DC Jan 6

Yahbut you spelled "morals" funny.

El5hf9EXYAUc0V-.jpg

Sorry, dude. I can't give you the whole rationale, but at least the way a nested national election
has brushed back voter fraud almost every time is becoming very apparent to me.

Oh yeah, she was The People's Choice all right.

That's true, but only because it's vacuously true.
If inaugurated, Biden would deliver the most famous Presidential speech in history.

More famous than FDR's Pearl Harbor speech, or either of his inaugural speeches.
More famous than Lincoln's inaugural speeches
More famous than JFK's inauguration.
More famous than Washington or Eisenhower's farewell speeches.

To wit:
The morning after Biden delivered the State of the Union,
they would begin proceedings under the 25th Amendment to kick his senile ass to the curb.
Because it would be apparent to every single person on the planet how dysfunctional he already is.

He is so messed up that I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised
if they manufacture some pretext to get rid of him before the inauguration.
Coronavirus complications, stroke, whatever.
Any excuse to get him out of the way.

If Biden were inaugurated, that would be her nightmare.
She'd be crying herself to sleep every night,
"why couldn't they wait two years?".

Well, crying herself to sleep for two years max.
Because I bet Biden won't even be alive in January 2023.

Believe me, dude, I understand exactly why the electoral college was created; a means for an “informed” electorate to elect a qualified president regardless of an uninformed populace. A sentiment that seems woefully outdated considering todays hyperconnected society.

We can talk about the 12th amendment if you’d like, but I often reference Madison’s response to James Wilson regarding switching to a direct national election “The right of suffrage was much more diffusive in the Northern than the Southern States; and the latter could have no influence in the election on the score of Negroes.”
That’s kind of telling, no?

So, if the system is so easily corrupted and it serves not the majority of a populace (even if only on occasion) perhaps it’s time rethink the system?

So, if the system is so easily corrupted and it serves not the majority of a populace (even if only on occasion) perhaps it’s time rethink the system?
Quite the opposite;
it's the nearly even balance and depth of polarization that made it possible.
There's a difference between original design goals and emergent system behavior.

Believe me, dude, I understand exactly why the electoral college was created; a means for an “informed” electorate to elect a qualified president regardless of an uninformed populace. A sentiment that seems woefully outdated considering todays hyperconnected society.

We can talk about the 12th amendment if you’d like, but I often reference Madison’s response to James Wilson regarding switching to a direct national election “The right of suffrage was much more diffusive in the Northern than the Southern States; and the latter could have no influence in the election on the score of Negroes.”
That’s kind of telling, no?

Really? Then why have a senate?

Quite the opposite;
it's the nearly even balance and depth of polarization that made it possible.
There's a difference between original design goals and emergent system behavior.

While not really the opposite, I can agree with this sentiment on the surface.

Edit- Yeah, original design and subsequent use are definitely different. That doesn’t mean it’s still not a flawed concept.

Except for the fact that BLM isn't really a big player here, they're just a basket of useful idiots for the swamp to use how they see fit. Once Biden is inaugurated (and by proxy, cameltoe) BLM, Antifa, etc, will get conveniently discarded and fade into near irrelevancy for the next 4 years once the soros cash spigots get turned off again.

I see the logic, but no. Brownshirts will still be useful for deniable enforcement actions.

You and I agree on a lot, especially regarding economics. With that said, and I’m merely playing devil’s advocate here, you mention the act of voting itself being a sham based on the system in place. That same system put Trump in power even though a majority of voters voted for Hillary 4 years ago. He lost the popular vote, as did Bush. What does the less popular candidate winning an election(s) say about the current system we have in place? That, by definition, is minority rule over a majority. If it’s broken, it’s broken in all regards and directions, not just when our guy loses.

The popular vote does not elect the President in this country. Each State assigned its electoral votes based on what a majority of its residents wanted. Trump won the State popular vote, meaning the electoral college. Now, if everyone can get over this and move on after 4 years, it would be great.

It would be interesting if each State had ONE electoral vote only. That's it. Every State is equal in the Union. RI carries as much weight as NY or CA.

That would be interesting.

The popular vote does not elect the President in this country. Each State assigned its electoral votes based on what a majority of its residents wanted. Trump won the State popular vote, meaning the electoral college. Now, if everyone can get over this and move on after 4 years, it would be great.

It would be interested of each State had ONE electoral vote only. That's it. Every State is equal in the Union. RI carries as much weight as NY or CA.

That would be interesting.

I’d be up for that!

Not to re-hash old arguments, I’m well aware of how the electoral college works, and to pretend it’s a perfect system would be remiss. Additionally, only 33 states have laws (that have no means of enforcement) that require electors to follow the popular vote in their states. Weren’t there faithless electors in 2016?

I’d be up for that!
Just like everything, I am sure there are some negatives. Like a tiny dumpster like RI would receive a ton of attention compared to NY.

But, in a way it makes sense. Every State receives the same amount of defense. Every State benefits from trade deals the same.

Just like everything, I am sure there are some negatives. Like a tiny dumpster like RI would receive a ton of attention compared to NY.

But, in a way it makes sense. Every State receives the same amount of defense. Every State benefits from trade deals the same.

Yeah, there’s no perfect solution. I like the idea of an equal voice for each state. It eliminates the possibility of certain states and their overwhelming populations (sanctuaries?) from having an unequal say in how things are run. The electoral college helps with this, but thinking one needs to win certain states to win the presidency should be a non-starter for any system.
I dunno, I’m just spit balling here.

Yeah, there’s no perfect solution. I like the idea of an equal voice for each state. It eliminates the possibility of certain states and their overwhelming populations (sanctuaries?) from having an unequal say in how things are run. The electoral college helps with this, but thinking one needs to win certain states to win the presidency should be a non-starter for any system.
I dunno, I’m just spit balling here.
any attempts to improve systems originally made by founding fathers only led to the degradation of such systems.

Sounds great... but VP Clinton would have Arkancided President Trump by 01 February 2017, at the very latest.
the ongoing deep partisanship of how it proceeds now is an absolutely horrible way to govern. and i am dead serious about that.
the model of congress as it is now is destructive for a whole country.

the ongoing deep partisanship of how it proceeds now is an absolutely horrible way to govern. and i am dead serious about that.
the model of congress as it is now is destructive for a whole country.

No argument here. I'd have gone Parliamentary. But alas. It's what's in the Constitution. We're stuck with it.

The bigger problem is the inadequate number of parties and the resulting overwhelming power both major parties have.

No argument here. I'd have gone Parliamentary. But alas. It's what's in the Constitution. We're stuck with it.

The bigger problem is the inadequate number of parties and the resulting overwhelming power both major parties have.

Parliamentary has not worked out so well for the folks in England .

Parliamentary has not worked out so well for the folks in England .
Every century, first 3 decades humanity goes berserk. It was like that whole last millennium. Wars, rebellions, etc. second part of a century- it all calms down.

Back
Top Bottom