that driving all over creation costs plenty, but Larry Potter needs to get 'Ram'ed in the tail pipe, as soon as the Ram has primers and offers them for a more reasonable delivered price.

And what's with catering to all the SPP and SRP Nancy boys? Can't they release some primers for those of us who don't wear skinny jeans nor wax our eyebrows?

I honestly haven’t been paying attention enough to know what’s been available and what hasn’t.

I was making the trip up to shooters each time I visited my mom on the north shore because it was only an hour drive each way (ONLY)! Last year I was still able to get some pretty good deals (8lbs CFE BLK and 1000 7.62 primers at normal prices as well as a case of 7.62x39 for $219)...but when I came back last month, there was all the talk about them adopting retard pricing and I stayed ‘home’ instead of wasting my time.

oddly enough, only a small percentage of IN gun shops carry reloading supplies...and most are close to an hour away from me here, too.

maybe things will get back to normal-ish soon, but I don’t like taking chances and I’ll continue to get what I can, while I can.

Shooters was charging $8 per hundred a couple of months ago. (200 limit) Are they back to normal? Had zero when I stopped in about a week ago.

Shooters was charging $8 per hundred a couple of months ago. (200 limit) Are they back to normal? Had zero when I stopped in about a week ago.
Most recent price posted last week was $99/brick of SPP and $189/brick of SRP...if that’s normal, I don’t want to play anymore.

(says the guy that just admitted to having paid $89/1000 plus hazmat for 5.56 SRP’s through Larry...but at least I didn’t have to get out of my office chair?)

Last edited:
oddly enough, only a small percentage of IN gun shops carry reloading supplies...and most are close to an hour away from me here, too.
Not odd at all. In normal times powder and primers can be mail ordered for within 5% of what a shop pays. Same reason you rarely see Dillon presses in shops - the spread is only 15%.

These kind of margins are just not worth the effort, especially on small items - especially since the non-gun items in a gun shop generally carry a significantly higher margin that the guns.

Doubt he is shipping them hazmat. I don't think most private sellers are, ie on Gunbroker. I wouldn't do it!
You do you, but I seriously doubt Harry Potterfield plays around with hazmat regulations. Probably there's more up to date info out there, but here are the US DOT penalties as of 2018:
  • The maximum civil penalty for a violation of hazardous materials transportation law (49 U.S.C. 5123(a)(1)) rose from $78,376 to $79,976 per day, per violation.
  • For a violation that results in death, serious illness, severe injury, or substantial property damage, the fine rose from $182,887 to $186,610.
  • The minimum penalty for a violation related to hazmat training (required once every 3 years for all hazmat employees per 49 CFR 172.704) rose $10 from $471 to $481 per day, per violation.
Amazon was dinged ~$94,000 for a single incident involving a partial spill from only a gallon container of a flammable but otherwise nonhazardous liquid.

You do you, but I seriously doubt Harry Potterfield plays around with hazmat regulations. Probably there's more up to date info out there, but here are the US DOT penalties as of 2018:
  • The maximum civil penalty for a violation of hazardous materials transportation law (49 U.S.C. 5123(a)(1)) rose from $78,376 to $79,976 per day, per violation.
  • For a violation that results in death, serious illness, severe injury, or substantial property damage, the fine rose from $182,887 to $186,610.
  • The minimum penalty for a violation related to hazmat training (required once every 3 years for all hazmat employees per 49 CFR 172.704) rose $10 from $471 to $481 per day, per violation.
Amazon was dinged ~$94,000 for a single incident involving a partial spill from only a gallon container of a flammable but otherwise nonhazardous liquid.
I think he was referring to the private seller in the previous post.

Larry’s shipment of ass rape should be here Saturday and I can report whether it was shipped to the letter of the law or not.

I think we're crossing wires. Harry Potterfield does NOT play around with hazmat regulations. I bought some primers from him last week. They showed up yesterday, the paperwork/labeling was all in order.

The image I posted was from ARF15, a private seller. Harry was selling them for around 80/1000, plus shipping & hazmat. The private seller was asking 200/1000 and I seriously question whether he's shipping them properly as hazmat. That's leaving aside the question of whether he actually has them and isn't just running a scam.

I personally would NOT ship primers, as you note above the violation carries serious penalties. I *believe* the way around that is to ship primed brass, but I've not actually looked closely into that.

Anyone else seeing orders generally being f***ed up by UPS/USPS etc in general?

They get a tracking number and recieved by carrier but then nothing for a week or more.......

Not limited to primers or hazmat shit but just orders in general
Yup, all lately too. I have 2 orders from last week, that have been shipped from the seller but UPS 's trackinng keeps telling to come back tomorow for more detailed info.

