ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

when you do a form 1 you are applying to make a firearm even if it's already a firearm so the ATF looks at it as you are building a new assault weapon that the AG C**T said is illegal as of 7/20
The actual problem is she said they have been illegal since 1998 and she wont come after you if bought before 7/20(which i sure they'll want us to turn them i at some point)... the atf can't aprrove whats illegal...i fairly certain ever single atf employee knows she is incorrect on the law as written.
If they just said hey FU Healy your wrong it would be epically funny, i just dont see it happening. Thry let it play out in court.

There is NFA stuff that is outside the AGs "guidance", like short barrel shotguns and Pre-ban (1994) lowers.
I havent heard of any of those being approved, has anyone else?
It seems like the BATFE is not approving anything for Mass at the moment.
Im hoping that Janurary 20th shakes things loose.

No the problem has nothing to do with us having the gun or the lowers before 7/20 that date doesn't' mean anything to the ATF.

When you do a form 1 you are applying to make a firearm even if it's already a firearm so the ATF looks at it as you are building a new assault weapon that the AG C**T said is illegal as of 7/20

And because she said it has nothing to do with the features on a firearm and it's the type of firearms and named them. AR'S - AK'S - UZI'S are all a no go but Tavor's - Ruger mini 14 - Kriss Vector - HK MP5 clone - CZ Evo - FN PS90 - Beretta CX Storm all ok so someone needs to SBR one of them and see if it gets aproved and if so we will all know where we stand and what we can do.

I do have a 9mm hand gun that I am making in to a SBR e-filed 7/13 that is pending. I would think pending is pending being looked at and the other under review is on hold because it's a AR lower SBR.

I see your reasoning here, but what about my "PEN15" (I kid you not) I am waiting on a stamp for? They don't know what it is.

There is NFA stuff that is outside the AGs "guidance", like short barrel shotguns and Pre-ban (1994) lowers.
I havent heard of any of those being approved, has anyone else?
It seems like the BATFE is not approving anything for Mass at the moment.
Im hoping that Janurary 20th shakes things loose.

Form1s probibly no, although ive hear two rumors of it being "cleared up" no evidence and i franky dont believe it.

For 3s are being approved to instate dealers from out of state dealers and individuals.i can't confirm there proceeding from there. But i suspect they are on some firearms including SBRs but not all sbrs.

While being pre 1994 , like all of my registered ar sbrs, is a trump card to the healey thing. There is no easy way for the atf to determine if a receiver is pre 1994, and are unlikey to try since there federal and only 1 state is trying to require this.. maybe they let you provide evidence like a receipt or a letter from the manufacturer, but all the forms would need to updated with new info.

I haven't even started my submission yet for my stamp.

I live in Worcester MA and my license expired end of November. I submitted my RENEWAL paperwork (i.e. not new license) back in the end of July. They said expect it in February of 2017! Now the renewal receipt they gave me said that allows me a "grace period" on my guns and LTC until my new licenses shows up however I cant buy a gun or even ammo for that matter since my license is expired and if I show them the renewal paperwork it doesnt matter when they pull the license up its expired so they legally cant sell me anything.

I have a friend out in Burlington MA. She took her pistol class in middle of September. She called and scheduled her fingerprinting and interview with the Burlington police chief end of October. She got her NEW LICENSE end of November. It literally took about a month for hers to process.

I just dont get what the hell is going on. New Licenses I could see there being a delay but for a renewal?? It makes no sense and when I call and ask no one can give an answer other than "that's the process". Of course they cashed my check back in July.

Now when Worcester changed their rules that all dogs need to have a dog license registered with the city in middle of 2016 they sent me a letter on November 1st stating I had 14 days to get to the city hall with vaccination records and a check for $50. If I didn't it was a $50/day late fee after November 15th if they wanted to assess it.

I was on vacation for pretty much those 2 weeks. Opened the letter the week of thanksgiving. They had assessed me $100 late fee plus the original $50. I had to fight with the clerk for fines to reduce to $50 which they eventually did. Then had to go to another department to get the license for another $50.

If the city/state wants their money to pump into the pension funds that are crippling our city/state budgets or to pay people for programs we dont need make sure you open your checkbook asap.

If its something for the residents....eh screw them....

Rant off!

I live in Worcester MA and my license expired end of November. I submitted my RENEWAL paperwork (i.e. not new license) back in the end of July. They said expect it in February of 2017! Now the renewal receipt they gave me said that allows me a "grace period" on my guns and LTC until my new licenses shows up however I cant buy a gun or even ammo for that matter since my license is expired and if I show them the renewal paperwork it doesnt matter when they pull the license up its expired so they legally cant sell me anything.

This is not true. After the old 90-day grace period was made "until new license is issued or denied" by the bill that was passed in 2014, MIRCS was updated to allow transfers to people with LTCs that are expired as long as the renewal has been entered into the system.

This is not true. After the old 90-day grace period was made "until new license is issued or denied" by the bill that was passed in 2014, MIRCS was updated to allow transfers to people with LTCs that are expired as long as the renewal has been entered into the system.

If the city or town, holds the renewal app and doesn't enter it into the system, then try doing an EFA10 online, it won't go through... right? If we try that and that is indeed the case.... shit should hit the fan.

