• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Liberal Outrage Megathread

I think Alphabet (Google) and Facebook both need to feel some antitrust heat. Google owns like 95% of internet search. If that's not a monopoly - I don't know what is. Amazon is getting too big IMHO as well, but in each of their market segments they do face stiff competition. Making an antitrust case against them would be much more difficult. But Google - shit a first year law student could make that case. It's so blatantly obvious.

Where does one get these shirts?

Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder RNSS-117

Liberalisim_is_a_mental_disorder_RN_800x.gif

Are these a**h***s so stupid that they actually want another civil war? Because it won't end well for them.

It not because the right is blood thirsty or vicious either - we have sat on our hands and watched as people who blind side people with bike locks, kick people in the head, block highways and damage property are sent off with a pat on the head; meanwhile if we are carrying a gun and cop sees it we get arrested and dragged through the system for a year or more.

So the left goes Full Fruit Fly Retard and starts beating conservatives anywhere they find them, show up in front of homes and start making threats and the police keep up with the pat on the head treatment..... Well I know I won't accept violent people at my home or trying to beat on me and if the cops stand down - I am well within my rights to defend myself.

I think Alphabet (Google) and Facebook both need to feel some antitrust heat. Google owns like 95% of internet search. If that's not a monopoly - I don't know what is. Amazon is getting too big IMHO as well, but in each of their market segments they do face stiff competition. Making an antitrust case against them would be much more difficult. But Google - shit a first year law student could make that case. It's so blatantly obvious.

Having a defacto monopoly is not enough by itself to levy antitrust actions. They'd have to prove that google screened out competitors, etc, when the reality is that nobody gives a shit about the other engines because they suck. (eg, bing, etc. )

-Mike

<Senior editor of @RawStory mocks Steve Scalise for calling for an end to political violence>

This Instapundit query can give you a survey of the hypocrisy,
dating back to Sarah Palin's microaggressive reticles.
c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

Glenn Reynolds must have said a lot more down through the years,
but the editors of USA Today probably don't let him write
"civility <BS>" in his column.

... the left goes Full Fruit Fly Retard and starts beating conservatives anywhere they find them, show up in front of homes and start making threats and the police keep up with the pat on the head treatment..... Well I know I won't accept violent people at my home ...
I don't anticipate getting picketers in front of our exurban house,
but I have wondered what that would entail.

I get a real kick out of the two-seater tree stands at Cabela's,
and would love to strap one to a tree on our front lawn
for use an ersatz "front porch" on nice evenings.

(Two tiers of security cams -
one visible and one hidden -
would be nice for situational awareness).

bongos_dream_dorm_large.jpg

Do you suppose police that would normally let protesters go FFFR
could be maneuvered into breaking up a picket line as an illegal disturbance
if the target trolls them by refusing to cower indoors
and instead occupies their front yard in utter silence?

Like the living version of those stuffed figures
that people put in beach chairs for Halloween.

Last edited:
So, what would be the solution?

Have the government step in, and somehow take their search and divide it amongst several companies? (Not possible).

Google doesnt force anyone to use Google. There are alternatives.

What I do have a problem with, is buying a phone with an Android OS and being forced to have a Google acct. I didnt pay attention when I bought the Note9, but I'm not sure if there are options for me to use other accounts.

I'm also forced to use Google play.

Have the government step in, and somehow take their search and divide it amongst several companies? (Not possible).

What I do have a problem with, is buying a phone with an Android OS and being forced to have a Google acct. I didnt pay attention when I bought the Note9, but I'm not sure if there are options for me to use other accounts.

No - not necessarily breaking up their search operation, but it is beyond doubt that they are using the power of their search monopoly to influence other markets in their favor and even politics at this point. They're also using their browser (Chrome) to spy on users and influence market conditions as this point too. Breaking the search and Chrome into separate individual companies would be my first thought. Something separate from their G-Suite, Mobile device, etc business lines.

They're all coming for Thanksgiving. Pray for me... Although I may just get drunk, watch football and wear my "Liberalism is a mental disorder" t-shirt:)
I got you beat. My in-laws think that because I'm a foreigner, that must mean I'm a liberal. Regardless of any of my actual thoughts or opinions. So having a conversation with them is sometimes really tough, in their Kafka world.

Buy a Blackberry?

I got you beat. My in-laws think that because I'm a foreigner, that must mean I'm a liberal. Regardless of any of my actual thoughts or opinions. So having a conversation with them is sometimes really tough, in their Kafka world.
all my wife's family are eastern liberals. I'm kind of the hick midwesterner in the mix. They actually thought I voted libiot. We don't visit much. The benefits are we don't visit much.

Back
Top Bottom