At children's hospital praying

Although everything looked good, at 4 am just now he pooped. I wouldn't normally announce that but this is significantly huge! This means his bowels are recovering and working. His breathing tube came out just after surgery and and catheter was out by 2 yesterday. Although I was confident he was in full swing to recovery, this proves that the section of intestine that was mangled is working. Doctor said that some may would chosen to remove it on policy alone, but he felt it was gonna work. So, he can eat as soon as he's ready. Once he's eating and cycling food were headed home. Not even I have appreciated a nasty dodo diaper

3 days ago
hajebyra.jpg

Before surgery
qadanury.jpg

Yesterday noon
aqyqu3yb.jpg

Shortly after I busted him out of jail. He was in his highly monitored icu box. Since his stomache was cut, his tummy is sore. We went from 1 ml of morphine every 2 hrs to .5 @ 3 hrs then @ 4. I knew he wanted to be with us. I gave it a shot but was afraid to hurt him. To my surprise it helped a lot. He stopped crying. Smiled. Fell asleep

upesaba6.jpg

Around 3 a teddy graham arrived. Made my day. He actually sat up and played with it for nearly 12 minutes. Hands and feet kicking around excited. That was huge. He burnt out quick then back to sleep.
pepymypy.jpg

My wife made it back around 530. After 30 sumptin hours awake I sent her home. She slept during the day. I stayed with Maddox I got relieved of my post after dinner.
9asu3uqy.jpg

Anyway. Although I was confident he was in full recovery, we needed proof his intestines worked to say we were headed 100% out of the woods. And he just pooped.

I came home to sleep with my older boy. He's next to me now. Wife just called with the news. The sleep I needed badly has been forgotten. I'm bouncing off the walls now.

u5e8ana4.jpg

1/2 he outta surgery
3a4a2egu.jpg

za7y5u9e.jpg

The kids always happy. Never miserable. Slept right through the night bringing him home from the hospital. His older brother tristan was the same way.
hegahu5y.jpg

de4eva5e.jpg

y4yda5ut.jpg

Maddox is a ginger. That's him in his ginger camo gilly suit.

Ok ok last thing. I have a bunch of 1911's I've been customizing. For no particular reason I bought tristan a proseries smith govt 9mm. Ordered him frag ambi cut grips from vz and turbo screws. Sent slide and barrel to save Kessner. Had an engraving idea. Got a little carried away. Barrel is engraved right in the end "2 late for talking". This pic shows his name on the side. Considered "best brother" chose his name instead. What started as a dragon emblem went full auto. 27 hrs of engraving later.....
atu4yju3.jpg

I don't have the other pics. Photos don't do it justice. It's a work of art. Zoom in on the leg.

It's done. He doesn't know. I was foaming at the mouth to how it to him the day it was completed. His birthday is 4 weeks away. Momma wants to give it to him them. Gonna be a long 4 weeks.

April 15th is a stand out park sq Pittsfield. 19th oath keepers has a rally @ Lexington green to take, and or renew your vow. Same day there's a rally in Springfield. Notice mass has yet to fall. Keep up the pressure. Even if these asshats pass unconstitutional laws they are not our laws. Stand and fight. It is not ur choice. It is your duty.

Been following this thread closely today. I have a 3 month at home and really cannot even begin to imagine experiencing something like this. Elated to hear that he is recovering steadily. Thank you for sharing your story. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

This pic is pure gold:
u5e8ana4.jpg

So Happy to hear the boy is doing well.........tell him to stop tying his insides in knots........live like his dad!

Having kids tends to remind you of what is really important in this life. My prayers that you all return to a normal and healthy life quickly.

Been following this thread closely today. I have a 3 month at home and really cannot even begin to imagine experiencing something like this. Elated to hear that he is recovering steadily. Thank you for sharing your story. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

This pic is pure gold:
u5e8ana4.jpg

He slept with his "trigger" finger pointing for 2 months. I don't know if he's strength training or saying "I'm #1" !

Take it one day at a time my friend! I cant imagine my little guy being sick... I pray for yours...I am actually sitting at dana farber right now... I am always on the adult side but often get tests and xrays where the children are treated.. It breaks my heart! Again yoi and your family are honestly in my prayers..... I am also well connected here in boston hospitals ( as i am sure many others are here) But if i can help in anyway just send a message! God bless and rember one day at a time..

Everything has calmed. His strength is back. I'm back to normal too. He's been playing and sitting up. Monitors have all been removed. In normal child care unit now. Got parole papers from icu. We are planned to go him in next 48 hours. Maybe tomorrow. So thank you everybody. This has been a great distraction. I've been reading Chris Kyles "American sniper" biography since I got here to him. Nurses don't know what to take of me but they're laughing their asses of. Other kids have pooh and dr Seuss.

Everything has calmed. His strength is back. I'm back to normal too. He's been playing and sitting up. Monitors have all been removed. In normal child care unit now. Got parole papers from icu. We are planned to go him in next 48 hours. Maybe tomorrow. So thank you everybody. This has been a great distraction. I've been reading Chris Kyles "American sniper" biography since I got here to him. Nurses don't know what to take of me but they're laughing their asses of. Other kids have pooh and dr Seuss.

Praise God and thank You, Jesus!

Glad to hear it [grin]

The lil' one sounds like a fighter. Something you can't learn, you gotta be born that way. Maybe he got that from his dad's side?
He'll be fine, bro.

Back
Top Bottom