Man that finger printIng was brutal, police were polite and helpful it just took awhile then we had tech difficulties. But i have 10 fingerprint cards so as long as the few straggler form 3s show up at my dealer shortly. The prints will be current enough that i wont have to go down there again..sometimes they don't want to give out so many copies buti told them that thats what i needed. The officer said it was rediculious and i agreed. Had i done them through my trust i woud have need 10 card for each of 5 people on the trust in several states..i hate doing it individual, when im going to transfer to my trust after and waist $1000..
But its just too much money to have in limbo, not in my possesIon while risking possible rejection.

Anyway, im suprised some places in the state just sit on app out of spite or do them in unreasonble large batches waiting for them to pile up...from what i seen locally when you apply it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get inm ost cases and i lost my LTC and had a replacement in 3 days free of charge.My local PD pretty good. I was just down there at shift change and they sound like a bunch of clowns and jokers all breaking eachotherss balls..i just notice thier fleet of vehicle is almost exclusively SUVs now looked like they had 40 of them.

If the city or town, holds the renewal app and doesn't enter it into the system, then try doing an EFA10 online, it won't go through... right? If we try that and that is indeed the case.... shit should hit the fan.

Correct, the renewal has to be entered into the system in order for MIRCS/Gun Transaction Portal to recognize that the grace period is in effect and therefore the license is still valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Man that finger printIng was brutal, police were polite and helpful it just took awhile then we had tech difficulties. But i have 10 fingerprint cards so as long as the few straggler form 3s show up at my dealer shortly. The prints will be current enough that i wont have to go down there again..sometimes they don't want to give out so many copies buti told them that thats what i needed. The officer said it was rediculious and i agreed. Had i done them through my trust i woud have need 10 card for each of 5 people on the trust in several states..i hate doing it individual, when im going to transfer to my trust after and waist $1000..
But its just too much money to have in limbo, not in my possesIon while risking possible rejection.

Anyway, im suprised some places in the state just sit on app out of spite or do them in unreasonble large batches waiting for them to pile up...from what i seen locally when you apply it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get inm ost cases and i lost my LTC and had a replacement in 3 days free of charge.My local PD pretty good. I was just down there at shift change and they sound like a bunch of clowns and jokers all breaking eachotherss balls..i just notice thier fleet of vehicle is almost exclusively SUVs now looked like they had 40 of them.

My most recent LTC renewal which was earlier this year took 2.5 weeks from the day I handed it in to the PD to the day I had the new LTC in my hands. The person who handles licensing at my town's PD is amazing.

Steering back on track, I just got off the phone with NFA, and they confirmed my serial number from late May (free state Form 4 Trust), and said they're running right at 8 months now.

The irony is this suppressor was a Christmas gift last year, and I won't get it in time for Christmas this year.

Last edited:
Wow well they tried running mine and maybe Worcester is just sitting on them? I tried buying a new FNH FNX and couldnt get it about a week ago......

Wow well they tried running mine and maybe Worcester is just sitting on them? I tried buying a new FNH FNX and couldnt get it about a week ago......

If MIRCS said your LTC was invalid then Worcester hasn't entered your renewal in the system yet. Considering you submitted your renewal in July, that's a pretty long time for them to be sitting on it.

Ughhhhh this terrifies me......I appreciate the heads up though that I should be able to purchase IF they put it into the system for renewal. Guess im going to the Police Station tomorrow!

If MIRCS said your LTC was invalid then Worcester hasn't entered your renewal in the system yet. Considering you submitted your renewal in July, that's a pretty long time for them to be sitting on it.

This thread should probibly be restarted and renamed.can't you not efile as an individual?, and basically efiling for a trust is just so much more work than paper filing for an individual and individual filings dont need CLOE sign off anymore. So for most people the trust thing and efileing are over....this thread as titled would revert to a ffl transfer time thread.

I do realize many of you still haveing pending efiles so the thread may have some life left.

This thread should probibly be restarted and renamed.can't you not efile as an individual?, and basically efiling for a trust is just so much more work than paper filing for an individual and individual filings dont need CLOE sign off anymore. So for most people the trust thing and efileing are over....this thread as titled would revert to a ffl transfer time thread.

I do realize many of you still haveing pending efiles so the thread may have some life left.

Also realize that the ATF eFile system is a work in progress. Yes, we are hitching a lot to the NRA train for the ATf these next couple years.

eFiling is over, period. It died 16 Jul.

Trusts are still valid, and a lot of people still use them. Trusts didn't die with eFiling.

Why would it be an "FFL Transfer time" thread? That doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe "ATF Forms Submission Wait Times," might work.

Anything , actually, that would discourage "Will they approve my MA Form 1/4? Has anyone heard? Here's what they told me...Here's what they said on XYZ.com...Here's what my NFA dealer said..." in the thread.

I thought ffls could still efile thanks for correcting me.i still find trusts far better than individual transfers.
But there was issues where people currently live and the sheer volume of inconvenience to people who don't even care about enheriting my MGs....go figure.

I know its not of much help since I'm not in Mass, but....

Trust Form 1 eFile - Filed 6/3/16, approved 12/30/16.

I did 2 form 1's on the same day, and no word back on the second one yet.

Back
Top Bottom