Chicks Dig Guns

What the Dr says, above, is right on.

My wife doesn't like guns but she knows I do. That's all there is to that discussion.

What the Dr says, above, is right on.

My wife doesn't like guns but she knows I do. That's all there is to that discussion.

This is the point I'm at. And she knows who the dominant one in the relationship is. (clue #1 - not her)

I live in Swampscott, which is far from a bad neighborhood, and typically avoid places like murderpan. I knew this wasn't quite the right place to preach her side of the story, but she knows I like guns, I know she doesn't, and that's pretty much where it stays.

When we decide to have a picnic in the middle of Roxbury, let it be known I'll be carrying whether she likes it or not.

Ass pics???

Accidentally get lost in Murderphan then make a quick detour in Dudley and ask the biggest crack head for directions then proceed to Blue Hill Ave and find a nice grassy spot to have a picnic. Carry a plastic spork in your holster and give her the look "hey you told me too". She'll give you the money for a S&W .500 the very same day.

The foliage in Dudley is nice this time of year...

Reading some of these responses I guess I should consider myself lucky, my GF always has her loaded Kahr MK9 in her purse! [smile]

She just doesn't like them. I own several, I will inherit MANY more (hopefully a long way away) and she knows this. She doesn't mind that I have them or go to the range etc. She just doesn't want me to keep trying to get her to go shooting, or carry when she's with me. Everyone's gotta make a little sacrifice every now and then...

I carry when she's not around, I go to the range when I feel like it, and spend my money the way I want to. I don't have too many complaints.

Son of Sasquatch makes a great point with the pepper spray FID angle. See if you can convince her that you want to take her to get a "License to Carry Pepper spray" (Don't mention it is the same as an FID). Get a handgun rifle and shotgun in her hands before she even knows it, take the class with her if you would like. Mass Fire Arm school will let you attend for fee, No live fire, just a simulator that uses a real Glock and an AR15 converted to have simulated recoil by connecting them to a tank of compressed air.

I am surprised that they dont offer a license just for pepper spray, you figure the state gov would be against granting anyone extra rights that are not demanded from them.

And in Regards the the OP.... Chicks definently dig guns. Especially when you let them take pictures with them. My favorite line, "well I am not going to take the picture if you dont at least try to be a little sexier"

The foliage in Dudley is nice this time of year...

My wife is gonna be happy I'm packing when she realizes where she is. She is crazy physced about going to the Franklin Park Zoo hahahah, wait until we drive through the area. I'm not saying anything up front, I want to see her reaction and I'm not going to let her know I'm packing "oh hon looks like we have a decent walk through the area to get there" hahahah.

She'll be worried about getting ass palmed; I've already warned her to keep an eye out for Little Joe (if that doesnt make sense google "Franklin Park little Joe escape").

Last edited:
I think I'll try the pepper spray idea.

I took the LTC class over at MFS, one of their first classes at Nicholas Rd. I think. Steve (I think that's his name, anyone know his username on here?) taught it, and I must admit I enjoyed the class.

I think I'll try the pepper spray idea.

I took the LTC class over at MFS, one of their first classes at Nicholas Rd. I think. Steve (I think that's his name, anyone know his username on here?) taught it, and I must admit I enjoyed the class.

Good deal. Best of luck and hope it works out with your girl.

One thing to remember. Concealed is concealed. Your girl nor anyone else needs to know that you are carrying so long as you are doing it legally.

Son of Sasquatch makes a great point with the pepper spray FID angle. See if you can convince her that you want to take her to get a "License to Carry Pepper spray" (Don't mention it is the same as an FID). Get a handgun rifle and shotgun in her hands before she even knows it, take the class with her if you would like. Mass Fire Arm school will let you attend for fee, No live fire, just a simulator that uses a real Glock and an AR15 converted to have simulated recoil by connecting them to a tank of compressed air.

I am surprised that they dont offer a license just for pepper spray, you figure the state gov would be against granting anyone extra rights that are not demanded from them.

And in Regards the the OP.... Chicks definitely dig guns. Especially when you let them take pictures with them. My favorite line, "well I am not going to take the picture if you dont at least try to be a little sexier"

They do, it's a FID restricted for pepper spray. It's only $25.

My girls only apprehension to the LTC is that 1) She lives in Brookline so its not really any use because it'll be restricted and 2) shes paying for loans and rent and doesn't have the discretionary income to blow on a limited permit

If she moves in with me (in a green town), she will get one. I wear the pants [wink]

I'd find it acceptable to compromise and not have them out around her, not be in her face about coming shooting with you, etc, etc. Not carrying has to do with not protecting both of your lives, which is where I would draw the line. If you would normally carry, continue to do so, if not, then don't. Maybe get something smaller and pocket carry, at least have something on you if you normally would.

