• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

This is an OK deal. Common date $20 St Gaudens MS 63.

But I also got a 5% eBay bucks link this morning. So it became a much better deal.

Very good deal with Bucks. I didn’t get the offer this time.

Think we’ll hit the bottom in October? With the BOE easing I expect multiple central banks will start as well. May be the best time to load up as this bottom in prices alone might be the gift we have all been looking for. Idk 🤷‍♂️

Think we’ll hit the bottom in October? With the BOE easing I expect multiple central banks will start as well. May be the best time to load up as this bottom in prices alone might be the gift we have all been looking for. Idk 🤷‍♂️

If the bears can’t get to $1600 this week, like if we finish above $1700, I think the bottom is in.

I always thought about central banks buying bonds as being bullish for gold only in the sense that it's inflationary. I missed the piece that it's also keeping yields low which is also bullish for gold.

If I had extra cash right now, I'd buy this absolute treasure from apmex. That coin is grogeous! I do have it in my favorites right now so I still might if good fortune shines on me ;)

1795-p-colombia-gold-8-escudo-charles-iv-xf-45-ngc_260749_obv.jpg

1795-p-colombia-gold-8-escudo-charles-iv-xf-45-ngc_260749_rev.jpg

Buy 1795-P Colombia Gold 8 Escudo Charles IV XF-45 NGC | APMEX

Yeah if you think of gold as a bond that doesn’t earn interest, when Treasury interest rates go up it makes gold less attractive. It makes no sense when you factor inflation but a lot of investors and most gold traders (especially algorithms) don’t think that way.

This is an OK deal. Common date $20 St Gaudens MS 63.

But I also got a 5% eBay bucks link this morning. So it became a much better deal.

Maybe it's just me, but I get a weird feeling buying gold on ebay and would rather go through a place like apmex

Maybe it's just me, but I get a weird feeling buying gold on ebay and would rather go through a place like apmex

It's Apmex's Ebay store, sometimes it's almost safer to buy from a store's Ebay front cause a negative Ebay review really hurts a store, more than a review on their own website.

I’ve bought from eBay stores of real stores, I always cross reference what they have on eBay with their website. Can pay with a CC on eBay without the premium which is nice.

There are machines that can test coins for their metal content - even in holders. A few of us have them. To me they make sense if you’re going to be buying a lot of coins and particularly if you’re going to be buying coins from regular folks you don’t know.

There are machines that can test coins for their metal content - even in holders. A few of us have them. To me they make sense if you’re going to be buying a lot of coins and particularly if you’re going to be buying coins from regular folks you don’t know.

Thermo Fisher in Tewksbury makes these, including ones like a microwave that you put stuff in it, close the door and it reads the PM content. Think it’s for things like jewelry.

You’re talking to people on a survival subforum of a gun forum who buy gold and silver.

That’s my most comforting trait about this place, we’re all skeptical of everything here.
And yet who are you?

J don't know.

Are you full of shit? We all are until we take that daily shit dropping.

Maybe I'll learn a thing or two

This would be awesome if I had money. 4% back on Apmex purchases, although it's not cash, seems like Apmex credit or something.

I always thought about central banks buying bonds as being bullish for gold only in the sense that it's inflationary. I missed the piece that it's also keeping yields low which is also bullish for gold.

If I had extra cash right now, I'd buy this absolute treasure from apmex. That coin is grogeous! I do have it in my favorites right now so I still might if good fortune shines on me ;)

1795-p-colombia-gold-8-escudo-charles-iv-xf-45-ngc_260749_obv.jpg

1795-p-colombia-gold-8-escudo-charles-iv-xf-45-ngc_260749_rev.jpg

Buy 1795-P Colombia Gold 8 Escudo Charles IV XF-45 NGC | APMEX
I drooled when Apmex had the 1943 copper penny for $200kish, but was too chicken to buy. The saving grace is that was not a special deal as it was one of the "lesser coppers" - I think D but definitely not S.

This would be awesome if I had money. 4% back on Apmex purchases, although it's not cash, seems like Apmex credit or something.

Meh. There's better rewards cards out there that you could just use the cash back and buy gold/ silver.

We use this card and while I don't like big banks the rewards add up fast, especially with the cost of groceries and feeding 3 kids.

Meh. There's better rewards cards out there that you could just use the cash back and buy gold/ silver.

We use this card and while I don't like big banks the rewards add up fast, especially with the cost of groceries and feeding 3 kids.

I’ve thought of getting that one yeah. 2% cash back would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom