At children's hospital praying

Thoughts and prayers to your son, you, and your family. It's amazing how you are able to keep such a great perspective through all your trying times. You should be proud of yourself. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Doctor just come in. Said he's awake and did well and he should be fine. Haven't seen him yet. Feel Like the day he was born all over.

Thx. It was a big help. More than you would think. I was loosing my mind. Sitting and waiting for hours. First two attempts tonight failed.

wishing the best from here on out. you sound like a tough dude who will do whatever it takes for your family. thank you for sharing your story with us, and i hope that things will go MUCH more smoothly for the family in the coming days.

Maddox is doing well. He's pissed right now. There's times you can be very grateful for a pissed off child. Lets you know they're there. I'm still in a little shock. When I wrote this post I was losing it. It was a huge help however. We expect to be home this week.

Tons of children here. From what I see my sons condition was the least severe of any kid on this floor. I donate regularly to children's groups. Im gonna figure out something special for the surgeons here. Even if its just one hell of a Starbucks acct. they were up all night. They said d&d just ain't strong enough.

Thx again. We should be well out of the woods.

Rick Miller Pittsfield Ma.

Nice ending, Rick. Life is full of ups and downs and nobody knows what is next. Good for Maddox that he is ok. Good for you for being a great husband and father to your kids.

Rick, I'm very glad to hear he's doing well, and you have my sincere condolences on your other son. No parent should have to go through that.

When my daughter was about 10 months old, we had to take her to Children's in Boston. I got a call the night before from the pediatrician tell me a certain marker on her blood test was way too high. He didn't tell me what the market meant but I already knew, leukemia. I slept about 1hr that night. My wife was already asleep when we got the call so I told her at 6am when she woke up. Thankfully, the whole turned out to be a false reading.

Walking through a children's hospital though was an experience that I'll never forget. It certainly sets a person's perspectives straight.

We will keep you in our prayers. I've had my son at Children's for a cleft repair and (while it was not life threatening) I can say you are really at the best place in the world for kids.

K7500,

I am typig with tears in my eyes.
I understand what you are going through.
My youngest was terribly sick when she was just a few eeks old.
I thought we might lose her.
Gratefully the Lord and the good people in Childrens hospital took great care of her.

I will pray for you friend.

I'm actually taking my 10 yr old daughter to the docs now.
Just strep throat.

So glad to hear good news. A sick child leaves one so vulnerable. Us guys want to fix things and this is one thing we can't fix.

thank God it turned out well!

Glad to hear he'll be ok Rick. We went through a similar situation when our daughter was 6 months old. Words cannot express the hopelessness and fear and pain you've been through. I wish you and your family well.

I busted him out of icu jail. He's on my chest with a couple monitors removed now. Was afraid to put him on his belly on me but he's happy. Thought it would hurt. I bet in 2-3 days it will be like nothing happened. I'm better now too.

So grateful this has a happy ending. Prayers for continued good health not just for the little guy, but for you and the rest of your family as well.

My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family K... I hope that you receive good news and hopefully just a bug or something that will pass. Be strong and hug your family like there's no tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom