AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Finally got a chance to snap a pic of the finished product. I still haven't fired it yet, but that will change soon enough........[smile]

Here she is with the Storm Case cut out clearly visible.

SW-AR.jpg

Here's a cropped version of just the rifle:

SW-AR-BIG.jpg

It's great, very comfortable for me with the 1" butt pad. I'm only 5'8", though, so it may make things tough for really tall people.

if i may whore my new upper out in this thread... this is the same pic from the june acquisitions thread:

attachment.php

finally got the flat top i wanted! if i knew it was this easy to swap barrels and stuff i would have done it a lot sooner!

Nice. What did you use to cut the case foam?

I used a "vintage" electric carving knife (it's the one my mother got on her wedding day.....sorry mom.....[wink] )

knife.jpg

Here's the foam cut out. It's become the favorite toy of my two boys.

foam1.jpg

Finally got a chance to snap a pic of the finished product. I still haven't fired it yet, but that will change soon enough........[smile]

Here she is with the Storm Case cut out clearly visible.

Nice rifle, I like combo of the ACE entry stock, trigger guard, and PWS brake [wink].

Is that a Sully or Rock River Winter trigger guard?

SWAR15small.jpg

S&W lower
RRA parts kit
CMT upper w/ramps
Bushmaster 14.5" barrel, M4 profile, pinned and welded PWS 556 brake
Daniel Defense Omega rail
Troy backup sight
Eotech 512 on Larue mount
Surefire Z2 LED CombatLight on larue mount
Cavalry Arms A1 stock
Magpul MOE grip
Tango down vfg
VTAC sling on DD mounts

Last edited:
Last edited:
S&W M&P15FT

BEFORE:
Stock S&W M&P15FT
MP15FT.jpg

AFTER:
-ACE entry stock w/ foilage green paracord
-Combat Arms OD green ergogrip
-Tango Down foilage green foregrip
-Trijicon ACOG® 4x32 Dual Illuminated Scope w/ 8.0 MOA Trijicon RedDot™- .223 BDC
CIMG0360.jpg

CIMG0359.jpg

-Magpul OD green and foilage green rail covers in camo pattern to tie it all together
HPIM1270.jpg

COMPLETE!!!............For now :)
**UPDATE**
-removed foregrip
-added Dark earth and black Magpul rail covers to complete camo pattern
-Tromix shark brake (installed by Remsport, in a timely and AMAZING fashion!!)
CIMG0620.jpg

CIMG0617.jpg

Ok, ok....NOW I should be done!!

Last edited:
Very nice indeed ! [wink] , what kinda bipod is that ?

BEFORE:
Stock S&W M&P15FT
MP15FT.jpg

AFTER:
-ACE entry stock w/ foilage green paracord
-Combat Arms OD green ergogrip
-Tango Down foilage green foregrip
-Trijicon ACOG® 4x32 Dual Illuminated Scope w/ 8.0 MOA Trijicon RedDot™- .223 BDC
CIMG0360.jpg

CIMG0359.jpg

Still waiting on my Tango Down foilage green rail covers, but I couldn't wait to show off my baby!!

first put together AR

Stag upper from group buy on AR15.com H2 with A2 stock and lower parts kit. MI buis. deliver to my door 609.00 26 weeks

Smith wesson M&P stripped lower, ordered from S&W 39 day wait.

Lower parts kit from NES group buy.

The hardest part was finding the front take down pin dedent<sp? pin and spring when it went Fling[crying][laugh]

102_1036.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0885-1.jpg

Bushmaster lower and Colt A2 HBAR upper(unfortunately the bayo lug was chopped.)
All she needs is a Bill Springfield trigger.
IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

Spikes ST-22 upper and lower, DPMS LPK, Spikes adj. stock.

I see either 16, 20, or 24 inch barrels mostly. No 18 or 22 inch ones, at least on any of the postings in this thread. Is there a reason?

NES 2K8 and E.A. builds

Well I finally put my NES 2008 Lower together! She has an ACE Stock, Rock River Arms 16" Midlength Elite Lightweight A4 upper, YHM Diamond Midlength Forearm, Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake, Magpul Rear MBUS, & Command Arms Vertical Forend Grip.

Additionally I finished off my Essential Arms lower with a Olly Arms LPK (btw these LPKs are a POS as the hammer had to be replaced because it was close to a 1/4" larger than spec on the hammer face!), Standard A2 Buttstock, YHM A3 Upper, Model 1 16" Lightweight barrel, YHM Diamond Carbine Forearm, YHM Flip up front sight w/ gas block, Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake, Magpul Rear MBUS, & Command Arms Vertical Forend Grip.

attachment.php

Thanks for looking.

Skald, how do you like that Magpul stock? I've been thinking of getting one for my pre-ban. How long is it at full extension?

Skald, how do you like that Magpul stock? I've been thinking of getting one for my pre-ban. How long is it at full extension?

Which Magpul stock? They are both by Magpul [smile]

UBR
Retracted 8"
Extended 10 1/2"

MOE
Retracted 7"
Extended 10 1/2"

I love them both. My next stock will probably be the PRS for a precision build I'd like to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom