AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

5846663161_f1a928cbca_b.jpg

Why is he holding it first sideways, and then like a splitting maul? Or am I missing something?

He has a red dot mounted on the side of the scope for close range targets, so he turns the rifle over to get the sight picture. The support hand all the way forward helps him drive the rifle with more control and speed.

Plus, it's Gangsta yo. [wink]

Here's my first build so far.... almost complete. Need some BUIS, some mags, and get the compensator pinned/welded and I will be good to go. Might pick up an AFG too. Upper/lower from the American Weapon Systems group buy a little while back.

AR13.jpg

AR10.jpg

AR11.jpg

AR15.jpg

AR17.jpg

OK, just finished my first AR-15.

Halpern Titanium, Inc. lower (out of Three Rivers, MA) with Magpul MOE grip and Palmetto LPK (thanks, Underwhere!)
BCM mid length upper w/ 14.5" standard barrel, FSC556 comp attached, bayo lug removed by myself
BCM Gunfighter charging handle (good advice, smitty!)
Daniel Defense M16 BCG
Magpul MOE handguard
Cheap-o detachable carry handle, which is surprisingly solid
M.A.G.S. EFX-A1 stock
Troy CQB 1-point sling with Troy M16 sling mount

IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

I have a few pre-ban magazines at the moment, courtesy of nanerclip. Looks like I'll get a few more from Tackdriver, as well.

The plan is to practice with my irons for the time being and improve my skills (which are quite lacking). Eventually I expect to buy a red dot and a quality folding rear sight for BUIS. Tempting though the EOTech group buy is, I just don't have the funds right now. Hopefully the longer I wait, the better/cheaper my sight options will be.

I do want to attach a Surefire G2 to the fore-end utilizing the tail cap instead of a pressure switch. Any ideas for a good mount with my current config?

Any other suggestions, insights, criticisms, etc. are welcome.

I would go for either a bolt-on rail section with the VTAC flashlight mount, or theres a company who's name I cannot remember who makes all sorts of accessories and mounts for handguards like the MOE (slots, no rails)

Magpul MOE grip and Palmetto LPK (thanks, Underwhere!)

+1. They go together very well. Except the MOE trigger-guard roll pin. That pin is made of unobtainium. I broke my vice trying to press it in.

Primary Arms sells some nice light kits, and some mount on the MOE handguard, I think.

Really? I gave mine a few whacks with a hammer and it went right in. [grin]

I started with a plastic hammer, moved to a brass hammer, to a regular old steel hammer, to pliers, to a vice-grip, to an actual vice. Ultimately got it in with a vice and a bigger hammer, but the vice, not the roll pin, was the first to quit.

I started with a plastic hammer, moved to a brass hammer, to a regular old steel hammer, to pliers, to a vice-grip, to an actual vice. Ultimately got it in with a vice and a bigger hammer, but the vice, not the roll pin, was the first to quit.
I ended up crushing one end of the roll pin with vice grips to deform it enough so it would not damage the hole in the receiver. It's still hanging out about 1/16", but I haven't had the courage to finish hammering it home yet.

I ended up crushing one end of the roll pin with vice grips to deform it enough so it would not damage the hole in the receiver. It's still hanging out about 1/16", but I haven't had the courage to finish hammering it home yet.

I had a similar problem where I needed the roll pin just a hair smaller. I put the roll pin in my Electric Drill and let it spin while I held sand paper to it. It ground it down just enough to where I could hammer the pin in with the correct amount of pressure.

I had a similar problem where I needed the roll pin just a hair smaller. I put the roll pin in my Electric Drill and let it spin while I held sand paper to it. It ground it down just enough to where I could hammer the pin in with the correct amount of pressure.

