EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Renewal:

Received renewal form 5/11
Mailed form 5/12 Requested extension letter with form
Charged my cc 5/16
As of 7/8 NOTHING!
Expires 8/1

Waiting until next week then I raise hell. Last time they lied to Sen. Brown's office when (at my request) they inquired weeks after my old one expired. This time I'll make the call first, then hit up a congresscritter to inquire. 10:1 odds this will be necessary.

Just called BATFE Licensing.

Today's excuse is "they are just getting to the August renewals now". She said that there is no problem with my application/BG check, just work-load issues.

She said "I can send you an extension letter if you'd like" by Email or Mail. I opted for MAIL!! BTW, I requested the extension letter in the renewal application (there is a checkbox for this). So I guess they ignore this too until AFTER they finish processing your renewal, AFTER it expires!! Too bad nobody in US Gov't cares about this.

Still NOTHING received. I'll let this go until 7/31 (expires 8/1) and if nothing I'll hit up my contact at BATFE in DC, turns out that he's now chief of one of their bureaus. Probably a better bet than the fake Indian to try to get answers as why and what's the hold-up. I'm 100% certain that I will receive NOTHING before August! I'm actually more interested in the "why" and "what's not going on" than I am in receiving it in time.

They dinged my CC on 6/2. I just got back from 8 days in the woods yesterday and found my C&R in the pile of mail. Don't know when it arrived but sometime last week I guess. Now I need to figure out what to buy :)

Just got a renewal notice in the mail..... Damn 3 years goes by fast....

Renewal Received: 7/22
Mailed: 7/25
Check Cashed: 7/30
New License Received: 8/16
Expires: 10/1

Last edited:
Quick easy question that I wasn't 100% on. My first C&R purchase was a CZ82. When I do my MA FA10 do I do a "registration" with no seller info, or do I list the online source I bought it from. I did some digging around and couldn't be sure though I am leaning towards "registration" with no seller. Thanks. Sorry if this has been covered before, I just couldn't find it.

ETA - forget it, I didn't look very hard I guess, on second look I found my answer. EFA-10, no seller listed and marking registration appears to be the correct way.

Last edited:
Quick easy question that I wasn't 100% on. My first C&R purchase was a CZ82. When I do my MA FA10 do I do a "registration" with no seller info, or do I list the online source I bought it from. I did some digging around and couldn't be sure though I am leaning towards "registration" with no seller. Thanks. Sorry if this has been covered before, I just couldn't find it.

ETA - forget it, I didn't look very hard I guess, on second look I found my answer. EFA-10, no seller listed and marking registration appears to be the correct way.

MA does NOT approve of us buying ANYTHING online, so listing that info could result in an unfriendly visit looking to jack you up on state and federal charges. Of course you did nothing illegal but there is no way for the state to know that without investigating you . . . not a pleasant experience to willingly bring upon one self.

Well my renewed C&R FFL arrived in yesterday's Mail. So I sadly don't get the opportunity to put BATFE Licensing in the "hot seat" as to why it took 2.5 months!

So after you guys sent your C&R to brownells, did you notice a difference in the price of most things. I know they have my C&R on file, but my buddies account ( non C&R) shows the same price as my account.

thoughts??

Edit: Never mind. Discount isn't for every item. Found some items that there was a prices difference though.

Last edited:
MA does NOT approve of us buying ANYTHING online, so listing that info could result in an unfriendly visit looking to jack you up on state and federal charges. Of course you did nothing illegal but there is no way for the state to know that without investigating you . . . not a pleasant experience to willingly bring upon one self.

has there ever been an actual example of this happening?

I'm so anxious to get home and check the mail everyday for my C&R. Debited on 6/30, hopefully another couple weeks. I think a CZ82 is going to be my first buy.

Just got home from work. Small letter sized envelope waiting for me. Though I got denied...... Turns out I forgot to initial one of the four boxes on page two. Dumba$$. Sending the second page back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mine just showed up today, now to decide on the first purchase

Mine showed up today too! So excited.

Figures my C&R shows up today and the only vendor with CZ82s in stock, sold out tonight [angry] In stock the whole friggen time I waited for my C&R. Damnit. I hope they got more soon. Got 700 rounds of 9x18 ready to be shot.

Last edited:
OK, maybe I'm a dolt but while I can find the application form (https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Library/Forms/Firearms/atf-f-5310-16.pdf) I can't seem to find the renewal form, which is referenced elsewhere.

??

- - - Updated - - -

OK, maybe I'm a dolt but while I can find the application form (https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Library/Forms/Firearms/atf-f-5310-16.pdf) I can't seem to find the renewal form, which is referenced elsewhere.

??

Something is seriously wrong here. Sent my app in 8/4. Reading this thread, realized I also needed the other signature form, sent that 8/5. Received the license 8/26! So fast, I had no time to get the 10 cases of Ramon Noodles we'll be eating from now on!![smile]

So, Having the license finally, I HAD to use it and found a nice 1942 Mosin Nagant. Now i'm trying to figure out how to file the stupid Nanny-State FA-10 form. Regardless of using a non serialized (PDF) paper form or the eFA10 electronic version, I want to confirm that I am filing as a Registration (I acquired a firearm from out of state)
I know I DO NOT put the sellers information in
The only other question is whether a C&R is classified as an "antique weapon" I sure wouldnt think so, but I cant find the Mass d

I don't think it says anywhere on the application that a Certification of Compliance is required, does it?

I don't recall ever seeing the renewal form online. Maybe because BATFE pre-fills out a lot of your info on it before sending it to us??

BATFE mailed my renewal application to me in May. They had already filled in, by hand, some fields like name and address, type of license (03), fee ($30).

Edit: This renewal application was mailed to me after I phoned BATFE to check on my renewal because I hadn't received anything in the mail and couldn't find something to fill out on the Web site. They thought they'd previously mailed a renewal application, certainly possible. In any event, whether the application I finally received is typical in terms of fields already filled out by BATFE, I don't know.

Last edited:
Do I need it for my original/first application?

Yes, they won't process you without it.

- - - Updated - - -

BATFE mailed my renewal application to me in May. They had already filled in, by hand, some fields like name and address, type of license (03), fee ($30).

Edit: This renewal application was mailed to me after I phoned BATFE to check on my renewal because I hadn't received anything in the mail and couldn't find something to fill out on the Web site. They thought they'd previously mailed a renewal application, certainly possible. In any event, whether the application I finally received is typical in terms of fields already filled out by BATFE, I don't know.

Yes it is but computer-generated with your info already on the form for renewals.

Back
Top Bottom