Chicks Dig Guns

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2010/09/chicks-dig-guns.html
I was dating a girl a while ago. Typical late 20 something girl who towed the liberal line and said all the right things and thought the right way. She came into my house for the first time and saw my pistol which I keep on my desk next to my computer. I was in the kitchen when she said in a shocked voice,

"Is this your gun!?"

"Yep." I said.

"Is it real?"

"Yep." I said.

"Well why do you have it?"

"In case I need to shoot the bad guys."

"Well, I'm not comfortable with guns."

Take her shooting...That will get her motor humming....she might not like guns but once she fires off a few rounds she'll love them

I feel your pain. My GF of 2 years hates guns. I have several. She won't look at them, won't discuss them, and absolutely REFUSES to come shooting.

She actually hates them so much that we had a small fight about them a few weeks back, and it wasn't getting loud or ridiculous, but she started crying, and the outcome is I'm not allowed to carry when she's with me.

She's 22, and put up such a stink about the whole thing, it wasn't even worth it. Lucky for her, I happen to like her, otherwise I could have solved the problem real quick.

For those entering the thread, be sure to ACTUALLY READ the linked story.... You will get the wrong idea if you only read the excerpt. EG, it "gets better". [grin]

-Mike

I feel your pain. My GF of 2 years hates guns. I have several. She won't look at them, won't discuss them, and absolutely REFUSES to come shooting.

She actually hates them so much that we had a small fight about them a few weeks back, and it wasn't getting loud or ridiculous, but she started crying, and the outcome is I'm not allowed to carry when she's with me.

She's 22, and put up such a stink about the whole thing, it wasn't even worth it. Lucky for her, I happen to like her, otherwise I could have solved the problem real quick.

Replace her now then....otherwise, no good can come of this. [wink]

Yup. Read the whole thing. And FYI it ain't me I just found it and thought I'd share.
For those entering the thread, be sure to ACTUALLY READ the linked story.... You will get the wrong idea if you only read the excerpt. EG, it "gets better". [grin]

-Mike

but she started crying, and the outcome is I'm not allowed to carry when she's with me.

Dude.....just....dude. Might as well put your testicles in the safe with the gun when your with her too.

Last edited:

Don't troll here please.

my wife hates guns, never liked the fact that I have them, an even more, hates the fact that I take my 11yr old son to the range! However, one night we had a guy banging on our neighbors door, and then started walking to ours, when my wife yelled to me.........yup, you guessed it! (QUICK, GET YOUR GUN)

Don't troll here please.

uh, are you kidding me. Sorry, link blocked from work. Figured I'd respond to the contents I read.

EDITED: that was a little harsh actually, so I'll refrain myself. I'm not trolling, Chief. Never have, never will. But kindly remind yourself what the original post said, and bear in mind internet security and what time of day it is.

Last edited:

That sucks man.

You should read the link in the OP when you get home.

Also, If she wont let you have a gun just think about what else she might take away in the future. Kinda like the .gov, they'll take one thing at a time until you have nothing left. It's up to you to say when enough is enough.

I had a girlfriend like that about 5 or 6 years ago. Keyword is had. She had an irrational fear of guns, and got very scared even being around unloaded ones. She's a nice, attractive girl, but all of that is null and void if you can't be yourself.

Abandon ship, man.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
She just doesn't like them. I own several, I will inherit MANY more (hopefully a long way away) and she knows this. She doesn't mind that I have them or go to the range etc. She just doesn't want me to keep trying to get her to go shooting, or carry when she's with me. Everyone's gotta make a little sacrifice every now and then...

I carry when she's not around, I go to the range when I feel like it, and spend my money the way I want to. I don't have too many complaints.

I had a girlfriend like that about 5 or 6 years ago. Keyword is had. She had an irrational fear of guns, and got very scared even being around unloaded ones. She's a nice, attractive girl, but all of that is null and void if you can't be yourself.

Abandon ship, man.

no effin shit.

Try these lines on her...

"you're right honey, it would be much better for both of us if after getting the shit kicked out of me by some muggers, I'll get to watch you get raped before they kill us both and torch our bodies".

better yet, don't. either your girlfriend is a hopeless fool, or you're the worst "salesman" of all time. either dump her, or figure out why your arguments have failed.

Last edited:
She just doesn't like them. I own several, I will inherit MANY more (hopefully a long way away) and she knows this. She doesn't mind that I have them or go to the range etc. She just doesn't want me to keep trying to get her to go shooting, or carry when she's with me. Everyone's gotta make a little sacrifice every now and then...

I carry when she's not around, I go to the range when I feel like it, and spend my money the way I want to. I don't have too many complaints.

I mean this in the nicest way possible...

You're being an idiot.

When you're with her is exactly the time you should be carrying. Whether she likes it or not, or she knows or not. The worst thats going to happen to you when you're not with here is you'll wind up dead. The worst that could happen when you are with her is really quite a bit worse for both of you. See above for a helpful example.

Dude, seriously. Man to man here. Get a new girl or become a much better salesman.

If she can't realize that the reason you would be carrying around her is to protect her what do you think will happen if you have kids? It's going to be 'no guns in the house'.

While my current G/F, she wont go get an LTC but I have convinced her she needs an FID for pepper spray, will grab a gun out of my hands when ever I get a new toys. Chicks dig power and when they realize a gun let's them enjoy it responsibly, it's all over.

My girl also shot a M-16 (no, not an AR-15) the first time she went out (way before we were dating). She loved it.

Ass pics???

Accidentally get lost in Murderphan then make a quick detour in Dudley and ask the biggest crack head for directions then proceed to Blue Hill Ave and find a nice grassy spot to have a picnic. Carry a plastic spork in your holster and give her the look "hey you told me too". She'll give you the money for a S&W .500 the very same day.

A little sacrifice? No, that's not a little sacrifice. "A little sacrifice" is watching a movie with her that you have no interest in. Being told you can't carry is quite a bit more than that. That's more along the level of a guy being told that he has to get rid of his dog because she doesn't like it, and then being issued an ultimatum.

Even if that is the only major issue so far, if you don't stand firm on it, by some means, she will walk all over you, eventually. If you ever get married, she will hound you relentlessly to sell your guns to pay for garbage around the house, etc.

If she's at the level where she gets freaked out at the sight of an unloaded gun, she probably needs some serious psychological help.

I'd also lay off the trying to get her to go to the range thing, I doubt she is anywhere near that level. She doesn't even have to like shooting, frankly, but she shouldn't be telling you what to do with your guns.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom