Blue Northern Trading Company - Ayer, MA

I've had several great experiences with Blue Northern in recent months. These guys treat you as a valued customer every visit. Top notch in my opinion.

May I bump this thread again? I went there last week, first time ever visiting a gun store, told them what I was looking for, told them I didn't have a license yet, asked a lot of dumb questions, and they were fantastic. Couldn't have been nicer. The owner gave me the skinny on my town and others nearby, as I have friends who are also thinking about getting started. We had a very interesting conversation about the state of the union. One of the best measures of a business is how they treat newbies, and in this I give them an A+. And a +10!

I've only been in this place twice because it's a bit out of the way for me. The first time, I found myself in the neighborhood by chance. I was on company time driving the work vehicle, but I stopped in for a quick look-see. I was there about a minute when I spotted a Winchester model 250 on the rack. I had been on the lookout for one of these for some time. I had a model 250 and a model 255 many years earlier, but traded them both away when I wanted a Browning Citori. Of course I kicked myself later, but didn't have the cash to buy the O/U at the time. I saw the 250 and left a deposit on the spot. I went back that following Saturday, on my own time, to pick it up. Nice [grin] This one was also a Grade II with the funky scroll work and sling. It was actually much nicer than the one I traded away years earlier. The service was top notch and I didn't overpay either. Nice experience all around.

Went for my weekly visit and noticed that have Siaga 12's and 7.62X39's. Some Remington 700 Bolt guns (.223 and .308) and a couple of AR's. One being a S&W ORC for $1059, the other is a used Colt for $1300. Ammo selection was OK. Bought some XM193 for $10/20.

I work down the street from these guys and bought my GSG-5 from them. Bill is a great guy and they are all super friendly in there. I couldn't be more pleased with the service you get when you go in there!

Nice guys. Went in as a noob a while ago, and was treated well.

Same here. I made my very first gun store visit to this shop over the weekend. They were absolutely phenomenal when I told them I was a 'newby'. They spent a ton of time with me explaining the state of the laws (mgl approved gun roster vs AG list) and the industry (supply of firearms and ammo). I was sad to find out that my first handgun of choice (Glock 19) would be difficult to find due to restrictions. Sadness quickly turned to excitement when I saw that they had my second choice in stock (S&W 442).

Both the employees and the customers were incredibly nice and helpful through the whole process. I felt like I was the newest member of a very exclusive club. I have to say it was probably the best customer service experience I've ever had in a Massachusetts retailer.

It pays to give these guys your phone number. If you need something that Blue Northern doesn't have in stock, they'll take your name and number and call you when they get it.

They called me last week about a gun that I'd been looking for. It turns out I'd found one elsewhere a while back, but they also got in another hard-to-find pistol that I ended up buying on Thursday.

When I went back in on Saturday to pick up some magazines for the Thursday gun, I saw a that a customer was selling them a couple of pistols - one of which I've been after for quite a while. When I was on the way out, I said to Ron, "If you end up buying it, give me a heads-up before you put that gun out."

My phone rang about 10 minutes later. Blue Northern couldn't transfer the pistol that I wanted because it was non-list and the guy didn't have paper for it. So, they put the guy on the phone with me to arrange a private sale. How awesome is that?

I was at Blue Northern this weekend before going to HSC with Ricochet to do some shooting. Great bunch of guys. Treated me like gold, and helped me carry some stuff out to my car. Went back later that day and picked up a pretty minty 1911A1 and also grabbed two sleeves of that 5.56 @ $10/box. When I was about to leave, he told me he was giving me two boxes of .45ACP with the gun.

Put my name on that list for a colt delta elite 10mm and a glock 20 3rd gen.

Can't recommend these guys highly enough. I will absolutely go back.

I went to Blue Northern for the first time today and was very impressed with them. I picked up some primers (209's) and was able to put some powder on order. They were very freindly and helpful. I look forward to going back there again.

just swung by today since i was in the neighborhood... they have a WASR-10, a .223 mini 14 with a synthetic stock, some evil black rifles, and some saigas among other things.

they also have about half a box worth of preban 20 round mags left. i bought a couple of the 30 rounders when they had 'em and grabbed two 20s today. in addition to this they have a good amount of S&B, wolf, and brown bear .223. plenty of .308 as well.

for handgun calibers they had a good assortment of gold dot JHP for carry ammo, some ultramax and S&B 9mm, american eagle .45 along with some WWB JHP .45, and i saw some WWB .40 S&W. they always have something at the shop--definitely one of my favorites in the state.