Good idea. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Too late for the current build, I imagine. If there's damage because of an oversized roll pin, then it's already done. C'est la vie. [thinking]

ar151.jpg
my first ar build
dpms lower
spikes buffer/m4 stock
spikes lowerpack
spikes upper reciever
bcm barrel 16 carbine
yhm specter length lightweight rails
yhm bolt carrier group
magpul buis when not using my eotech
harris bipod just for sighting in eventually it will find its way on a precsion rifle! well thats all i can think of! thanks for looking

This is my first attempt to build a gun from a movie. The Scarface M16 with attached M203. Finding good pictures of the gun wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Most of the pics from the movie are dark and obviously HD cameras worn't used in the film. I did come across some pictures from when the gun went up for auction.

I've made this as close as I can to the original movie gun, though I know it's still not correct.

• I still need to find a A1 type "E" stock as mine as the type "D".
  • The movie gun is obviously a M16, I settled for a SP1, but plan to change to a full-fence Colt lower at some point.
  • The closest I can find to the M203 they used is the Cobray M203.
  • The M203 sight is supposedly military issue. Looks like the one in the movie to me.
  • It took a little bit of looking, but I was able to find an A1 upper with a "tear drop" forward assist and no shell deflector. The one I bought had the 3 prong pickle fork but I switched it to a standard A1 birdcage.
  • While researching the movie gun I found that the one used had two 30 round mags that were taped using gaffer tape. Since my BIL works for the news, he was able to score me some.

I'll update this with better pictures when I have a chance.
IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Parts list

DPMS LPK
Delaware Machine lower
Ace Skeleton Rifle length stock
Remsport A3 upper
Remsport BCG
Remsport 16" carbine barrel
YHM 12" Rifle Length lightweight quad rail
Cav Arms muzzle brake
Magpul BUIS

UPS dropped the parts off at 1430, left the gun shop at 1530 with a built upper, shooting at the range by 1630 [grin]

shoots great and went bang the first time, yay

i will be picking up a magpul B.A.D lever, EOTECH holo sight and polishing the trigger parts a bit

Dude, NICE.

Glad you finally got that thing together.

Already sold mine. (Had to in order to help finance an engagement ring).

Still have my other Deleware lower in the safe...

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Parts list

DPMS LPK
Delaware Machine lower
Ace Skeleton Rifle length stock
Remsport A3 upper
Remsport BCG
Remsport 16" carbine barrel
YHM 12" Rifle Length lightweight quad rail
Cav Arms muzzle brake
Magpul BUIS

UPS dropped the parts off at 1430, left the gun shop at 1530 with a built upper, shooting at the range by 1630 [grin]

shoots great and went bang the first time, yay

i will be picking up a magpul B.A.D lever, EOTECH holo sight and polishing the trigger parts a bit

Chris, it looks excellent!

This is my first attempt to build a gun from a movie. The Scarface M16 with attached M203. Finding good pictures of the gun wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Most of the pics from the movie are dark and obviously HD cameras worn't used in the film. I did come across some pictures from when the gun went up for auction.

I've made this as close as I can to the original movie gun, though I know it's still not correct.

• I still need to find a A1 type "E" stock as mine as the type "D".
  • The movie gun is obviously a M16, I settled for a SP1, but plan to change to a full-fence Colt lower at some point.
  • The closest I can find to the M203 they used is the Cobray M203.
  • The M203 sight is supposedly military issue. Looks like the one in the movie to me.
  • It took a little bit of looking, but I was able to find an A1 upper with a "tear drop" forward assist and no shell deflector. The one I bought had the 3 prong pickle fork but I switched it to a standard A1 birdcage.
  • While researching the movie gun I found that the one used had two 30 round mags that were taped using gaffer tape. Since my BIL works for the news, he was able to score me some.

I'll update this with better pictures when I have a chance.
IMAG0065.jpg

Go up to MFL in Manchester NH. They have the "M203" from the movie in the case.

I put M203 in quotes because it was a fake. Ahhh, what Hollywood could get away with before HD reared its ugly head.

been working on this for a few months now

t97i9j.jpg

stag lower
daniel defense LPK
Ace Skeleton stock
PSA flat top upper
del ton 16" barrel
YHM spector length diamond guard
barska red dot

just need a BCG, charging handle, and a muzzle device to be able to fire it

Back
Top Bottom