• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I really like the Duramag surefeed. They come with anti tilt followers so just throw some Magpul ranger floorplates on and gtg.

finally got to it as i wanted to move the scope and shorten the stock on the 20" one after last shoot and also took a picture.
6.5CM one did not fit on the table. :)
2.jpg

PS. good to take pictures - it made me realize i am missing one of larue rats stocks somewhere, will go search for it now, to swap out RAPS on the top 22lr build, it is not needed there.

Last edited:
100 degrees in the shade down here. Try putting a loaded polymer mag in the sun for a few minutes…
I mean yea if you put a steel mag under that sun you will burn your hand right?

All joking aside I’ve had my mags on the bench under pretty hot weather and never ran into a problem, I assume it expanded on you?

Whats the deal?

now, this looks better, and raps is back where it belongs - on the lower that is yet to find its purpose.
now i need to get another beer and move good larue grip from this spare lower to an another one. :)
3.jpg

Last edited:
I mean yea if you put a steel mag under that sun you will burn your hand right?

All joking aside I’ve had my mags on the bench under pretty hot weather and never ran into a problem, I assume it expanded on you?

Whats the deal?

Yeah, it didn’t have that extra clip on and started to leak rounds. I mean, it was hot af and in direct sunlight but still, at least a metal mag wouldn’t spew rounds when hot

Don’t sleep on polymer mags, P Mags are well proven to be awesome.

Not saying they are better or worse than steel but they are not shit.

Given the lack of cost there's no excuse not to buy them all. It's not a huge expense to have a large cache of PMags, lancers and surefeeds or usgis around.

Just out of curiousity, what happened when you did that? Did it fail, or was it still usable?

It didn't deform permanently if that's what you're asking. A few squirted out so I unloaded it, put the cap back on, and put it in my bag. Its been fine since as far as I can tell. It wasn't a catastrophic failure and it may have been a one-off but I wouldn't leave them in the Florida sun for an hour or two as a general rule.

For a second i thought maybe someone bought the machines and was making them apparently okay is getting out of that business. :( i should get moar for my free America cache

Have they really? Damn, I wondered why they were getting harder to find. I need to get a bunch before they disappear.

It didn't deform permanently if that's what you're asking. A few squirted out so I unloaded it, put the cap back on, and put it in my bag. Its been fine since as far as I can tell. It wasn't a catastrophic failure and it may have been a one-off but I wouldn't leave them in the Florida sun for an hour or two as a general rule.
I gotcha. So it heated up and warped enough where it lost it’s structural integrity and caused failures. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom