• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canik METE SFT vs CZ P10C/S - which one would you get? Or something else?

Ah. So, do you stick to on-roster firearms only?
You learn quick, newb!!

I mostly carry a g19, cause they work and are disposable. The cz p10c is the same size and sooo much nicer. Cz ergonomics (meaning, ergonomics we’re actually considered) and decent factory trigger for a polymer striker fired gun.

You learn quick, newb!!

I mostly carry a g19, cause they work and are disposable. The cz p10c is the same size and sooo much nicer. Cz ergonomics (meaning, ergonomics we’re actually considered) and decent factory trigger for a polymer striker fired gun.
I’d pick a G19 over a P10 all day everyday and I’m a full blown CZ fan boi. I just prefer the metal ones (but yes, the P10’s have a good trigger).

I still can't get used to my SIG 2022, and I have owned it for like 9 years.

That mile long trigger pull.

But the gun is very comfortable to shoot.

I have tons of dry fire through the J frame so I'm used to it. Really no problem for me to look at a target, level pistol, and squeeze through that first DA shot nice and smooth and even.

I have tons of dry fire through the J frame so I'm used to it. Really no problem for me to look at a target, level pistol, and squeeze through that first DA shot nice and smooth and even.
How’d we segue into J-Frame revolvers? Did I miss a post?

(I have one, so not opposed, carried it for a while also).

I have an original Walther P99. Novel at best. Trigger is crap.

The 226/229 is a good call

For striker fired my HK vp9 was great (and had the Walther paddle mag release).

I loved it. Great trigger. It sat in the safe (hardly shot it) and traded it for a .44 mag.

The P99 AS is different. It has a DA/SA mechanism, and the SA is really short and light.

broc mentioned the looooong DA pull on the sig 2022 so I suggested the J frame practice is why it doesn't bother me
Sig had a 225 (I think, DA only pistol a few years ago) I laughed and laughed and scoffed and scoffed at it. Who the F’ would buy and let alone carry it… shot one, and I’ll be damned, I was super accurate with it. It did not suck as much as I was expecting.

I’d still pass on principle alone. But it surprised me

Sig had a 225 (I think, DA only pistol a few years ago) I laughed and laughed and scoffed and scoffed at it. Who the F’ would buy and let alone carry it… shot one, and I’ll be damned, I was super accurate with it. It did not suck as much as I was expecting.

I’d still pass on principle alone. But it surprised me

All I care about is fast repeatable hits.

Folks talk about blocking out the mag to make it 10 capacity compliant. Is that not legal?
Good question, it may be worth contacting your local police department about that issue. Nobody here is qualified to say. Or perhaps pay a attorney familiar with MA gun laws for an hour to answer some of your questions.

The P99 AS is different. It has a DA/SA mechanism, and the SA is really short and light.
I have the first version in da/sa with a decocker.

DA and SA trigger sucked. Too much take up and the reset was looooong…

Ok for a general use gun I suppose.

Sorry for the crap pic.

P99 QPQ.

Attachments

• IMG_6456.jpeg
    IMG_6456.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Macro is not on the roster either. It's infuriating.
The XL is just as good, I'm pretty sure it's Mass OK

I actually accidentally bought one with the safety and it was fine, it was tight enough that there was no way I was able to accidentally switch it on when drawing.

Give it a look if you havnt already, I can't say enough positive things about it

The XL is just as good, I'm pretty sure it's Mass OK
Yes it is. It was on my original list. I have been inching slowly towards the Canik SFT as my final choice. I can revisit the XL. Not sure why I eliminated it.
But how did you get your MACRO though?

Back
Top Bottom