Bullet Casting & Coating MegaThread

Patching is a great activity while on conference calls. I’ve upgraded from chore boy to bronze wool. I have a good stock of chore boy.

I received my 24 tubes of caranuba red yesterday so I’m good on lube for a bit. I got my RCBS lube warmer I ordered last May a few weeks ago. Been loading up 9 and 45’s

Patching is a great activity while on conference calls. I’ve upgraded from chore boy to bronze wool. I have a good stock of chore boy.

I received my 24 tubes of caranuba red yesterday so I’m good on lube for a bit. I got my RCBS lube warmer I ordered last May a few weeks ago. Been loading up 9 and 45’s
Nice! I love having a ton of sticks of lube on hand. It makes me feel like prepared 😂
Great now @Broccoli Iglesias is going to use that quote in his Sig line

Are you loading with BP?

My next six test rounds and I’m still cleaning the bore. Wonder how long till it’s stops returning dirty patches.

View attachment 572443
It may never come “clean” years of carbon deep in the pores of that steel.
The paper patching should help clean things up and will at least slowly polish any rough spots .
I would focus more on getting consistent groups.

Anyone using Repackbox.com?

I wish they had Kraft boxes instead of white. There’s some sexiness to the old school way of packaging ammo. Screw plastic ammo trays. 16D74510-156E-4591-95F4-6AC22F7DE4C3.jpeg

Has anyone has any luck with cast in 7.62x25? I ended up grabbing a Lee 311-93-1R because that was what in stock when I ordered. I might end up beagling it a bit if it drops small. I have to pour a few first and adjust accordingly. Still trying to get out to test the PP 303’s.

Has anyone has any luck with cast in 7.62x25? I ended up grabbing a Lee 311-93-1R because that was what in stock when I ordered. I might end up beagling it a bit if it drops small. I have to pour a few first and adjust accordingly. Still trying to get out to test the PP 303’s.
Only problem I had was my cast bullets at 313 would not chamber , tight in the neck area.
I think if your going to coat your bullets you might be ok with anything .312 or less?
I did get a little leading but I just backed off a bit to get the velocity down some.
I ended up finding some cheap factory ammo and bought more than I most likely will shoot .

Might have to start casting round ball
36 and 44
Pietta STARR in 44 and a Pietta Lemant 36 cal
They need a little cleaning up. Never fired but stored poorly.
My friend came across a few and asked me to clean them up and see if they are worthy to sling lead

67E11D33-A81C-4EFC-A54B-7F8A367659C0.jpeg 192E8E4A-912C-44A5-8A92-012490A31867.jpeg

Day off, took a ride out to @shootingsupply . Grabbed a 6 cavity Lee C312-155-2R for 7.62x39. Rcvd a tour of the back rooms too, place is bigger than you think. Real good friendly knowledgeable people. Talked a bit on casting and even name dropped @Michael J. Spangler .

Lee pot controlled with PID at 675 degrees. WW, cast 250, dropped at .313 diameter / 157gr., fricken perfect. Will hitek and plan to use IMR-4198, for the Norinco SKS. Shouldn't have to size as the barrel slugged at .312. Gonna try without GC

20220221_150420.jpg

Day off, took a ride out to @shootingsupply . Grabbed a 6 cavity Lee C312-155-2R for 7.62x39. Rcvd a tour of the back rooms too, place is bigger than you think. Real good friendly knowledgeable people. Talked a bit on casting and even name dropped @Michael J. Spangler .

Lee pot controlled with PID at 675 degrees. WW, cast 250, dropped at .313 diameter / 157gr., fricken perfect. Will hitek and plan to use IMR-4198, for the Norinco SKS. Shouldn't have to size as the barrel slugged at .312. Gonna try without GC

View attachment 580378
Ooo nice!
Water drop them on the last coat of hi-tek. That should get some hardness and help out.

Back
Top Bottom