ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

I sent them an email stating that people who have e-filed in May have already been approved. If it was truly on a first come, first served basis why have I not received any contact from the ATF.

The BS cut/paste answer I got was:

"Anticipate an 8-month processing time for an eForm 1 based on the date of submission of the form due to submission volume. The form will not be assigned or reviewed until reached in the queue and, if contact is necessary, the examiner will contact you then. The status will remain as submitted/in process until final action is taken. When processed, you should receive an email notification of the final action with a pdf of the form and the form should also appear in the appropriate folder in the eForms system. "

It was the exact answer I got 3 months ago, just with the "8" swapped in. What a crock of shit.

I submitted on May 5th...I haven't been approved.

I called yesterday. They told me they havent uploaded the forms from August yet. Still working on July back. Was told 8 months from the date they cashed my check

I called yesterday. They told me they havent uploaded the forms from August yet. Still working on July back. Was told 8 months from the date they cashed my check

Are you in Mass ? I have about a dozen people who called and said they are no longer processing them if the app is from MA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'm in MA. The girl asked for the FFL info to verify who I was. So I said their name and address and she didn't say anything when I said MA. Maybe I'll get a different answer once they upload my forms and they actually start processing it. They cashed my check early September so I'll be waiting a while

Well I don't know if this is good or
bad but the ATF sent back my brother's
form 1 that he sent in on 5-27-16

They told him he has a month to get if fixed and send it back and they will still process it and he won't have to start over.

Just a couple of minor things like not signing his finger print card - forgot his date of birth & didn't send them a copy of his LTC.

So like I said don't know if that's a good thing or not because that means there still processing form 1's

I have a e-file from March a paper file from May and still haven't seen anything?

Last edited:
I efiled 2/25. My goddam LTC expired in august of 2016. Haven't heard back asking to verify I renewed --Which of course i did.

I disagree. The problem is processing forms at the Federal level that were submitted prior to any "reinterpretation" of state level regulations.

jfc, tomato tomaato. Let's split a few more hairs. If it wasn't for Healey's "7/20 surprise" we'd all be law abiding citizens at the range with our legally vetted SBR's. This entire thing is out of the typical NES'rs control. Other than writing the AGO and continuing to bug Mr. Clutter and Co. there's nothing to do but sit back and wait....

jfc, tomato tomaato. Let's split a few more hairs. If it wasn't for Healey's "7/20 surprise" we'd all be law abiding citizens at the range with our legally vetted SBR's. This entire thing is out of the typical NES'rs control. Other than writing the AGO and continuing to bug Mr. Clutter and Co. there's nothing to do but sit back and wait....

How is that splitting hairs? All the ATF has to say is, "hey we interpreted that very same law for ten years and these forms are good to go." The law did not change, remember?

Well I don't know if this is good or
bad but the ATF sent back my brother's
form 1 that he sent in on 5-27-16

They told him he has a month to get if fixed and send it back and they will still process it and he won't have to start over.

Just a couple of minor things like not signing his finger print card - forgot his date of birth & didn't send them a copy of his LTC.

So like I said don't know if that's a good thing or not because that means there still processing form 1's

I have a e-file from March a paper file from May and still haven't seen anything?

Is your brother a MA resident? I'm awaiting a response on a filing from mid-May

I efiled 2/25. My goddam LTC expired in august of 2016. Haven't heard back asking to verify I renewed --Which of course i did.

My LTC also expired while I have been waiting for an approval (Mass.). I have the new license now and I suspect that before they issue the stamp I'll have to send them a copy of the new LTC.

I was hoping trump getting elected and his epa/ secretary of state choice would make her head explode.

I saw her on the news the other day going on an on about the constitution and the laws the law. I wish she was on fox they would have called her on it. Well what about sancurarty cities in your state? The laws the law.

I just dont see how you can sue and win, they can sit on those forms as long as they'd like and its not the atfs fault. Our best hope is beatingin court on her new test having been specifically removed from the law and it being a word for word copy of the federal awb..i dont see how in a fair world we could lose but this isnt a fair world
It would take a long time to sue and if we succeed on the other front it will be a waste of resource..

Calling your state rep and complaining couldn't hurt though

Last edited:
_20161220_171047.JPG _20161220_171117.JPG _20161220_171047.JPG

Just had to get it out of my system.

I called the NFA today and checked on 2 form 1's one from March under review and one from July pending.

The lady said if there was any problems they will get a hold of me or e-mail me.

She said if there was any problems or if it was denied they would have already contacted me.

Last edited:
View attachment 185593View attachment 185592View attachment 185593

Just had to get it out of my system.

I called the NFA today and checked on 2 form 1's one from March under review and one from July pending.

The lady said if there was any problems they will get a hold of me or e-mail me.

She said if there was any problems or if it was denied they would have already contacted me.
Well ya, just don't expect it to be approved anytime soon. Sadly all these forms will most likely put aside on hold until the pending lawsuit plays out.

Well ya, just don't expect it to be approved anytime soon. Sadly all these forms will most likely put aside on hold until the pending lawsuit plays out.

The lawsuit has nothing to do with a form 1 does it? We arent buying these guns. We have already legally obtained them prior to 7/20.

The lawsuit has nothing to do with a form 1 does it? We arent buying these guns. We have already legally obtained them prior to 7/20.

Correct on both accounts. The ATF needs to smack down the MA AG and simply tell her that she is interpreting the law wrong. Yes I realize that 8 years of a Dbag ATF hasn't been on our side. I also remember a certain AG getting smacked down by the ATF when trying to prosecute a dealer selling Glocks but that was ages ago.

Hopefully we will all look back on this in the spring with relief while we celebrate our newly approved and completely legal stamps. Then Congress will do something about the NFA. One can hope right?

No the problem has nothing to do with us having the gun or the lowers before 7/20 that date doesn't' mean anything to the ATF.

When you do a form 1 you are applying to make a firearm even if it's already a firearm so the ATF looks at it as you are building a new assault weapon that the AG C**T said is illegal as of 7/20

And because she said it has nothing to do with the features on a firearm and it's the type of firearms and named them. AR'S - AK'S - UZI'S are all a no go but Tavor's - Ruger mini 14 - Kriss Vector - HK MP5 clone - CZ Evo - FN PS90 - Beretta CX Storm all ok so someone needs to SBR one of them and see if it gets aproved and if so we will all know where we stand and what we can do.

I do have a 9mm hand gun that I am making in to a SBR e-filed 7/13 that is pending. I would think pending is pending being looked at and the other under review is on hold because it's a AR lower SBR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom