ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

You need to prove that you are lawfully able to own the approved firearm. In MA, that includes a copy of the LTC.

Good thing I checked.Just a single copy?

Anything else I may have missed? 2 copies of the Form 1, pictures, fingerprints, check for $200, copy of LTC...?

Officially submitted this morning. Now what am I supposed to do for the next year to keep busy??
I recomend taking those 12 months and metally prepairing yourself for the fact it will be longer than 12 months....
I was under the impression that some forms not related were going through.
I was on the phone with my dealer the other day and he informed me his form 3s from may arent even being approved.
In july? I bought a full size fa uzi and my hk sear, i was ready for a long wait and bam it took 3 week6sto get it to my instate dealer.well several months have gone by but No word on the hk sear.
My dealer and i took the uzi transfer as proof forms where being processed, since all the one he's been waiting for never where approve. It seem that the form 3 for my uzi was a ****up that slipped though..

Anyway the moral of the story is the longer the issue remain unresolved the larger the backlog will be.
Its going to be pretty big.

Last edited:
I know its not of much help since I'm not in Mass, but....

Trust Form 1 eFile - Filed 6/3/16, approved 12/30/16.

I did 2 form 1's on the same day, and no word back on the second one yet.

it is help, its a submission time thread, not a MA submission time thread. coming from someone in ma. i just check nfatracker and see people are getting approved, but MA people should get it by now, ours are in limbo until an unknown time.

we have to deal with it and that all. the speculation people keep posting is getting annoying, and is just driving people crazy while likely giving maura something to cheers and laugh over.

I called the NFA branch today to see how my form 1 updates were coming along. They were updating the forms since I moved from MA to NH with pending form 1s. They thought my forms had already been approved and forgot about me. I got the approval email 10min ago and when I opened up the form and saw the city was entered as KASHUA, NH. [angry]

Edit: The person i spoke with did remind me that all MA forms are on hold. I think we have already established that

I called the NFA branch today to see how my form 1 updates were coming along. They were updating the forms since I moved from MA to NH with pending form 1s. They thought my forms had already been approved and forgot about me. I got the approval email 10min ago and when I opened up the form and saw the city was entered as KASHUA, NH. [angry]

Edit: The person i spoke with did remind me that all MA forms are on hold. I think we have already established that

Must be near Konkord.

it is help, its a submission time thread, not a MA submission time thread. coming from someone in ma. i just check nfatracker and see people are getting approved, but MA people should get it by now, ours are in limbo until an unknown time.

we have to deal with it and that all. the speculation people keep posting is getting annoying, and is just driving people crazy while likely giving maura something to cheers and laugh over.

Thanks. Not to rub salt in the wounds, but another stamp came back.

SBS Submitted 6/3/16, Approved 1/3/17

Now waiting on 1 more form 1 submitted in early July.

Look at his location...florida

Or even that he said sbs, which are a no go in ma

You can get a sbs in MA.. you just can't make a sbs from an existing shotgun by "sawing" it down.

Id have to encourage more non ma people to post results... keeps the tone of the thread more positive

Last edited:
You can get a sbs in MA.. you just can make a sbs from an existing shotgun by "sawing" it down.

Id have to encourage more non ma people to post results... keeps the tone of the thread more positive

I've got 1 more form 1 that was submitted early July, and will post back when its approved. I would guess it'll be another 4 or 5 weeks.

What?? Neither. You can't build one, you must buy a completed SBS.

You don't have to buy a completed SBS, you just can't take an existing 18+" barreled shotgun and cut it down. If you have a virgin receiver you can build an SBS.

''Sawed-off shotgun'', any weapon made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification or otherwise, if such weapon as modified has one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length or as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

Can you buy a shotgun reciever and where if so ?

I guess a Saiga or VEPR would be the way to go here. I took Queen Maura's "a receiver is an AWB" proclamation to cover this as well but that's a HUGE grey area. You could build either from a flat if you had a parts kit. I don't see much for parts kits though.

I was letting everyone else answer the sbs thing i didnt want to be the know it all i come off as.
If you had an approved SBS form 1, i think it would help argue that your legal citing how the atf can't approve it if it wasnt and reference the current healey, awb form 1 issue.

Posting with permission from the recipient ............

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: January 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM
Subject: RE: Ask the Expert Question from XXXXXXXX
OK – your application is on hold due to an issue with Massachusetts State law. Massachusetts law prohibits the possession and transfer of assault weapons and “copies or duplicates” of these firearms. On July 20, 2016, the Massachusetts Attorney General clarified the meaning of "copies or duplicates of banned assault rifles, including copies of the Colt AR-15'" under State law. Using two distinct tests, the Attorney General determined that a weapon is a copy or duplicate "if its internal operating system is essentially the same as those of a specifically-banned weapon or if the gun has key functional components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon."

The notice makes clear that the guidance will not be enforced against gun owners who bought or sold these weapons prior to July 20, 2016. However, it is unclear whether State law permits the possessor of such an "assault weapon" to make an NFA firearm out of the assault weapon after this date, or whether State law would prohibit this action. Because 26 U.S.C. 5822 requires that ATF deny any application to make an NFA firearm if the making “would place the person making the firearm in violation of the law,” ATF is seeking guidance from the Massachusetts Attorney General before it acts on any applications.

Once this issue is resolved, your application will be processed.

Back
Top Bottom