• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let the R.I. panic buying begin!

Where is that blue card requirement in the law?
I think it's in the 18 to 21 bill. Got an email alert recently from ri2nd that highlighted that. I know, it's new to me also but supposedly in the text of the 18 to 21 bill they screwed us. Of course they'll say that's their way to ensure you have to be 21 to buy anything but they did that just to destroy online sales

I think it's in the 18 to 21 bill. Got an email alert recently from ri2nd that highlighted that. I know, it's new to me also but supposedly in the text of the 18 to 21 bill they screwed us. Of course they'll say that's their way to ensure you have to be 21 to buy anything but they did that just to destroy online sales

That's correct. Here's the specific language:

11-47-64. Sale of ammunition.

(b) No person, firm or corporation shall sell ammunition to any person unless such person is twenty-one (21) years of age or older and holds a valid pistol/revolver safety certificate issued by the department of environmental management.

Here's the whole bill: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText22/HouseText22/H7457.pdf

Frank

I doubt any are going to and I doubt any cops are going to have any interest ingoung door to door to enforce the law.
Oh, sure. The real point is the chilling effect, the ban on sales, and the glorious lifetime-prohibiting felony charges they can tack on when some gun owner gets jammed up. And, of course, the ability to tell your anti constituents that you're dOiNg sOmeTHiNg!!!1!

(b) No person, firm or corporation shall sell ammunition to any person unless such person is twenty-one (21) years of age or older and holds a valid pistol/revolver safety certificate issued by the department of environmental management.

Here's the whole bill: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText22/HouseText22/H7457.pdf

Frank
Well at least is does not make you need a licence for every component of ammunition like MA. So I should be able to get primers and powder in RI still.

Frank
So much for my reloads and specialty ammo from Bullseye in Woonsocket. :mad:

Sounds like that can be solved online the same way as the MA-LTC req. has been - upload a photo of your ID. I'd be surprised if TSUSA and co stop shipping to RI over that.
I hope that's at least the case. Either that or here in RI we'll have to order the ammo and have it sent to an FFL and then get whacked the transfer fee

Sounds like that can be solved online the same way as the MA-LTC req. has been - upload a photo of your ID. I'd be surprised if TSUSA and co stop shipping to RI over that.
It takes more work on the part of the sellers, but the blue card in RI isn't something that requires renewal, it lasts for life.

The way more blue states are going with online sales, the sellers from big to small are going to have to do some extra work to keep their potential customer base as large as possible.

Back
Top Bottom