EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

IF you are applying for a corporation , they want to know your posistion within the corp. If applying as an individual, ou leave it blank. FYI got my 03FFL last week. It took 7 weeks .
What are they looking for with this question? I get the SSN but position?

Position and
Social
Security
Number

Last edited:
Since I got my C&R last month I've spent around $2500 in 'investments. It's like a crack cocaine habit except you actually have value (if you buy right) when you come back down. It's the precious metals part of my retirement portfolio....steel baby!!!!

received mine in about 4 weeks! cant wait to start using it.....what to buy? what to buy?....lol

OK, check out Royal Tiger Imports...Grade C Chinese SKS, decent condition with bright chrome barrels. I bought two shipped right to my door for $430. If you see this tonight they are having a sale use veteransday2014 at checkout and get 10% off...must be today though. For the money, you can't beat them.

OK, check out Royal Tiger Imports...Grade C Chinese SKS, decent condition with bright chrome barrels. I bought two shipped right to my door for $430. If you see this tonight they are having a sale use veteransday2014 at checkout and get 10% off...must be today though. For the money, you can't beat them.

They were letting them go for $179 a couple of weeks ago. With the shipping it was pretty much the $199 they have it listed as now. An SKS for <$200 is a good deal, imo. Just hate the way some companies play games that way.

OK here's a question that I would like an answer to. I just got a K98 but the shop (#1) that had it would not send to a C&R license holder. Instead, it was shipped to another shop (#2) in my area where I could pick it up along with doing all the paperwork. This was treated as a normal purchase by credit card by shop #1 where there was no C&R license involved. I realize that since I have a C&R license that it has to go in my bound book but do I put shop #1 as where I received from or is it shop #2 ? Shop #1 is the shop that actually sold it and got paid but shop #2 is where the forms were filled out allowing me to take possession. I hope I explained this clear enough.

Greg

how long have renewals been running. I sent mine in when the renewal came in but have not seen anything yet. It expires next month.

Good question. I sent my renewal in on November third and have been wondering the same thing. Check not cashed yet. Can anyone relate their renewal experience?

OK here's a question that I would like an answer to. I just got a K98 but the shop (#1) that had it would not send to a C&R license holder. Instead, it was shipped to another shop (#2) in my area where I could pick it up along with doing all the paperwork. This was treated as a normal purchase by credit card by shop #1 where there was no C&R license involved. I realize that since I have a C&R license that it has to go in my bound book but do I put shop #1 as where I received from or is it shop #2 ? Shop #1 is the shop that actually sold it and got paid but shop #2 is where the forms were filled out allowing me to take possession. I hope I explained this clear enough.

Greg

Must have been a good deal or I wouldn't have dealt with the extra bs.

ok one question. I am filling out my application now. Since I am the only name on my application, do I have to fill out form 5310.20
the website says "applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable."
since I am the only responsible person, do I still fill out this form?

Anyone have any privacy concerns with the line at the bottom of the application that gives permission to release medical records to the atf?

Anyone have any privacy concerns with the line at the bottom of the application that gives permission to release medical records to the atf?

If you are applying for a C&R FFL, you are waiving more than just medical records. You are giving the ATF permission to audit you whenever they feel like it. That's what I would be more worried about. The medical record thing is so they can make sure that you aren't mentally ill. (see thread on what Gun Laws we should have for more discussion about that ;)

sucks, but true
If you are applying for a C&R FFL, you are waiving more than just medical records. You are giving the ATF permission to audit you whenever they feel like it. That's what I would be more worried about. The medical record thing is so they can make sure that you aren't mentally ill. (see thread on what Gun Laws we should have for more discussion about that ;)

Legally they can only do this once/year and by appointment only. Plus it is a paperwork audit only and our option of doing it at our home or a BATFE office.

The only run of wholesale audits (that I have heard of since 1998) of C&R FFLs was a few years ago, it was done selectively across the US and some of the auditors knew nothing of the differences between a dealer/mfr audit and a C&R audit legally so they tried invoking all sorts of BS into the process. If anyone stood their ground with a copy of the law/regs in hand, I'm sure it went just fine, but many get intimidated and kiss the ring out of fear.

As for medical records, the federal edict to computerize and centralize that sort of info means that the gov will have all our medical records (if hackers don't get it first) anyway. They will do as they wish regardless of law or permission slips!
Sad but true. Privacy is long dead and buried.

I've had the 03 for so long I can't remember. Never used it as I have the 07. I took out the 03 back when there was first talk about it being required to get the Green Card. At my last ATF audit the investigator saw it and said that she was surprised that it was nowhere in her records (yes, I have been renewing). Since I've gone at least 30 years without an 03 audit, I wonder if anyone has ever actually had one? Jack.

I have had a 03 for 6 years now, need to renew in February. Never once been audited, then again, I haven't had the financial means to purchase much. Has the renewal changed recently?

I've had mine since 1999, no audits.

Yes a few on NES were audited back a few years ago. Same time others reported similar audits in other parts of the country. Nothing since then however.

are there any specific sites you guys would recommend to create accounts. looking for both site to get discounts and for sites to buy c&r firearms. just turned in my application yesterday but i would like to get a list of sites going and a list of firearms going. what would you guys recommend as a good first c&r purchase? you can send me a pm if you rather not post site in the thread. i have a few sites going already but just want my list to be as large as possible then i will narrow it down to who i like doing business with and who i would rather avoid. any experiences are also appreciated. thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom