• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I can no longer argue with Facebook Commandos

I just put this on my Faciebook page. I just do not have it in me. People are going to be stupid no matter what. I guess I am just too stupid to fathom why they cannot understand something that is so engrained into my being.

I can no longer argue with Facebook commandos who wish to infringe on my rights. Who do not even know the definition of an “assault-weapon” is or the existing laws in place with regards to background checks and mental capacity. There have been too many grotesque acts of violence that have had nothing to do with firearms. For example The Bath School disaster, The Oklahoma City Bombing, and 9/11 which have had drastically higher toll on human life to name a few. I believe it is natural for people to want to defend their family friends, loved ones, and even property form those that wish to do harm. This is the very reason why I decided to join the military at 17 as soon as I graduated high school. I know there is evil out there. I know there are those that wish to do harm to others and the police cannot and will not protect me and my family. If I can prevent or stop just one, it is worth me carrying a firearm every single day. That is all I have to say about that. My sorrow and prayers still go out to the families of loved ones lost to these evil people who commit these heinous crimes against their fellow humans.

I hear you. I have a woman on my Fb who made the claim that anybody that buys a handgun does so with the intent of killing somebody. Not the first.anti to throw that crap out. How do you argue with somebody that far gone?

I know. Believe me, I know... the multitudes of ignorance is just so off the charts on every level. It's maddening.

I anticipated some fb blathering. But after I read "shove the Second Amendment up your ass" in a comment, and was tempted to reply, I simply deactivated the account.

I typically don't get embroiled with that crap. It's almost as bad as arguing with YouTube commenters.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

why not, oh i dont know, delete your facebook. problem solved.

Using "close friends" helps a lot, too..... reduces the trash level.

I went on Facecation yesterday until the new year. I tried to fight ignorance with logic, facts and references but it was a losing battle. Emotion is just too strong. Come 1/1 I'll start thinning my list to people I actually care about and if that doesn't help, I'm going dark. I like Facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family, but these days it's just irritating. Debating with nitwits has done nothing to elevate the level of discussion and has only made me angry.

After Obama won I posted that anyone on my friends list that voted for Obama, please delete me because you're a retard. I lost like 3 friends hahhaha. These libtards are going apeshit but I do see some would be antis saying that this is a mental health issue. But yeah last night someone posted a state reps FB , Linskey and he was deleting comments made by pro 2a people! We reported him [laugh]

Sent from my POS iPhone

I use it for paintball stuff and to keep in touch with far away family members. The person I referred to is part of a former social group that is being thinned.

You people need to learn the magic of the defriend button and never look back. Attempt to educate, if that doesnt go anywhere, remove from contact. I havent had one single anti comment with any of my friends yet, and only friends of friends being retarded.

Last edited:
After posting what I did above, I did a little searching about "psychological projection" as it relates to firearms, and found this excellent article/blog, which explains it better, and more importantly offers suggestions for dealing with an anti who's using projection as a defense mechanism:

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

You are just coming to this conclusion NOW?

I guess you hope that somehow they will see the logic. Like I said it is so fundamental to me I cannot really understand why the sheep are sheep. Not just coming to the conclusion now. Just stupidly continue to try...

Many of the comments I've read on facebook are so illogical and emotion based, that arguing is just a waste of time.

I have been collecting my thoughts in the last few days trying to decide if I want to write something about the recent events, and gun control on my FB page. I'm not really on there that much, and don't often get involved in the debating. Last night I found it hard to get to sleep as I thought of what I'd write. However, I don't think I'm even going to bother with it. More than a few of my "friends" on there are very anti. Getting into a debate with, and possibly losing a few of those friends doesn't bother me in the least. In the last few years I've come to realize who my real friends are anyhow, and none of those folks qualify. What I really don't want to do is get into it with my family. I have a pretty small family and I love all of them regardless of their views. One of my uncles is an old hippie guy who plays in local bands for a living. I know he is an anti. He put something on his FB the other day comparing slavery to gun ownership. As in, we need to abolish gun ownership the same way we abolished slavery. [facepalm/] I typed up a long response to that, and then deleted it. I'm never going to come up with any profound statements to change his mind, so why bother? I'll see him Christmas day and if he wants to get into it, I'll happily do so and then won't see him until the following Christmas.

It seems to me that some people would try to make us feel ashamed of being gun owners after what happened in CT. I have no use whatsoever for ignorant a**h***s like that. If that's the way you feel, why don't you go turn in your car next time some drunk driver 1000 miles away runs over a kid on his bike.

I commented on mine saying if your anti gun anti 2nd amendment anti constitution delete me one person deleted me 10 liked my status lol.

I did the same thing, expecting my FB contacts to dwindle. Instead, I started getting friend requests.
I do have some bozo posting anti comments on my training page, but refuse to argue with him.

I got into an argument with an anti Andy, she went out and purchased a handgun... When you hit them with an hour worth of logic the few that aren't too far gone usually turn tail and rethink things.

I've tried to avoid getting involved in any policy debates on Facebook. The one thing I am doing is correcting factual inaccuracies. I posted the following yesterday, copied from NES'r Mike-Mike:
There is so much (gun related) misinformation on the news. As firearms instructor, I will politely answer your questions honestly and with facts should you reach out to me with a question. I am not trolling for a debate, just offering a service to help with the confusion or misinformation. (Other instructors please feel free to re-post this.

Lots of sensitive people on here lol. Do what I do, if someone retard starts posting anti 2nd amendment / ban all gun talk on facebook. IGNORE it, I will usually try to educate when I see it but if they just aren't getting it or are just being full retard I just go on my merry way and not argue about it.

I hear you. I have a woman on my Fb who made the claim that anybody that buys a handgun does so with the intent of killing somebody. Not the first.anti to throw that crap out. How do you argue with somebody that far gone?

Dude,its absolutely retarded!!! Those people who make comments like that have to be some of the most small minded people on earth. I have a 13 and 7 yr old daughter,a brand new house my wife and I own a business. Yeah,and I got my LTC to go randomly kill someone........[bs2]

Lots of sensitive people on here lol. Do what I do, if someone retard starts posting anti 2nd amendment / ban all gun talk on facebook. IGNORE it, I will usually try to educate when I see it but if they just aren't getting it or are just being full retard I just go on my merry way and not argue about it.
I'm not on FB but I've heard different things on here that are just full blown retard coming from some of these social sites. I don't think its a matter of being sensitive,more like reminders of how crazy people think.

Invite anyone who is anti to come out to the range and shoot with you. If they still have the same opinion after that, at least you can respect that they were willing to learn/try.

I bet most will soften their views.

Back
Top Bottom