I definitely wouldn't say dump her, that's stupid. I tend to think someone worth dating isn't going to require one or the other change drastically, but shes not making you do that. I'd try to warm her up to letting you carry when you normally would, but its fine if she never takes an interest beyond that. My girlfriend is interested in guns, will definitely carry when she gets her LTC, but shes not as into it as me and some of my friends are. That's fine, we don't have to be the same person.

If she was trying to make you get rid of your favorite hobby, that would be different, but shes not.

Mike

Ass pics???

Accidentally get lost in Murderphan then make a quick detour in Dudley and ask the biggest crack head for directions then proceed to Blue Hill Ave and find a nice grassy spot to have a picnic. Carry a plastic spork in your holster and give her the look "hey you told me too". She'll give you the money for a S&W .500 the very same day.

Indeed, my Wife didn't particularly like that I was ccw'g (this was a number of years ago) but one day as we were driving thru some of the seedier areas of Brockton on our way to visit a Cousin, there were small groups of thugs on numerous street corners, she asked me "do you have it with you?" I chuckled and said "I'm in Brockton, of course I do!" That was the last time the subject ever came up.

Although a FID-D, restricted to OC/Mace only cost $25 (free renewals) and no course, you could "forget that" and see if she'd go for the MFS course. Everyone loves playing on the simulator and that might just "hook her".

or carry when she's with me. Everyone's gotta make a little sacrifice every now and then..

WTF are you going to do if you marry her and have kids? You're not going to have on you the most effective cure for violent crime to protect your kids?

Nut up and dump her.

If she was trying to make you get rid of your favorite hobby, that would be different, but shes not.

Mike
Of course, we all need fudd guns to break little clay disks. Getting rid of that would be grounds for divorce.

It's weapons of defense that we don't need. At all.

And back to the OP, the money quote from the comments:

Anonymous said...

This is only news to a Yankee.

Yankee women find this sexy because they long for a real man and have yet to spend time with one.

It awakens feelings in them they did not know that could have.

[laugh]

I KID!

Part of the "we live in an upscale community and nothing bad ever happens here" sheeple mentality is done intentionally by the town fathers who like everyone to believe that their town is 1000% safe at all times. [thinking]

Listening to the scanner from some of these "upscale towns" gives a very different picture. Just from yesterday in such an area:

- Home invasion while guy was in the bathroom someone broke in and was stealing stuff in his bedroom. He got smart and lucky and got the Reg No when he challenged the guy and the perp ran. Perp was picked up by the PD in another town.

- B&E reported in a house in the same town.

- Bank robbery in an adjacent town. Perp was smart, used a motorcycle for his get-away. I suspect that he out maneuvered any responding cruisers and got away . . . at least for now.

Yup, nothing happens in these sleepy towns with expensive homes! [rolleyes] I don't expect to see any of this stuff reported in any newspapers either! I know of another bank robbery that happened a week or so ago and not a word in any papers. Got to keep the sheeple sedated! [sad]

Part of the "we live in an upscale community and nothing bad ever happens here" sheeple mentality is done intentionally by the town fathers who like everyone to believe that their town is 1000% safe at all times. [thinking]

Listening to the scanner from some of these "upscale towns" gives a very different picture. Just from yesterday in such an area:

- Home invasion while guy was in the bathroom someone broke in and was stealing stuff in his bedroom. He got smart and lucky and got the Reg No when he challenged the guy and the perp ran. Perp was picked up by the PD in another town.

- B&E reported in a house in the same town.

- Bank robbery in an adjacent town. Perp was smart, used a motorcycle for his get-away. I suspect that he out maneuvered any responding cruisers and got away . . . at least for now.

Yup, nothing happens in these sleepy towns with expensive homes! [rolleyes] I don't expect to see any of this stuff reported in any newspapers either! I know of another bank robbery that happened a week or so ago and not a word in any papers. Got to keep the sheeple sedated! [sad]
robo-phone BOLOs are putting a dent in that fantasy...

Of course, we all need fudd guns to break little clay disks. Getting rid of that would be grounds for divorce.

It's weapons of defense that we don't need. At all.

I was giving relationship advice. If your favorite thing ever is guns, and you girlfriend tells you to drop that, screw her. If you have a vague interest in guns, then your girlfriend asking you to keep it on the DL isn't that big of a deal. I DID SAY if he always carries, he should continue to do so.

Mike

Before I moved in with my fiance we had this discussion.

Me: I need a spot to put my safe

Her: What safe?

Me: My gun safe

Her: Your not bringing guns into my house

Me: I guese I won't move in then

Her: You can bring them but I don't want to see them

A few weeks after that I convinced her to come shooting with me and now she's a better shot than I am!

Back
Top Bottom