• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

After 14 weeks my renewal finally arrived with no restrictions. I guess the holdup is with cjis not the local PD

How do you come to that conclusion, and why do you believe what your PD told you? There are many posts here stating that a 4 to 8 week turn around is common. Some faster!

I know people at cjis and a former leo

I guess that explains it...because you know someone, they held you up longer than most? The states' website is saying they have an approx. 2 week processing time. Unless yours was lost, it took your PD 3 months to "process"? I know many PDs are jerking people around, but yours is one that is in the outer limits of waiting time. I just don't know why you are defending them like you are. If it was me, I'd be pissed!

I try not to get mad or sweat the small stuff. We live in massachusetts its a anti hun state. Getting mad doesnt help. Excersing our right to vote does we need to elect goal endorsed people

Just my opinion, but maybe some PDs are holding onto applications until they get a certain number of them, then they send it off as a batch to the state the continue the process. perhaps that is the hold up?

Just my opinion, but maybe some PDs are holding onto applications until they get a certain number of them, then they send it off as a batch to the state the continue the process. perhaps that is the hold up?

Although they aren't supposed to do so, I'm certain that MANY do it this way.

I pay my bills in batches. I don't do it as they come in in a "one a day" fashion.

Holding applications till they have a bunch is what my PD said. However a week later they said that they are coming in so fast that they cant keep up with them...

So i dont necessarily believe the holding for a bunch, unless its an extremely small city or town.

I actually recieved a call today from my PD and he took my name and dob. Hopefully hes going to really find out where my application is. Even know im fairly sure hes going to wait 2 hours call me back and say theres a hold up with the state.

6 months and waiting since the paper work went in, and its 9 months if you count went i started trying to meet with the LO.

I pay my bills in batches. I don't do it as they come in in a "one a day" fashion.

I think I'm going to pay my bills when I get enough of them in. After 6 months of my mortgage bills stacked up, I am going to pay them and have them process them all at once. Its the same thing, right?

I did hear in my hometown that they sometimes send them out on a certain day of every week, so if you apply monday it may not go out till friday. Thats not completely unreasonable to me. But holding onto them just to hold onto them is.

Had a conversation with my local chief yesterday. He said a lot of LEO's say they are waiting on the state but they are sometimes waiting for the State Police to do their checks. Keep in mind I was having this conversation while we were also talking about the dept's duty weapons and training that they do. I think they group them together because it saves time. Do I agree with it? No? Do I under
stand why? YUP? Is the process dumb? Absolutely!

Iceaxe,

I posted a Sticky thread on the process that the LTC goes thru for issuance. The info for that post was told to me by Jason Guida, head of the FRB.

It's human nature to group tasks, so as much as that isn't supposed to be the way LOs do LTC processing, I'd venture that the majority do it that way. Just like I sit down and pay bills (mostly electronically) a couple of times/month instead of when each one arrives . . .

I think they are full of crap.
I am not sure who to believe at this point. I do know that one of my current bosses is a former LEO and current Lawyer and he told me that they generally don't take that long at the state level and that in most cases it is the local PD that holds up the process for the individual. Take it for what it is worth, but this guy has never given me any reason not to take his word.

Week 8 for me, but i had received a call from my local PD a week ago that it will be in, in 2-3 weeks so im rushing to the mailbox in excitement every day from here on in haha. I have been putting money aside here and there over the last 8 weeks for my hunting gear. EXCITED...... [smile]

Iceaxe,

I posted a Sticky thread on the process that the LTC goes thru for issuance. The info for that post was told to me by Jason Guida, head of the FRB.

It's human nature to group tasks, so as much as that isn't supposed to be the way LOs do LTC processing, I'd venture that the majority do it that way. Just like I sit down and pay bills (mostly electronically) a couple of times/month instead of when each one arrives . . .

I guess there are no "Type A" LOs in this state.

I'm a little annoyed with your definition of human nature.

Back
Top Bottom