Blue Northern in Ayer

I stopped by on the way back from picking up the ammo cans and was surprised at how much gear and guns they had. From fishing to reloading, they had high quality stock. If they had primers and powder that I use I would have left with it all.

The staff were kind and went out of their way to make me feel right at home. I was looking for an extra chair to bull sh*t for a bit and left knowing I will definately be back.

I may have to get back into fly-fishing/tying again.

Another bump for Blue Northern. I bought a SIG 229 from them and the guys were great. They spent the time going over the gun with me, answered any questions I had, didn't rush me, and were very pleasant to deal with.

My next purchase took place at a popular store inside the 128 belt because everyone said it was "the place to go". Turned out to be a completely opposite situation. While the owner seemed to be a nice guy the rest of the staff were jerks. I even witnessed one hang up on a customer.

Anyway, even though Blue Northern tends to be a few bucks more (for the guns I have looked at) I will be keeping my business there because the CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORTH IT!

Did a real quick stop here today. Guys seemed to be nice, I was just in a hurry.

I picked up a case for a handgun, the guy at the register let me know that the foam rubber can collect moisture, and to be careful when storing for any length of time. Good to know, I was unaware of this.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any 1911 mags, which is what I swung by to get.

I'll be hitting this place up again, I'm sure, they are only 15 minutes away.

My second trip here, this time to buy a gun. I had called around to Blue Northern, Collector's and Four Seasons looking for a MKIII Target in blue. Collector's had the slab side competition, and said the targets were very hard to get. The guy I spoke with at Four Seasons insisted it only came in stainless. Blue Northern had 2 in stock and were half the distance from me as the other two stores.

The purchase went really smoothly. There were several guys behind the counter helping me, as one was filling out paperwork, another was calling in the NICS check, and a third was running to get the box and accessories that come with the gun. All this while answering the phone and questions of other folks in the store. Not bad!

Easy in, easy out, I got exactly the gun I wanted for a reasonable price. No complaints here.

Bumping this with my experience at Blue Northern.
The guys there were very easy to get along with, and didn't seem to mind shooting the breeze (no pun intended). What really impressed me is that I didn't sense ANY of the usual hostility I get when I go into a gun shop and start asking questions (I'm a young guy with long hair, and usually wear a t-shirt advertising a metal band [rockon] ).
This place DEFINATLY has my recommendation. Blue Norther Trading Co. is top notch. [thumbsup]

Bumping this with my experience at Blue Northern.
The guys there were very easy to get along with, and didn't seem to mind shooting the breeze (no pun intended). What really impressed me is that I didn't sense ANY of the usual hostility I get when I go into a gun shop and start asking questions (I'm a young guy with long hair, and usually wear a t-shirt advertising a metal band [rockon] ).
This place DEFINATLY has my recommendation. Blue Norther Trading Co. is top notch. [thumbsup]

throughout your various posts, it seems being young must be extremely painful and difficult [laugh]

but yes, i agree. my dealings with blue northern have always been pleasant. from my very young days when i was into archery, to now.

Bought some small reloading parts there a few months back. As everyonre else has said, I found the people there to be friendly and helpful. I also enjoyed walking my dog along the river/creek? out back. Very pretty.

Agreed... THose guys are very helpful and full of all sorts of advice. My girlfriend got her Shotgun and 10/22 special ordered there and I am awaiting my Mosquito Two Tone from them. AND i can be at the shop in 5 minutes!!!

Add me to the list of those that had a good experience at Blue Northern. I'm a noob and they spent a bit of time with me. Bought my first gun there over the weekend (open on Sunday!) Seemed to have a little bit of everything there. Got some great advice, took the time to help me understand what it was I was looking for and guided me in the right direction. Prices may be a bit higher than if you hunt around, but the customer service is well worth it and I like supporting the local guy. Can't wait to bring my son back to show him the grizzly (and maybe pick up something for me while we're there). Definately recommend this place.

Back
Top Bottom