They get a tracking number and recieved by carrier but then nothing for a week or more.......

Same here- I'm seeing similar issues. I bought a Swedish Mauser that had tracking go up in smoke right after the tracking number was created. It took much longer than usual to go from mid-state NY to the FFL in Worcester, and there was zero tracking info along the way until it had actually been delivered to the FFL. Bit of a cheap beater that I paid for with a USPS money order so I wasn't tripping balls over MIA shipment, but still a little frustrating.

These are some full rape prices. I'll wait another year if needed. I stocked up Jan 2020 and sitting pretty comfortable for 1-2 years

Yeah, so far the virtue of my sphincter remains intact as I refuse to be bent over for these primer prices. I have 1-1/2 years stock if I make no modification to my match shooting. I can squeeze out 2 to 2-1/2 years if I shoot my AR in place of my preferred M1A and make other substitutions here and there. That said, if nothing has changed by end of this year I'll have to use my Mobil 1 synthetic grease for something a little more personal than running my M1 Garands. Getting down to 1 year supply of primers is way below my comfort level.

If you've been waiting for some powder, you might want to do a survey of your favorite online vendors. A couple of mine posted some new stock today.

Yup, all lately too. I have 2 orders from last week, that have been shipped from the seller but UPS 's trackinng keeps telling to come back tomorow for more detailed info.

Hmmm. I assumed it was because they printed the label immediately, long before they got it packed and ready for pickup. When it didn't get packed, it didn't get picked up, which meant that it missed the point in time when UPS expected to have the package in hand.

If you've been waiting for some powder, you might want to do a survey of your favorite online vendors. A couple of mine posted some new stock today.
Yep...I just searched for @Mountain through the Valley and did see some 2520 with a limit of 5#...also had 1680 which I just so happen to have 12lbs of which should be plenty for me for now since I also have 10lbs of CFE Blk.

Not living with a 16lb on hand limit definitely has its perks, but kinda dents the piggy bank sometimes...I’m gonna hold off on purchasing more until I actually start shooting again.

Yep...I just searched for @Mountain through the Valley and did see some 2520 with a limit of 5#...also had 1680 which I just so happen to have 12lbs of which should be plenty for me for now since I also have 10lbs of CFE Blk.

Not living with a 16lb on hand limit definitely has its perks, but kinda dents the piggy bank sometimes...I’m gonna hold off on purchasing more until I actually start shooting again.
I had searched for powder earlier in the day and walked out of the valley empty handed. They must be releasing at odd hours. Hopefully I'll get lucky soon and score...

ScholarlyMessyDrever-max-1mb.gif

Success!!! Just bought 4 lbs of 2520. That shit is crazy accurate in the Bula. Thank you!

gun-powder-more-like-fun-powder

I would agree that recently UPS has seemingly gotten worse and that most packages look like they are now being thrown overhand vs underhand. I generally hate when UPS turns it over to USPS (think they call it smart post) then I rarely get correct status on the tracking. I asked the post guy about that and he said it was because they are suppose to scan each item and usually don't (no idea if that is accurate.

One specific point. I was amazed just over a week ago that Larry had multiple primers so I grabbed a bunch to offset shipping and hazmat. I got an odd "hazmat exception" email from UPS then it sat with no updates for about 5 days so I called Larry. What they told me - UPS is very behind and only have certain drivers that can pick up hazmat. Therefore, we are waiting for them to have the right drivers available to pick it up. I ordered 7/1 and the updated tracking started last night 7/8...... so a week it seems it sat waiting for UPS to pick it up (albeit with a holiday in there)

I would agree that recently UPS has seemingly gotten worse and that most packages look like they are now being thrown overhand vs underhand. I generally hate when UPS turns it over to USPS (think they call it smart post) then I rarely get correct status on the tracking. I asked the post guy about that and he said it was because they are suppose to scan each item and usually don't (no idea if that is accurate.

One specific point. I was amazed just over a week ago that Larry had multiple primers so I grabbed a bunch to offset shipping and hazmat. I got an odd "hazmat exception" email from UPS then it sat with no updates for about 5 days so I called Larry. What they told me - UPS is very behind and only have certain drivers that can pick up hazmat. Therefore, we are waiting for them to have the right drivers available to pick it up. I ordered 7/1 and the updated tracking started last night 7/8...... so a week it seems it sat waiting for UPS to pick it up (albeit with a holiday in there)

I got the same hazmat exception email from the Ram. Sent email to their customer service, and they told me that many of their customers had gotten that email. Your explanation from Larry makes sense - thank you.

Got a package yesterday from Larry, delivered here to the campground. The young lady who handed it to me said "apparently they don't care that it's hazardous material" as she pointed out the damages to the box. :)

Back
Top Bottom